Yo

Odenvard

I've kinda lurked about this place for a while*, but I haven't gathered up the will/courage to actually make an account until now. I've read quite a decent few VNs, and would have a hard time actually remembering what all I've read. I probably read my first one before I even knew what a "visual novel" was, but I'm pretty sure the title of "First VN I read while kind of knowing what a VN is" belongs either to Sunrider MOA, or to Katawa Shoujo. I can't really remember which I played first. Other ones I've read and enjoyed include Ever17, Remember11, some gameplay/vn hybrids like Sengoku Rance and Kamidori Alchemy Meister (I beat both of those multiple times, more times than there were endings for Kamidori :P). With all that said, I figured I would finally make an account here to see if about perhaps having interesting discussions with people who have the same general hobby as me (maybe even make a friend or something :P)

*I was sort of around before this place went... legit, I suppose. I don't know if that's really considered a long time, but whatever.

18 minutes ago, Akshay said:

Hi!

Welcome to Fuwa. If your having trouble keeping track of your VN's you might consider making a VNDB account.

I might consider doing that, but the problem with that is that I would have to try and find out what I read then forgot about for it to really help me remember what I read. I guess I could just list what I remember as I remember it, but it'll all depend on if I feel like I actually care enough about remembering the list of things I've read. Thanks for the suggestion, of course.

Welcome to Fuwa!

And well, VNDB account surely makes it easier in the long run, don't look at it as something you have to fill in one day, more like a tool to gradually keep track of what you read and what you want to read in the future. ;)

Anyways, enough of the VNDB evangelism. I hope you'll have fun around here, lurking or posting. :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

Congratulations on finally finding the courage to become a member I'll try and go easy on you

But yeah putting a list of all the vn's I remember reading was both challenging and rewarding. I was shocked at the end of it when I realized just how many of the damn things I had played through

Edited by Ranzo

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and I think you meant that you have been a lurker here since back when Fuwanovel still provide the torrents, and if that's the case then it's been almost three years. Anyway, if you want to discuss something in regard of VNs, feel free to do that at this forum. Hope you have fun here.

15 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and I think you meant that you have been a lurker here since back when Fuwanovel still provide the torrents, and if that's the case then it's been almost three years. Anyway, if you want to discuss something in regard of VNs, feel free to do that at this forum. Hope you have fun here.

Guess it has been about three years, then, if not slightly longer than that :P

Anyways, I plan on sticking around, now that I've "unlurked", and I hope I'll manage to enjoy myself here. Maybe I'll even make a VNDB account :o

Hi! Welcome to Fuwa!

By the way, while creating a vndb account is really a good idea, you don't really have to remember every VN you've read when you create it. I'd say, add the ones you can can think of the top your head right away, and, for the rest, just add them gradually as you recall them. I do the same thing with my Mangaupdates account: while I definitely don't remember every oneshot I've ever read, I add them if I stumble upon their page and realize that I already know the story.

Okay, I gave in and made a VNDB account, and started the list of VNs I've read. Not a whole lot listed on there yet, but its kinda cool to have it, at least. Also, I've never stopped to appreciate the beautiful simplicity of that site. It seriously is a good, well designed site. Doesn't seem to make any cross site requests at all, so its really fast, too.