`

SomethingFunny31

Tried not to include song with lyrics like ops and ends, since it would be too much. (Also ofc I have way more, but, this are the ones that I listen the most)

Edited by Guest

I adore Yoru no Himawari from Subahibi:

Fate/stay night's New Dawn (the title screen theme when you've completed the vn):

Everything from Symphonic Rain:

The House in Fata Morgana OST is stellar:

I have a soft spot for Narcissu Side 2nd's OP:

And I love the wonderful FES from Phantasm (Chaos;Head, Steins;Gate):

f13176.jpg

Spot one, a rose guns days song. Seriously though the whole rose guns days OST is great. I could pretty much post anything from it and it'd be one of my favorite songs anyway. This is actually just one of many excellent random battle songs in it. Maybe I should have picked one of the amazing lighthearted songs that play instead of this. The whole OST has such a nice, unique feel to it. 

Spoiler

This Hanachirasu track. Lots of different opinions about the game, really short though. Always was a remarkable track to me, and I never really found anything similar to it. 

Spoiler

And to finish up, a Senshinkan song. Absolute despair. Embrace the edgyness, I love it.  

Spoiler

Are we talking songs, or BGM? I'll assume songs (cause we already have a thread somewhere for BGM)....

This song played during a particularly emotionally charged heroic scene. And I teared up SO MUCH (happy tears). Never knew I was that sentimental.... :kosame:

Themes from Hapymaher, which has the single best VN soundtrack I've heard.

Evolimit themes

Spoiler

Ikusa Megami Zero

Spoiler

Haishiela's theme.  Other characters can be considered more powerful (Such as Serika after the turning point of the game), but no one else is so purely awe-inspiring.

The classic Ikusa Megami battle theme.  Occasionally modified, enhanced, or remastered... but it is still one of the best rpg battle themes I've encountered.

Bullet Butlers themes

Spoiler

Last of all Devils Devel Concept... Barbarian on the Groove does good work.

Spoiler

Unfortunately, my bookmarks of this game's best soundtracks are long dead... sad.

Edited by Clephas

Tons...

Lost memories by marie - & ed

Tokisoku op by shimotuki

Asairo op

Tsunagu mirai ed by duca

Null by chata

Amatsutsumi op

Hapymaher op

Hoshiori yune mirai op

Ruri no tori by shimotsuki

Koi no recipe by marie

Presto in hatsusaku by KOTOKO

Reincarnation in nanarin

Totono OP, monochrome

Muramasa op

Hoshizora tea party op and ed

Focus love by marie

Liblume in inochi no spare

Skip by chata

Etc

My current fav singer would be Chata.. previously it was Marie. Then before that it was Shimotsuki Haruka

Just BGM: too many to name any specific ones

Actual songs: the ED song of H2O -Footprints in the Sand-, Tomorrow, definitely gets the favorite spot. Other ones I love include G-senjou's ED and Haruka Kanata's ED.

Beware the spoiler images

I highly recommend you play the game BEFORE listening to this (as it is my favorite VN), but should that be hopeless, have a listen.

Bonus: OP and ED of Aster (The ED video spoils the entire game :amane: so just listen)

Edited by Funnerific

There are more briliant ones from SG 0, but this is my favorite.

Then ofc, G-senjou no Maou's OST is whole perfect, no need to point out any particular song.

Clannad's soundtrack was also nice, but most of the songs don't mean anything without the story, so i'll just point out this one that's packed with emotions

17 hours ago, Clephas said:

Last of all Devils Devel Concept... Barbarian on the Groove does good work.

Hide contents

Unfortunately, my bookmarks of this game's best soundtracks are long dead... sad.

Does DDC really have more soundtracks like these? I am currently playing it and it sounds like something to look forward to XD

Lets see what I can add. I won't bother with Umineko or Rewrite. 

Lets start with some of Eden*. Contains spoilers.

Spoiler

And I know this technically counts as cheating, but everything from Guilty Crown Lost Christmas, because it shares best of its OSTs with anime:

Spoiler

So I will drop promo and complete anime soundtrack. 

Edited by Sparteh

2 hours ago, Sparteh said:

Does DDC really have more soundtracks like these? I am currently playing it and it sounds like something to look forward to XD

That's really the ED... I originally had a bookmark for a playlist with all the soundtracks, but the idiot put up something controversial and got banned...

But yeah, the scenes during the combat/massacre (the difference is questionable, when Sora is acting) tend to have that kind of heavy metal rhythm to it.  The slice-of-life ones are kind of goofy, but I really like the one they use for darker scenes where there isn't any conflict... it feels like something straight out of a horror movie.  Games where Barbarian on the Groove is at least partially in control of putting together the soundtrack tend to have really good music (they tend to get hired mostly for OPs and EDs though).

Definitely one of my favorites even though it has a obnoxious rap part in it

This one from Symphonic Rain because it just so damn hard to nail it down but it felt rewarding when I finally got a A+

Ugh this one I still have it in heavy rotation on my ipod the lyrics are so hopeful that it hurts considering..

This one is so soothing: I really really liked it, and for whatever reason it's staying in my head rather persistently: it's probably my current favorite (with Childhood Friend from Princess Evangile being a close second for that spot). 

For all time favorite, it gets harder to decide, but I really like how this gets so frenetic: it especially seems to fit the later parts of the VN. 

I really like how the song (like Skyclad Observer) builds to something of a climax, and I wind up having to listen to it twice or thrice before moving on to the next song. This is probably my favorite song in the VN, and the VN had a lot of really good songs (Amadeus, Future of Spirit, Messenger, and Re: Awake amongst others).

Admittedly these are probably "safe" choices, and perhaps somewhat stereotypical, but the thread asked for favorite songs from VNs, and I staunchly maintain that Steins;Gate is my favorite VN (and one of my favorite pieces of any entertainment type) so it's only fair for it (and its universe) to feature so heavily in the selections. 

On 1/27/2018 at 8:35 PM, Sayaka said:

Fate/stay night's New Dawn (the title screen theme when you've completed the vn):

Man... I think of the songs in F/SN this is the one that hits most in the feels. It's... Even now it's hard to listen to after having finished the VN. It sounds so morose and bleak (to me at least), and I can't help but think of

Spoiler

the mess (in events) that is Heaven's Feel - especially the part where Shirou loses Saber. I can't help but feel really down after listening to it...

Edited by snowbell55

I really like Skyclad Observer too. I watched the anime before I played the vn, and although Hacking to the Gate is a great song (and I guess maybe fits the anime better), when Skyclad Observer plays it felt to me like embarking on something epic. Which, y'know, is true. :Chocola:

Spoiler

5 hours ago, snowbell55 said:

Man... I think of the songs in F/SN this is the one that hits most in the feels. It's... Even now it's hard to listen to after having finished the VN. It sounds so morose and bleak (to me at least), and I can't help but think of

Hide contents

the mess (in events) that is Heaven's Feel - especially the part where Shirou loses Saber. I can't help but feel really down after listening to it...

I get quite a different impression from New Dawn: certainly I find it an emotional (and sad) song, but I get a strong feeling of catharsis from it - kind of "our long journey is over, we went through a lot, we sacrificed a lot, but the sakura blossoms are in bloom and we're still here to watch them together - and remember those who aren't by our side".

Although we already have a thread for VN OST/song, I see no harm to tell my favorite here. As for my favorite in regard of the VN that I just played, there's a certain track from Seabed at Chapter 6 which pretty much the sign to get into the depth of the seabed (Bad pun I knew lol).

Edited by littleshogun