Romance VN worth playing

Keyalha

As the title states i am out of Novels to play.

I would love to get my hands on a good novel and would be happy if you could help me out finding something worth playing.

I have a few conditions of what i look for:

MUST HAVES:

Must be available in English or must at least have a a 100% English Patch.

Must be a commercialy released game or a Fandisk of a commercial game.

Modern Day or Sci-Fi setting ( no past japanese, past world , or compelte fiction worlds )

Romance Theme or Friendship Theme

SHOULD HAVE:

School Life

Nakige ( not nukige )

Slice of Life

Romance

WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE BUT NOT CRITICAL:

Yuri

18+ ( yeah some games might be better with H then without )

Pure Love

NO GOES:

Games i already played

Gore, Snuff, Murder, Rapce

Battle of Wits

Murder Mystery

Otome Games

Yaoi Games

Furries

Animal People

Fetish or other weird stuff

The list of games i played is rather short so lets get those out of the way first, obviously i dont need those suggested anymore :)

http://vndb.org/u53144/list

I really enjoyed the Da Capo. Personally, I think 2 is better than the first one but the first is still really god so I recommend you read that first if you start the series. They both are romance school life VN's

I also recommend both Deardrops and Konosora. Konosora is more school life while Deardrops is centered around a band.

I think that all of them fall into the romance, nakaige, and slice of life categories.

Symphonic Rain is the best VN I read that fits all of your "should have" list.

Trust me, I've read over 150 VNs~

Cross Channel would be my second option, but it also deals with darker themes. Both of these VNs enter my top 15, so you know they gotta be good.

Oh well, those should be enough to start.

I really enjoyed the Da Capo. Personally, I think 2 is better than the first one but the first is still really god so I recommend you read that first if you start the series. They both are romance school life VN's

I also recommend both Deardrops and Konosora. Konosora is more school life while Deardrops is centered around a band.

I think that all of them fall into the romance, nakaige, and slice of life categories.

I played 1 sorry forgot to add that to the list.

It was ok but somehow for me it tried to do something but the meta story fell apart for me, where in rewrite or in Little busters the meta story was present enough to always have it lingering in your mind it failed to connect in Da capo.

Da capo 2 left me like 30 minutes in never got to finish it and dont even plan to sorry i forgot those.

Deardrops i already played that and love it to bits. I could hug my screen each time i see riho on screen.

Konosora dou you happen to have a VNDB link for that?

Symphonic Rain is the best VN I read that fits all of your "should have" list.

Trust me, I've read over 150 VNs~

Cross Channel would be my second option, but it also deals with darker themes. Both of these VNs enter my top 15, so you know they gotta be good.

Oh well, those should be enough to start.

Symphonic Rain has rape so its a no no see my requirments.

Same for Cross Channel, again dark themes like rape gore snuff murder abuse and such things are a no no for me.

I just started playing Hoshizora no Memoria but please keep suggestions coming.

http://vndb.org/v9093

Here you are

Ah i remember that. Is this not the game that totally got butchered due to censoring to a level where it no longer makes sense?

If my memory serves me correct they even took out jokes that had a hint of sex in em and ruined the whole translation in the process.

If so i might wait for a "proper" fan translation first. The art and music of the game looks fine after checking it out and it seems a restoration patch is in the making. I just wait till the full one of that is out and might give it a shot.

Ah i remember that. Is this not the game that totally got butchered due to censoring to a level where it no longer makes sense?

If my memory serves me correct they even took out jokes that had a hint of sex in em and ruined the whole translation in the process.

If so i might wait for a "proper" fan translation first. The art and music of the game looks fine after checking it out and it seems a restoration patch is in the making. I just wait till the full one of that is out and might give it a shot.

There is a fan translation done by some of the fuwanovel members here

https://fuwanovel.net/novels/if-my-heart-had-wings-restoration-patch

It doesn't even has H, it's an all ages, how come it has rape?

I guess one scene can be interpreted as such, but they never let it very clear in the game.

Also, it was consensual, so I wouldn't take it as rape, since both parties agreed to it

:P/>

It doesn't even has H, it's an all ages, how come it has rape?

I guess one scene can be interpreted as such, but they never let it very clear in the game.

Also, it was consensual, so I wouldn't take it as rape, since both parties agreed to it

:P/>/>

Well i just look for the Tags at VNDB and have Rape as blacklist requirment.

It sure doesnt come from nothing i would assume.

In general everything like rape gore violence and the dark themes is not my cup of tea.

I like light hearted romantic pure love or pure friendship VN´s.

If they are music centered like deardrops or kira kira or have a good meta plot like Little Busters,Clannad or Rewrite even better.

Well i just look for the Tags at VNDB and have Rape as blacklist requirment.

It sure doesnt come from nothing i would assume.

In general everything like rape gore violence and the dark themes is not my cup of tea.

If they are music centered like deardrops or kira kira or have a good meta plot like Little Busters,Clannad or Rewrite even better.

Symphonic Rain is music centered.

Also, I just looked at it's tags on VNDB and I didn't find rape

here:

http://vndb.org/v38/tagmod

It's really an all-ages with not much violence. The father of one of the heroines is a jerk, but that's about it.

Symphonic Rain is music centered.

Also, I just looked at it's tags on VNDB and I didn't find rape

here:

http://vndb.org/v38/tagmod

It's really an all-ages with not much violence. The father of one of the heroines is a jerk, but that's about it.

Yeah just checked things up might be me messing things up.

I will check it out when i am done with Wish upon a shooting star.

What is this I don't even?

Symphonic Rain has these three.

Yeah just checked things up might be me messing things up.

I will check it out when i am done with Wish upon a shooting star.

Aaah I see, truth to be told you will not easily find something as good as Hoshimemo and English in the listed categories. Iroseka is supposed to be even better (from the same company), but the translation is stuck on like 80% for like a year sad.gif

A while ago I was even listing erogamescape for similar categories (I included loli heroine, pure love, romance etc) and alongside Hoshimemo and Iroseka, I was able to find only a handful of other games, all of which are currently in translation (such as Tenshin Ranman).

[edit: if you don't include loli, the selection isn't much larger at all as most of these games still include at least one loli]

But yeah, at least it means that the years to come will have lot of love so I will always have something to look forward.

Edit: also one very close to finishing for which I want wait is Dracu Riot, it also has 純愛 tag (Pure Love), its from Yuzusoft just like Tenshin Ranman and is about 80% complete.

http://vntls.org/project/dracu-riot/

@Snowtsuku

I will most likley check out symphonic rain the art is a bit meh but if the story is good i will cope with that.

@Steve

I might check that out when its fully translated since i tend to wait for that.

I am at learning japanese but just 4 month in so i am not confident enough to read raw yet.

@Magicflier

Sorry already played that and stopped a few hours in forgot to add that to my vndb list now in.

Not my cup of tea the humor was too over the top for my personal taste.

Dont know why just rubbed me the wrong way, and its a nukige which i dont mind if the storyset is decent and the humor is to my personal taste, but for now i look for something with a bit more story meat :)/>

Sad news is that i have problems with Wish upon a shooting star it crashes after like 10 minutes in with japanese characters shown like the translation patch is somehow borked dunno why i hope i can fix that but i fear the worst for now.