What are you looking forward to be released in 2018? Officially, Fan released or just Personally hope to see this year?

Thatcomicguy

I've been spotting quite a few newcomers to both VN's in general and us crazy lot here on Fuwa, so I thought to start this thread for any noobies to give them a hint as to what's coming up from what we know from last years announcements, upcoming fan projects and also just what we like to see personally as well.

For reference if you can't remember the announcements - 

MangaGamer - https://vndb.org/p428

Denpasoft/Sekai - https://vndb.org/p4859

JAST - https://vndb.org/p102

For me: 

Officially would be - 

• The Complete Box for the Grisiaia seires
  • Maji de Watashi ni Koishinasai *Even though I read the Fan version I still want to support an official release.*

The rest of the officials listed are less or a priority and more a curiosity -

• Evenicle
  • The most forbidden love in the world
  • Maitetsu
  • Senren * Banka
  • Nanairo Reincarnation

• Sengoku Rance

• Trample on "Schatten!!"

Fan Releases - 

• Tsujidou-san no Jun'ai Road

• Koiken Otome ~Revive~

• Majo Koi Nikki

• Shin Koihime † Musou ~Otome Ryouran ☆ Sangokushi Engi

• Kanojo to Ore to Koibito to.

And finally what I wish to see this year personally would be

• Majikoi A-3.

I would list it with the other fan releases but unlike the others we haven't really heard much from the team progress wise, but they have said last I checked that it's still happening despite the official release of the first game.

Hoping Sekai will pick up Mashiro Iro Symphony since they did KoiSaku from the same company. Actually I'm kinda torn on that one. I want to read the VN pretty badly but it's also one of my primary motivators for learning Japanese and if it gets localised that motivation will be gone.

Also The Human Reignition Project that is coming soon™.

• Rewrite Harvest Festa PLS. I need my sweet sweet deserved Kotori route epilogue (and I guess some of the other stuff seems fun)
  • Hoshimemo Eternal Heart for similar reasons for the two heroines that needed it
  • My Root Double Vita version so I can actually read it, do it Sekai you said Sony was approving it
  • MajiKoi A-3 cuz more MajiKoi is always good
  • BokuTen because I like Overdrive art and stories
  • Some random stuff that I like for the Art/H-scenes (SukiSuki, Clover Day's, Hapymaher, Lover Able, Tsujidousan no Jun'ai Road, Nursery Rhyme, Magical Marriage Lunatics, Majo Koi Nikki, Sumaga, Ley Line 2, etc)
Edited by NowItsAngeTime

45 minutes ago, NowItsAngeTime said:
  • MajiKoi A-3 cuz more MajiKoi is always good

High five for the Majikoi comment alone haha.

25 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Lovely x Cation 2 

I've heard that series is pretty good though it's a bit odd the English translation team are starting on the second one rather than the first.

13 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

I've heard that series is pretty good though it's a bit odd the English translation team are starting on the second one rather than the first.

Guy behind tl didn't like first game, so he decided to take a second one. There is no connection between them so who cares if you didn't read any of them because they are similar in all aspects (except teacher route).

Edited by ShinRaikdou

Newton to Ringo Ki  

https://vndb.org/v20330

Waiting for Full English Translations

Getting interest me after see their synopsis at local forum... 

And I was became more curios after watch demo of this games. 

Spoiler

Highly recommend interesting story about time traveling into the past, 

Reference to Real history of Newton...

And the point make me getting really attracted to this VN's are...

The Main heroine is Newton himself... ah.. I mean.. herself ~

Spoiler

{ NEWTON REALLY IS CUTE TWINTAIL LOLI MADAFAKA! }

Similar situation with anime - Oda Nobuna no yabou . Make me more excited for finish this VN soon !

Edited by Jazid-Kun
dunno about Patch stuff =.=

24 minutes ago, PapaRabbi said:

I just want anything by Eushully to be translated

After finishing Kamidori I have to agree. I was already looking for the other translated ones but they're not full English patches only narrative and menus... :notlikemiya:

42 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

my Steam backlog and wishlist are both already monstrous enough that I don't need any new stuff to make it even scarier. :vinty:

You'd really think I'd learn my lesson after counting that I have 90 VN's on Steam to read and another 91 downloaded from elsewhere before planning on buying more new releases, but no I'm too weak. :wahaha:

31 minutes ago, alchemicalhaze said:

Newton to Ringo Ki is an official translation, so there won't be an english patch.

I'm partly looking forward to this but isn't the team who did Libra the Vampire Princess doing this? I've heard bad things from that.

16 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

Maggot Baits also looks interesting so I'm willing to give it a try when it comes out.

I was interested in that but when I viewed the CG gallery to learn more about it, it seems pretty messed up even for me when I thought VN's like Euphoira were pretty tame but maybe I'll still get it.

10 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

I'm partly looking forward to this but isn't the team who did Libra the Vampire Princess doing this? I've heard bad things from that.

The Libra team is helping with PR. They are not connected to the translation team, and the translation team is made up of different people than the ones from Libra's TL team.
I'll refrain from commenting on their capabilities beyond saying that they are patently more capable that Libra's translators were.

5 minutes ago, Mr Poltroon said:

The Libra team is helping with PR. They are not connected to the team, and the team is made up of different people from Libra's team.
I'll refrain from commenting on their capabilities beyond saying that they are patently more capable that Libra's translators were.

Oh That's good to know, I'll probably grab when it comes out then... Or at least wait for some reviews as I still haven't even touched my copy of Libra after I pre-ordered after reading some early reviews.

2 minutes ago, MaggieROBOT said:

Hopefully, Mangagamer finishes Hashihime of the Old Book Town this year. This art is so dreamy :kosame:

Me too the art looks so unique. I'm also looking forward to Room No.9 as it's made by the people who did No, Thank You!!. I'm getting bored with Naked Butlers, it's good but even with a guide it's still a pain to navigate the route you want, Komine's is the worst it's so easy to fail early on. 

35 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Worth noting that the Libra TL team is working pretty hard to clean up the translation, which is nice to see. They should have gotten it right the first time of course, but I'm glad they're putting out the effort to fix their mistakes.

Just now, tahu157 said:

Worth noting that the Libra TL team is working pretty hard to clean up the translation, which is nice to see. They should have gotten it right the first time of course, but I'm glad they're putting out the effort to fix their mistakes.

That's good to hear I might finally get around to reading my copy soon then