If My Heart Had Wings FD and SP talk

TheGuy21

So, IMHHW has been out for a long time now. What with almost all players/readers hating Moenovel for their butchery, I thought I'd like to have a little discussion with old fans of the VN as well as new ones. Don't get me wrong, this is a really great VN with or without the eroge scenes. A really solid and great VN.

Now as most of us know, there is the Flight Diary and Snow Presents version apart from the base one. I've been checking posts and forums for the past 2 hours now about any news on translation of the two. So far, I've found just speculation since they released a new VN with the telescopes. I know for a fact that there are fans out there trying to translate Flight Diary as well as SP. There are few posts about this dating back to 2015, some are speculations last year (2017) that Moenovel is working on translating Flight, but some are just asking the question to translators if their translation project is dead or not. I would personally like to know any news you guys know and would like to have a fun chat about this amazing VN that spanned a fandisc.

I would really like FD and SP to be fully translated and with a restoration patch (like the base game), wouldn't you also agree? :chaika::sacchan:

P.S. For those that own the Steam version of the game and plan to make the Restoration patch; finish the whole game first without it to get the achievements cause once you put the Restoration patch, you won't get achievements for the game.

Snow presents is getting a machine translation at the moment.

The Flight Diary project has seemed dead for ages, and the little I saw of the translation quality of that project did not seem very good, anyways.

Not much hope for those two as of now, I'm afraid. (Unless you're okay with a machine TL, I guess.)

I played Snow Presents with machine translation. Well, there's not much content story-wise. It's just a nice SoL event (with way too many H scenes). However, seeing Kotori happy warms your heart even during the coldest of winters.
As for FD, well...I talked with the guy who was translating it. (If I'm not mistaken, he was involved in Hatsukoi too). He wanted to create a proper patch for the game, but he lacked of the proper tools. (this news is one year old...in other words: it's ancient history)

3 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

Snow presents is getting a machine translation at the moment.

What do you mean?
You mean someone is translating it in VNR?

Just now, MarcomiX said:

That's a good news. 
anyway, here's the reddit forum about Kono Oozora:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IMHHW/

No, not really, lol.

A machine translation is not a translation. It is a machine that produces mostly nonsensical lines, normally leaving out tons of important information.

You can read it and get some idea of what is happening, but that's about it.

Just now, Dergonu said:

No, not really, lol.

A machine translation is not a translation. It is a machine that produces mostly nonsensical lines, normally leaving out tons of important information.

You can read it and get some idea of what is happening, but that's about it.

Well...that's how I played the game, almost a year ago!
So, nothing new....

12 minutes ago, MarcomiX said:

Well...that's how I played the game, almost a year ago!
So, nothing new....

That's kinda the point though.

If you want a machine TL, you can just read the game with VNR yourself.

As a translator, seeing people call machine TLs "translations", and having them make actual projects around that rubs me the wrong way.

6 hours ago, MarcomiX said:

I played Snow Presents with machine translation. Well, there's not much content story-wise. It's just a nice SoL event (with way too many H scenes). However, seeing Kotori happy warms your heart even during the coldest of winters.

There's a reason Kotori is still my most favorite heroine.

I'd certainly love to see both of these games get the translation treatment at some point.

On 1/27/2018 at 7:31 AM, MarcomiX said:

That's a good news. 
anyway, here's the reddit forum about Kono Oozora:
https://www.reddit.com/r/IMHHW/

Oh cool man, well at least the news here is promising, just months old like a month or two.

Here's news about SP being translated and hopefully up this year: https://www.reddit.com/r/IMHHW/comments/7gzy7m/imhhw_snow_presents_translation_in_full_swing/

On 1/27/2018 at 8:20 AM, Infernoplex said:

What rubs me the wrong way is SakuraGame being called a VN publisher. It bothers me that what they are releasing is even called a "translation", much less to speak of "localization" (yeah, I am off-topic here but since you guys are already talking about machine translations...).

It's fine man. Not much people nowadays have love for VN with all the battle royal games and whatnot coming out. I just wanted to put that spark again most of the people who are passionate about VNs had.

On 1/26/2018 at 11:55 PM, mitchhamilton said:

flight dairy and snow presents was once being translated and might still be. this is all just speculation.

yeah, youre probably sadly not gonna get anything more than that honestly.

Check the reddit post @MarcomiX shared, it's got tons of latest updates on some patches. I'm really pumped up to see all of this coming together! :mare: