Toaru Majutsu no Index/ Kagaku no Railgun

Kaguya

26 members have voted

1. 1. which do you think it's the strongest character on Index?

• Aleister Crowley
    • Kamijou Touma
    • Accelerator
    • Aiwass
    • Fiamma of the Right
    • Ollerus
    • Aureolus Izzard
    • Other (who?)
  2. 2. Which is the coolest level 5 besides Accelerator?

• Misaka Mikoto (Railgun)
    • Kakine Teitoku (Dark Matter)
    • Shizuri Mugino (Meltdowner)
    • Misaki Shoukuhou (Mental Out)
    • Gunha Sogiita (Attack Crash)
  3. 3. Your Favorite Level 0?

• Kamijou Touma
    • Meigo Arisa
    • Tsuchimikado Motoharu
    • Hamazura Shiage
    • Saten Ruiko
    • Fremea Seivelun
    • Komaba Ritoku
    • Hattori Hanzou
    • Kurozuma Wataru
    • Akemi
    • Trick
    • Hebitani Tsuguo
    • Kukumoto Hibiki
    • Koujun Kikuhiko
    • Hikoichi
    • Mako
    • Muu
    • Omoshi
    • Tamezou
    • Yokosuka

This poll is closed to new votes

yeah you're right, Mikoto's level of cuteness is even scary, it can't be considered cute anymore.

regarding your last post, Touma is not a level 5 because of his lack of esper powers, but Sogiita has esper powers, at least that's how i see it

My point is that they're similar because no one knows how the hell they use their powers, even if the powers work.

Gunha always seems to be giving completely impossible explanations for the nature of his abilities.

For example, his explanation for what he does when he executes Attack Crash is that he creates an unstable field of psychokinesis in front of him and destroys it by providing a stimulus from his fist, thus causing an explosive aftereffect for some distance, something which Haratani Yabumi -- a student in the Power Development Curriculum's psychokinetics -- says is impossible. Also, he explains his Aurora Guard as him lifting the Earth's electromagnetic field and using it to defend against electricity-based attacks, another impossible phenomenon. Combined with his pseudo-teleport on his small fight against Kuroko and other stuff, his powers are quite nonsensical.

To the scientists, Touma and Sogiita should be same, since they deny the existence of magic, angels and whatever. In Touma's case, there was probably a request to put him as a level 0 or something like that by the higher ups, that's how I see it.

My point is that they're similar because no one knows how the hell they use their powers, even if the powers work. To the scientists, Touma and Sogiita should be same, since they deny the existence of magic, angels and whatever. In Touma's case, there was probably a request to put him as a level 0 or something like that by the higher ups, that's how I see it.

that's a good way to put it, but what if Touma's esper power was regeneration and it's being pulled back by the imagine breaker?

and also, is Accelerator an esper with multiple ability? and if his wings are from unknown nature, is he on the same boat as Sogiita and Touma?

and why is Touma the only one getting attention T.T

that's a good way to put it, but what if Touma's esper power was regeneration and it's being pulled back by the imagine breaker?

and also, is Accelerator an esper with multiple ability? and if his wings are from unknown nature, is he on the same boat as Sogiita and Touma?

and why is Touma the only one getting attention T.T

Well, the scientists wouldn't know about that. In their point of view, Touma's power is his Imagine Breaker. Since he can null whatever power he touches with his right hand. Since his power would seem to be basically omniscient in what it does (touching any esper ability or what is using that ability directly would cause such ability to not work) they'd have to rate him as level 5.

Touma's high appearance and problem solving ratio compared to the others is probably due to a mastermind being more interested in him than in the rest of the cast, I guess.

accelerator's esper abilities are all part of the same ability. not unlike how misaka can do a lot of different things with her one electromaster power (making herself a magnet, making other things a magnet, super hacking, that electromagnetic radar thing, making herself invisible to electronics, seeing electric currents invisible to the normal eye, that awesome beam saber thing with iron sand, and of course her railgun, as examples), accelerator can do different things with his vector shift power.

Since you all seem to be Misaka fans, here's a gift.

