Differences between Dies Irae all ages and +18

mitchhamilton

This might be completely wrong since it's hearsay and I haven't played the +18 version, but from what I know, instead of translating the H scenes from the Acta Est Fabula version and putting them into the Amantes Amentes version, they just gave you download links to both versions. 

This would mean that the +18 version would be slightly incomplete, not having the pretty nice side stories that were an added feature of the Amantes Amentes non-H version. 

As I understand it, 18+ version is the most original version with no additions at all. All ages version replaces h-scenes with alternates scenes, and contains an additional route that comes from the PSP version of the game. Actually it would probably be most accurate to say that 18+ version is the original version, and the all ages version is a port of the PSP version.

3 minutes ago, tahu157 said:

As I understand it, 18+ version is the most original version with no additions at all. All ages version replaces h-scenes with alternates scenes, and contains an additional route that comes from the PSP version of the game. Actually it would probably be most accurate to say that 18+ version is the original version, and the all ages version is a port of the PSP version.

Original version would be the weird mess no one played that's the also sprach zarathustra version, released two years earlier with two less routes and apparently masada not doing all of it though I dunno about that part. 

+18 version being offered was the second PC version. All ages is the PSP port with the extra epilogues. Mostly right though gotta nitpick about muh chuu2. 

8 minutes ago, Kaguya said:

Original version would be the weird mess no one played that's the also sprach zarathustra version, with two less routes and apparently masada not doing all of it though I dunno about that part. 

+18 version being offered was the second PC version. All ages is the PSP port with the extra epilogues. Mostly right though gotta nitpick about muh chuu2. 

Is there any choice differences between them?

5 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Has to be between Also Sprach Zarathustra and Acta Est Fabula, since the first one didn't have Kei or Rea's routes, so all choices related to them wouldn't be there. First one wasn't even translated though, so it's pretty useless here. 

Amantes Amentes, the PSP port, should have no different choices, I think. What it adds are post-story epilogues, so there shouldn't be any change to the main story other than the removal of H scenes.

2 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

As far as I remember there is a choice to have an h-scene with Kasumi or not around chapter 3 in 18+ version.

Amantes Amentes (All Ages ver) is the definite version covering full story. 18+ ver is basically Acta Est Fabula with the option to switch to 16:9 (full CG, original AEF is 4:3) like AA but doesn't have another final ending in Rea's route and 5 extra stories.  

Edited by Ashley Horizon

2 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

Obviously I know the all ages won't have all the lewd bits but what about structurally? Are there different choices, outcomes?

I've been asking and been getting more confused by it. No spoilers obviously. Thank you.

Normally when they port a  18+ game to a console, they remove explicit sexual content. However they also add extra content. For example, in the console version of Ayakashibito they added a hounen route instead of the sex.

The timeline is something like this:

First "Dies Irae Also sprach Zarathustra" was released in 2007. This was the original first version of the game and was not translated. This included H-content

Two years later (2009) , "Dies Irae Acta Est Fabula" was released which included new routes for Kei and Rea. This also had H-content.

Three years after that (2012) , the game was ported to PSP and the h-content was removed but new content was added such as opening song, new CG's, epilogues and some short extra routes. Basically this had everything the previous games had except the H-content.

However, instead of making a patch to port h-content from Acta Est Fabula to Amantes Amantes, they translated BOTH games. So if you want the h- content, after you clear Amantes Amantes, you will have to skip through a lot of Acta est Fabula.

(Source: VNDB)

Edited by Akshay

10 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

Obviously I know the all ages won't have all the lewd bits but what about structurally? Are there different choices, outcomes?

I've been asking and been getting more confused by it. No spoilers obviously. Thank you.

Acta est Fabula lacks the second Rea ending and some of the side-stories.