Hey y'all! I just got here and I wish to have a great time

Sendu

Hi all! I sincerely just googled "visual novel forum" and came up here. I liked the original modern forum UI. I'm quite new in the visual novel world and mainly I'm used to visit vndb.org, but I think I'll be very often coming here too, as it sounds like a great community.For now, my tastes are mostly all along college life students and slice of life stories. I love romance stories. I like drama and comedy (if possible together, if not I tend to prefer the comedy at the moment, but I was used to prefer the drama).
I don't want to promote myself, but I really need some suggestions based on a visual novel I read, with those elements which I like plus possibly a relationship where the main male protagonist gets motivation from a female heroine/character and improves is life. I opened a thread in the VN suggestion section, please check it out!
Said that, I hope to get along easily, to have a great time and to enjoy a long stay out here.

Welcome to Fuwa!

I'm glad you enjoyed the welcoming posts so far. We are a nice community in the end, even if sometimes infested with rampant shitposting. :D

And TBH, considering the story elements you like, the VN market pretty much have you covered for the rest of your life, most of them are exactly about that. ^^

11 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

And TBH, considering the story elements you like, the VN market pretty much have you covered for the rest of your life, most of them are exactly about that. ^^

Pretty much. Music is like that for me too, sometimes I look up for something specific, but there's no exact genre I like. I mostly listened to so much different stuff, I sometimes say that I go along for X months with a genre and then with another, but actually the fact is that I most love to hear everything and get to learn and enjoy many different things. Maybe it's just my nature, I'm pretty sure I'm going to experience the same with visual novels. Said that, I'll sometimes still look for very specific kinds of things. but I also know that I need to "experiment" in order to know if I like something, so it's all a game of first sense and then checking up here and there IMHO. I can sometimes be very picky about certain things, but I can get to like many titles easily, you've got it (excluding the clearly intentional crap VNs).

It's like if you're willing to learn to get the good things from literally any kind of edible food. Several times, it'll be my mood and what I want to experience in the current period that drives my choices. Nevertheless, I really love what can leave some kind of life message. Everyone's different, so what is able to leave a message is different also. I played two visual novels and both of them made me learn something and made a huge impression on me.

In conclusion: Katawa Shoujo has been suggested to me, I said I'm not going to play it now, but I also said that I'll be playing it in the future. In some months, or perhaps even a year or two, you could see me posting a review and recommending as it'd have become my favorite VN. These are practically how my tastes are.

Edit: I wanted to write what I wrote above, but I'm not exactly sure how tastes works. It's just an assumption, it's true that I change tastes that much and I try always to experience as much as possible with an open mind. There is no actual rule, sometimes I'll be liking romance, sometimes slice of lice, sometimes depressing drama. I'm sure I'm not the only one like that.

8 hours ago, Funyarinpa said:

Welcome!

Have an OST:

[video]

I love Fuwa more every minute, thanks for the OST! It seems great.

Edited by Sendu