Also, something to myself so that I can see whenever I enter this thread.

tumblr_mrqu1tAg8p1suxajso1_500.gif

Frenda gotta be the best Index side character.

And we all know that the series name should be "Toaru no Unknown Imagine Breaker" instead.

As you guys have probably noticed, I added yet another question to the pool.

So, which is your favorite level 0?

My vote gotta go to Fremea, since there's no more Frenda.

Also, what if Misaki and Touma were close friends before the first events of Index happened, and the first thing he thought of to take care of Index "memory problem" was to take her to Misaki and ask for her to erase the unnecessary memories from her mind?

My guess is that Misaki would take severe damage because of the grimoires, but you never know.

I don't see why a level 4 would change your choice of favorite level 0 :/

that's like saying you like chocolate ice cream, but wouldn't like it anymore if Paris Hilton were still alive.

Nah. It's more like saying that's I want to have chocolate. But, there's no chocolate, so I gotta do with chocolate ice cream.

However, if I could have chocolate instead, when the time came to pick my ice cream, I'd go with another flavor, since I'd already have my chocolate and thus wouldn't need to try to replace it with something else.

Basically, Fremea raised in my Index favorite characters list after Frenda died because she's the closest one to Frenda in appearance. Usually she'd be low enough so that some level 0 would surpass her, but since she's my replacement for Frenda she raised on the list and it just so happened that no level 0 is higher than her.

To the scientists, Touma and Sogiita should be same, since they deny the existence of magic, angels and whatever. In Touma's case, there was probably a request to put him as a level 0 or something like that by the higher ups, that's how I see it.

Academy city scientists use AIM diffusion field as standard(or something along the line of this, can't remember exactly) to rank an individual power.

So Sogiita is ranked as level-5 because his power is measurable by their method while Touma's power cannot be measured. I think that is the reason.

• 2 weeks later...

misaki is the psycho girl right?

the ranking is based on raw power, Misaki could even be at the end if the scientist knew how on earth Sugiita does his amazing punch

Hm. If the ranking is based on raw power, shouldn't Mugino be the third? since according to the scientists if she used her power to its fullest and didn't mind killing herself she could "produce a beam that woud instantly kill the railgun".

Her survival instincts prevent her from doing so, but if raw power is the only thing used to measure she should have a higher place in the list.

Hm. If the ranking is based on raw power, shouldn't Mugino be the third? since according to the scientists if she used her power to its fullest and didn't mind killing herself she could "produce a beam that woud instantly kill the railgun".

Her survival instincts prevent her from doing so, but if raw power is the only thing used to measure she should have a higher place in the list.

but misaka has a lot of raw power without risking her life in the attack, but come to think of it, they rank them based on raw power, calculation ability and perhaps potential for being a level 6.

by the way have you read the first parts of New Testament vol. 8?

pretty sure misaka beats mugino not just for raw power, but also utility. her ability seems to have a lot more function than mugino's, where mugino's is mostly just "I break things."

since misaka can cancel out mugino's power and mugino would have to kill herself to beat misaka, I would say misaka is more powerful.

pretty sure misaka beats mugino not just for raw power, but also utility. her ability seems to have a lot more function than mugino's, where mugino's is mostly just "I break things."

since misaka can cancel out mugino's power and mugino would have to kill herself to beat misaka, I would say misaka is more powerful.

I agree with you, Eldin. It's just that if we're only talking about raw power, Mugino should be higher.

Also, anyone has any doubts about which is the most badass group on academy city?

Index_v15_340-341.jpg

as much as we (meaning anyone important) want touma to end up with misaka, we (meaning everyone) know that he's going to end up with index instead.

not really, he's relantionship with Mikoto is way better, and Mikoto is more popular than index, and more importantly the author aparently loves Mikoto. I'd say mikoto has more possibilities

i don't believe anyone does, GROUP is fairly amazing, it's so full of misteries~ and acceleratorness

I love how all of the men there have a younger girl to protect. It's fairly amusing.

They should join togheter again. They are so amazing, after all.