Danganronpa - Initial Impressions

Akshay

No spoilers past Case 1 here please.

I just finished Case 1 and it was super intense. I finally got around to playing it. The writer does not care about killing characters AT ALL. People I thought would last the whole game, just died immediately. 

And the bear...., his voice is gonna give me Nightmares. One thing I didn't like was the bright pink blood. A lot of the death CG could have been a lot more traumatic and gory. I kinda feel the murder's lost a bit of the effect. Another thing is the last bullet game, where you have to do that stupid dance dance revolution thing (where you have to hit the random statements, according to the rhythm. It adds literally no purpose to the game. and the truth bullets are nearly all selected, and the problematic statements are highlighted, making the intellectual part easy, while the game play part irritating. I would have prefered a more Phoenix Wright type jury system to be honest.

And at the end, execution by baseballs.

My god. It is so goddamn brutal. And twisted. It's incredibly horrible, but you can't look away.

I'm glad you got the game!!!! It's waaaaaaaaaaaay better than that anime atrocity that I rage quited halfway because it was so damn fast.

I think the pink blood grew on me after a while. The series is so ridiculous that the more absurdities the better. And god, this rhythm game thing is really the worst AND IT'S EVEN WORSE IN DANGANRONPA 2 (I'm playing 2 right now, but no one talk about it here people, pls, don't spoil it for Akshay)!!! All the minigames got way more annoying!

If you like case 1, I think you'll really like the others! For me 1 was the weakest because the others are so much fun (is that the right word?) and

Spoiler

the way Kirigiri just pulled that note in the middle of the trial... I felt cheated.

But I agree that first execution is one of the most brutal. And the fact that Monokuma is laughing through it didn't help. But that's how this game is. :illya:

Btw, are you playing with the japanese or the english voices? If japanese, the "omaaaaaaaeraaaaaaaaaaa, ohayou gozaimasu!" already is your rl alarm? :wahaha:

Good totally not safe trip, man! Hope to keep discussing it with you and may your favorite characters survive in the end, hopefully mine survived!

Edited by MaggieROBOT

Just now, MaggieROBOT said:

I'm glad you got the game!!!! It's waaaaaaaaaaaay better than that anime atrocity that I rage quited halfway because it was so damn fast.

I think the pink blood grew on me after a while. The series is so ridiculous that the more absurdities the better. And god, this rhythm game thing is really the worst AND IT'S EVEN WORSE IN DANGANRONPA 2 (I'm playing 2 right now, but no one talk about it here people, pls, don't spoil it for Akshay)!!! All the minigames got way more annoying!

If you like case 1, I think you'll really like the others! For me 1 was the weakest because the others are so much fun (is that the right word?) and

Reveal hidden contents

the way Kirigiri just pulled that note in the middle of the trial... I felt cheated.

But I agree that first execution is one of the most brutal. And the fact that Monokuma is laughing through it didn't help. But that's how this game is. :illya:

Btw, are you playing with the japanese or the english voices? If japanese, the "omaaaaaaaeraaaaaaaaaaa, ohayou gozaimasu!" already is your rl alarm? :wahaha:

Good totally not safe trip, man! Hope to keep discussing it with you and may your favorite characters survive in the end, hopefully mine survived!

I'd say definitely the dance battle in DR V3 is the worst, of all three.

As for the game itself, i think you're playing on easy difficulty, also first case, i rate it 11037/10

Oh, also true, that visual novel has my favourite female char, easy to guess which one btw/ 

2 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

As for the game itself, i think you're playing on easy difficulty, also first case, i rate it 11037/10

Oh, also true, that visual novel has my favourite female char, easy to guess which one btw/ 

Damn, it got WORSE????

And yeah, Akshay, put it in the highest difficult, there's no other way to play!

6 hours ago, MaggieROBOT said:

may your favorite characters survive in the end

Jap voice ofc. My god. The bear should NOT sound like that. How can something so evil sound like that? It's just wrong.

At first the option says, would you like to play in Jap/Eng, which I actually thought referred to in game language, rather than voices, so I actually restarted the game to get the jap voices. And the controls are so counterintuitive and unmoddable. It would be much, much nicer if I could talk with spacebar or enter rather than the clickfest I have to do. 

And the character I was getting into died already. RIP :notlikemiya:

Edited by Akshay

5 hours ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

The normal difficulty I guess? The default middle one. But all the difficulty increases, are the annoyingness of the minigames, which I don't care about too much.

Edited by Akshay

7 hours ago, Akshay said:

And the controls are so counterintuitive and unmoddable.

I played the PSP version so I didn't have a problem... until I reached the second game. GOD, I SO AGREE WITH YOU, AT LEAST LET ME CHANGE THEM!!! I just wanted to advance text with enter, space, anything other than clicking...

5 hours ago, akaritan said:

but who is best girl

Reveal hidden contents

and why is it touko

ch... 3-4 spoils?

Reveal hidden contents

+touko's "friend"

OH YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAH!!!!!!!