What VN's Have You Stalled On? Or Outright Dropped?

Thatcomicguy

Its rare that i 100% a VN, i usually skip routes of characters i hate or the loli routes (not my thing ;c). Examples would be i never did Makina's route in Grisaia, I cntlred through the whole of Chisato's route in Koichoco (seriously most annoying childhood friend ever) and ignored the Kouhai route (forgot the name), I've also stopped SakuSaku after reading 2 routes (kouhai and student president routes) cuz the protagonist stinks and many more which i dont remember lol 

About VNs that i got and currently stalled would be Tokyo Babel (Its huuuugeee....but i heard its good, premise seems intriguing) Princess Evangile W Happiness(i started on the presidents route i think but got bored halfway, i still have it installed though). I was also looking to start reading Steins Gate but never finding the right opportunity for it yet, maybe soon!

9 hours ago, PapaRabbi said:

I'm about halfway through like 10 different VNs. I have a problem.

You gotta finish it Cro's route is so good and she's adorable

seconded, i really enjoyed Chrono Clock, its much better than most Moeges

VN that i just outright dropped is Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. After the first like 20 minutes, it was a torture for me. There's non existent plot, no character development (literaly all of them were unbearably stupid and boring). When i was like halfway in Umi's route, i just couldn't believe wtf am i even reading (talking about the really sad and disheartening incident about cleaning)

I did not even finish one route. Music was repetitive, after like 10 minutes it got annoying. The only thing this VN had going was the artwork. I like Pulltop's art in VNs, but that's about it.

Except of that, i never decided to read Shizune's route in Katawa Shoujo (i tried, but that student council stuff was kinda boring).

And there's one VN that i stalled, and that is Kara no Shoujo, simply because i got frustrated and angry about the choice and route system. Also, i'm not sure, but i think i was spoiled about the ending anyway, so it will probably be still a long time until i get back to it. 

Oh another one I stalled out on was Kara No Shoujo 2: I was really hyped on it before it came out but man that opening.:amane: I think it's a big mistake to open the sequel of your game with a super long flashback sequence with these completely new characters. It was real jarring for me and it took me out of it. I'll have to give it a try again at a later date because I have heard it gets really good later on.

I agree on Dal Segno. Very... very boring. And moe in a bad way.

It has to be some major shit for me to think of dropping it... so far I've dropped a few novels, the ones that feel cringey... and they were not major works. Normally I read a novel thoroughly, and yes I do read moege and look forward to some H-scenes, it's not because of that that I feel a game is cringey. Also there's the rare case where some honestly good routes get mixed with boring, meh, or facepalm-worthy routes (Crescendo).

Lmao, I have stalled on Some VN, But I play it again another day... 

My main reason is just because temporary boredom ~  

But their is some VN  make me uncomfortable with.. 

Ex : Muv-Luv,  ; Some ppl said this VN is good one but Don't know why I don't Like this VN's. maybe because their twist plot or something... I don't know ~ 

That's VN make me confused when play it ~ 

Another one Like ; Supipara- Spring Has Come, LoveKami -Useless Goddess-,  Dragon look up to endless sky ~ ; and ... I forget The title ~ 

I stalled on them ~  Its because Some common reason  { graphic, story, plot, etc ~ } 

Then, I don't like VN {eroge} with full Hentai stuff...  

I will absolutely stop playing the game with too much Hentai service and make their story not stable ~   

Well... This is just my opinion ~ 

1 hour ago, Zidan209 said:

VN that i just outright dropped is Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort. After the first like 20 minutes, it was a torture for me. There's non existent plot, no character development (literaly all of them were unbearably stupid and boring). When i was like halfway in Umi's route, i just couldn't believe wtf am i even reading (talking about the really sad and disheartening incident about cleaning)

I did not even finish one route. Music was repetitive, after like 10 minutes it got annoying. The only thing this VN had going was the artwork. I like Pulltop's art in VNs, but that's about it.

I remember looking for to that one after hearing about it as it sounded slightly unique but yeah it became so boring and in some routes like the Manager's didn't make sense. Like they were doing the whole will they won't they, then just skipped a load of stuff and now she acts like a completely different character when visiting him at his home, it made zero sense.

5 minutes ago, hsmsful said:

1-Grisaia no Kajitsu 

2-Majikoi

3-Rewrite

4-Kanon

5-Kara no Shoujo

6-OsaDai (my gf is the prez)

7-Fate/hollow atarxia

8-Yandere

9-Euphoria

10-Kamidoria

11-ShiniKiss

12-Swan Song

Yup, you guessed it. I never finish what I start and stall it forever and ever :holo:

Have you even finished anything?

7 minutes ago, HMN said:

So you haven't read something that's actually good?

Do you want to have a fight with me on this particular thread? Why is there no angry reaction on this forums?

You haven't even finished fate/stay night to have the right to talk about it, let alone have the audacity to diss it, you unknowledgeable ignorant person. 

7 minutes ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Let me guess, You stalled it because Too Long duration and Bored in the middle ~ ?

Nah just trash routes. Like we have shizuru's route in rewrite, shitchiru's route in grisaia no kajitsu, chris's route in majikoi and kanon just made me lost hope in all humanity especially with that art. Can people even read that?

