What, one feature in some VN's like you'd like to see more commonly in VN's as a whole?

Thatcomicguy

It can something major or so minor that you'd hardly notice it was there.

For me it would be a simple progress percentage that VN's like No, Thank You!! has or each individual route besides the bad ends that instantly take you back to the main menu. As some VN's with extremely slow pacing like Clannad, you can spend all day on and only feel like you've only progress a tiny amount so it would be a nice little way to show you how far you are from that little light at the end of the tunnel.

What about you guys?

EDIT: I know someone's going to say it so I'll address it first. I know most VN's show completion stats in their galleries when you've finished a route or some have them at the very start. But those are completion stats for the CG's or the Endings you need to finish, I'm talking about actual route percentages rather than gallery ones. 

Edited by Thatcomicguy

You said one, but... XD

A built-in flowchart. It's also very good to see your progress, it's a must have for completionists like me.

And I also liked that Comyu had a chapter menu that let you jump to EVERY SINGLE SCENE, super nice!

I also like any VN that provides any kind of variation to H-scenes, else they get quickly repetitive (choices that let me choose who's gonna be on top, choices that let me ship any two people from my gang of friends, etc)

I will name 3 because they serve different functions: interface function, narration style, and plot.

1. Completion percentage. Some VNs have extremely long routes. If you read without checking some sort of source, it can get annoying at times to read something. 
  2. Connected routes. Of course it is nice to read routes as completely different stories, but personally I love stuff like Multi Route mystery. 
  3. Perception based choices. I mean such choices as Umineko's final/only choice. Those choices that do more than just determine heroine.

7 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

You said one, but... XD

A built-in flowchart. It's also very good to see your progress, it's a must have for completionists like me.

And I also liked that Comyu had a chapter menu that let you jump to EVERY SINGLE SCENE, super nice!

I also like any VN that provides any kind of variation to H-scenes, else they get quickly repetitive (choices that let me choose who's gonna be on top, choices that let me ship any two people from my gang of friends, etc)

BUILT IN FLOWCHARTS and ENCYCLOPEDIAS.

YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Also Top\Bot choices are always nice.

Just now, onorub said:

The only VN i've seen that has something remotely like that was Tokimeki Memorial 2, and it was not straightforward at all.

The one game I played that had this (it was more of a hentai RPG than VN, but...) was Fukai ni Nemuru Oujou no Abaddon. Gang had 3 guys and 3 girls and you can hook ANYONE with ANYONE! Super cool, but a pain to see all the CGs.

17 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

The one game I played that had this (it was more of a hentai RPG than VN, but...) was Fukai ni Nemuru Oujou no Abaddon. Gang had 3 guys and 3 girls and you can hook ANYONE with ANYONE! Super cool, but a pain to see all the CGs.

The only thing I can think of with something similar to what you're on about is this - https://www.nutaku.net/games/download/girls-can-be-pervy-too/  where you can create your own scenes after finishing the main routes. I haven't played it myself though so I can't say if it's good or not but the concept alone makes it interesting.

Edited by Thatcomicguy

1 minute ago, Thatcomicguy said:

The only thing I can think of with something similar to what you're on about is this - https://www.nutaku.net/games/download/girls-can-be-pervy-too/  where you can create your own scenes after finishing the main routes.

Cool, thanks! Too bad they removed the trap on this game, it was possible to do it with her too?

3 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Cool, thanks! Too bad they removed the trap on this game, it was possible to do it with her too?

Nutauku's page only mentions the three girls but VNDB shows around five including the trap's so I don't know why they cut them.

3 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

The technical perfection of VNs such as Tokyo School Life or Go Go Nippon!. The 2.5D animations in those VNs are great.

I have both of those but only read Go Go so far and they where pretty good, I recall some of Frontwing's releases are stepping up and improving there's like Corona Blossom but it still looks slightly weird until you get used to it.

Being able to pick the heroine route you are in before you start the game, eliminating all those pesky choices that don't lead to bad endings.

Edit: Needless to say, my hatred is directed toward those who try to create an illusion of player agency by inserting numerous pointless choices into VNs.  I've only run into a few VNs where this system exists, and it was a lot easier to stay engrossed in the game because of it.

Edited by Clephas

3 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

The ability to easily go from windowed to full screen to back again without having to constantly go through the settings should be a essential feature

I know some of them do but the majority do not and it's a pain when they don't

Most respond to Alt+Enter, in my experience... the exceptions are mostly 'classics'.

It'll be quite fast.

1-Voiced protagonist.
2-A plot that doesn't revolve around a protagonist trying to fuck 5 different and equally stupid girls.
3-Tsunderes, everywhere, ditch the shit deres, and cast tsunderes, there's no Sun without tSun.
4-The ability to use a fleshlight connected to the game.
5-The ability to not use a fleshlight connected to the game.

Well, there's skip to choice which it's pretty common at nowadays VNs I guess. Also sprite viewer, in which you could be able to view the sprite at the extra menu after finished the VN. Other then those, I would like to see more VN did allow to to jump to previous scene like Comyu and 11eyes. And in case you able to rename the MC, then I would like the casts call the MC by the default name voiced, because otherwise it would be awkward when someone supposed to called you was unvoiced and only show in text.

Edited by littleshogun

7 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

A built-in flowchart.

Definitely this. The mild spoilers that result from such a system are worth it for the added convenience. The last game I played had tabs for each separate route (or transition), which showed the route completion, and overall game completion, percentages.

Edit: Here's an image from vndb of what I mean.

Spoiler

6678.jpg

Adding my own:

Changing the color of already read text--not enough VNs do this.

Edited by 1P1A

not a feature

1. a scene mode where you can read every scene in the vn. every scene has a title and has a description just like in grisaia. (i wonder why did they removed that in rakuen??) also a scene title on the title bar neXt to the game title just like in shuffle fan disk that has red nerine and child nerine.

2. a bgm modo with a description on it just like in leyline.

3. a h-scene choices like in canvas 2.