Need help with an error when trying to launch the game!

Mayoori

Hi all, and thanks for stopping by.

As the title suggests, I keep getting an error every time I try to launch the game after throwing in a newly packed patch.xp3 with an edited script. All the error says is that the game is unable to launch due to this error: 不正な文字 (Unable to read a certain character). 

Here's what it looks like:

azc9EVE.png

And when I go back into the script to fix any instances of " or ' or even a comma, it just gives me another error that says a file may be corrupt and the game is unable to open. Below are the details for what I'm trying to work on.

Game: Kotonoha Amrilato (ことのはアムリラート)
Engine: Kirikiri
Script file type: .ks
Extractor / Repacker: CrageGUI (extraction) / xp3tools (repacking).
What I've been doing: I extracted the patch.xp3 file in the game's folder (a patch that was uploaded by the developers) and began editing the third script file there using Notepad++ to test it out. I highlighted and wrote over the Japanese text with English text so as to not ruin the indented alignments. However, since my English text is longer than the Japanese text, it does stretch the lines out a lot, which I have not tried editing. I'm not sure if that is affecting how the game reads the script or not (since I'm code-illiterate). There are [e] marks at the end of many lines, but I'm not sure if inserting extra [e]s solves anything. I've also been using " quotation marks and ' apostrophes, but I'm unsure if that's been affecting anything as well.

I threw in some test lines in the script to see if it would work at all, so I've only messed around with a few lines. After putting in the test lines, I repacked the whole patch folder that I extracted (so yes, that means everything I extracted was repacked) into a patch.xp3 file and copied it over into the game's folder to try launching it. Upon opening it, the error above was what I was met with. 

I apologize for the big wall of text, but would anyone be able to help me out with this one? Being illiterate with absolutely anything that has to do with programming, I'm at a loss! 

Please, and thank you. 

Edited by Mayoori

hm... old kirikiri is a bit tricky...
new kirikiri and old kirikiri has the same problem, they dont support word-wrapping, but new kirikiri support space while old kirikiri is not,
and i assume, the problem is because of the spacing issue...
if you use xp3tools from insani.org, i believe there should be 3 tjs files which you need to include in your patch...

edit:
i'm blind, looks like this is a new game, eh...
then, i believe there is no spacing issue here, how about use garbro to repack the xp3?

Edited by Huang Ling Yin