Dropped: 

- Noble Works --> Was boring as hell. No story, boring female characters and I don't understand why so many people have given such a high rating. 
- Katawa Shoujo --> Seriously this one is too hyped! It wasn't something for me and I didn't like the drama in Katawa Shoujo. 

Stalled:

- If My Heart Had Wings --> Overrated! I was bored most of the time and I actually don't like the setting... Maybe I will continue it sometime in the future. But I don't think so. Miagete Goran, Yozora no Hoshi o looks more interesting and I like the design of the characters more. I will try this one, as soon as a completed restoration patch is out.
Koisuru Natsu no Last Resort --> I was bored most of the time...
D.C. III ~Da Capo III~ --> finished Charle's and Sara's route and I liked both of them. BUT I have no motivation to read the other Routes at the moment. Maybe sometime in the future. 
D.S. -Dal Segno- --> same reason like Da Capo III. I finished Hazuki's and Io's route. I loved Hazuki's Route and it was really cute but Io was just borring. This game has always the same pattern... I think I will skip the other 2 Routes and then I will read Ame's Route because I heard her Route is actually good and really interessting. 

Edited by -soraa

7 minutes ago, hsmsful said:

You haven't even finished fate/stay night to have the right to talk about it, let alone have the audacity to diss it, you unknowledgeable ignorant person. 

What are you on about, bruv? I finished two routes of Fate. 

:OneTrueRen:

Stalled:

• Kagetsu Tooya - My hard drive broke while I was reading it, and I lost all my saves. And rereading it from the beginning would be a bit tiring, so I decided to stall it for indefinite amount of time.
  • Himawari  - I was pretty disappointed with Himawari in general, but I still want to give it a second chance, so I'll probably try to read it again at some point.
  • Fate/Hollow Ataraxia  - My completionist nature required me to read all the SOL scenes as they appeared. Do I need to say why it quickly became very boring?
  • Rose Guns Days - I read it with a partial patch, but I was never in a correct mood for it after the full patch was released.
  • Mahoutsukai no Yoru - Still waiting for somebody to release a full patch.
  • Steins;Gate - Finished several chapters, but I'd already watched the anime by then, so I decided to wait before I more or less forget about what happened in it.
  • Also, I often play VNs for some time after I install them to check that they actually work, and then leave them unfinished for extended periods of time.
  • Yin-Yang! X-Change Alternative - :makina: I'll probably get back to it... At some point... I think... Maybe...

Dropped:

• Clannad - Similar situation to Steins;Gate, but considering the nature and the immense length of this VN, I doubt I'm ever going to finish it.
  • Higanbana - It was simply boring. The worst translated work by Ryukishi so far.
  • Mix Ore - Got the first ending, and I wasn't impressed with this VN in the least. Dropped.
  • Moon. - It was... unique. But also pretty bad at the same time. I'll probably never finish it.
  • One ~Kagayaku Kisetsu e~ - I'd like to experience this VN at some point, but I don't think I'll ever do that.

1 minute ago, Dreamysyu said:

Clannad - Similar situation to Steins;Gate, but considering the nature and the immense length of this VN, I doubt I'm ever going to finish it.

If you mean Similar situation is Tomoya's Time Traveling,  it's  just at After story arc,

Another main heroine route not have any time traveling like nagisa after story... 

which makes this VN very long is after story arc ,  Another main heroine routes story not that long ... 

I overjoy with their story, I recommend you for read it again and stop until nagisa route ~ 

23 minutes ago, Jazid-Kun said:

If you mean Similar situation is Tomoya's Time Traveling,  it's  just at After story arc,

Another main heroine route not have any time traveling like nagisa after story... 

which makes this VN very long is after story arc ,  Another main heroine routes story not that long ... 

I overjoy with their story, I recommend you for read it again and stop until nagisa route ~ 

I meant, my situation with Clannad is similar to this:

47 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Steins;Gate - Finished several chapters, but I'd already watched the anime by then, so I decided to wait before I more or less forget about what happened in it.

And, even though I know that not all routes are adapted, spending 100 hours on an extremely slow-paced VN whose story I already know would be too much for me. I'd rather read some other VNs during that time.

Edited by Dreamysyu

1 hour ago, Jazid-Kun said:

Hmm? I think this kinda good for Mainstream Visual Novel Setting story.. 

This My first Finished VN's ~ I was really enjoyed it ~

Does Mainstream mean that it is automatically good? It's from people to people different. 
I can understand it, if it was your first VN and that's why you liked it. 

But sorry Bro, this VN is focused on Comedy with Romance. If I need something to laugh than I am going to watch an Anime and don't waste my time to read a long comedy-moege VN. That's what I learnd from Noble Works.
Furthermore I am not a fan of a sugar-sweet romance VN without drama and a good story... It's just boring when nothing happens. I mean it is okay, if it is a short VN but not for a long one... 
Even Harem-Animes have a better Story than Noble Works and if all games from Yuzusoft are like that, than I will never play a game from this company again. It's just not worth my time. I don't need cute female characters, if nothing interesting happens. Even Princess Evangile has a nice cliche story with drama and it's a fucking combination of charage and moege :P 

Edited by -soraa

Stalled: Umineko. It supposedly gets really really good, but the first episode was just unbelievably boring and the characters by the end annoyed the crap out of me.

Dropped: Starless. It's... far too intense for me. It doesn't even have good writing so there's really no reason to go back to it.. ever.