MangaGamer's 2018 Licensing Survey is up!

NowItsAngeTime

I picked MA☆KO HUNTER, since they are already working with Clock Up.

I also picked Sakura no Mori † Dreamers as a title from Moonstone, seems interesting and a lot of people want it.

Then I went with Floral Flowlove by Saga Planets. Not sure how likely it is that MG will manage to get a deal with Saga Planets, but would be really nice if they did.

Asked for:

1) Evolimit

2) Kajiri Kamui Kagura or Silverio Vendetta (yeah, kinda cheated with this, but I'd like some more light games)

3) Youkoso! Sukebe Elf no Mori e (took a look and it sounds like a neat nukige)

Was considering asking for RuiTomo again, but considering its owned by Akabesoft who want to localize stuff through kickstarter...

So another survey here I see, and I decided to to some suggestion as well. Let's see my survey would be:

1. Inochi no Spare - Quite well known utsuge with some dramatic fictional disease, and pretty scary at that even though the disease might came as Diabolous Ex Machina for some people.

2. Senshinkan - Very big size VN (At 11 GB) that was wrote by Dies Irae writer. Since Mangagamer did have both of Garejei and Conjueror, I thought this might be a good VN for Mangagamer to choose for. Although I have personal reason though, namely that one of the seiyuu was also voiced a Pretty Cure (Yamamura Hibiku) so I thought it should be good if we hear her performance in VN.

3. Aoi Tori - Well Clephas like it, the score was generally good, and it's from Purple Software so I think it could be good if Mangagamer considering this as well. It have vampire and same setting as Amatsutsumi, if you need more info.

I think that's all that I could say in regard of my picks for now. By the way, if one of those three was turned out to be licensed by Mangagamer, I didn't paid by them for filling the survey lol.

Edited by littleshogun

• 2 months later...

MG just published the results of their licensing survey.

Voices, language, Steam, otome, yuri, Sorcery Jokers, lucky, and sakura were all either italicized or bolded.

"lucky" is thought to mean Luckydog1, and Sakura could possibly mean Sakura no Mori † Dreamers, but the others are pretty vague, so good luck figuring the rest of them out.  Sorcery Jokers was probably just italicized because they were using the name of the title, but who knows.

Voice as in song and there is also sakura, totally Sakura no Uta.

Steam is ofcourse a reference to how well Nekopara has done on steam meaning that Mangagamer finally managed to take the Nekopara license away from Sekai Project.

Yuri means more A Kiss For The Petals 100% confirmed

Lucky for Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky!? which they managed to take out of Sekai Projects hands.

Btw pretty sure this should be clear to anyone reading the comment but it is a joke.

Edited by bakauchuujin

Just now, bakauchuujin said:

Voice as in song and there is also sakura, totally Sakura no Uta.

Steam is ofcourse a reference to how well Nekopara has done on steam meaning that Mangagamer finally managed to take the Nekopara license away from Sekai Project.

Yuri means more A Kiss For The Petals 100% confirmed

Lucky for Tenshin Ranman Lucky or Unlucky!? which they managed to take out of Sekai Projects hands.

Btw pretty sure this should be clear to anyone reading the comment but it is a joke.

All of those hints are subtle clues to how Mangagamer has officially taken over all localization companies in the Holy Grail War.

Well I'm gave up to analyze the localization chance from the top 10 results, because more or less it's pretty much just what people want.Though that said I'm surprised though that nukige elf VN managed to get to 10 VNs that want to be requested, although granted that the average score was pretty good.

I didn't have enough time to analyse the several hints here for now, but at least I can say that like some Redditor I agree that Yurirei Full Chorus could be the title that Mangagamer tried to get the license.

Edited by littleshogun

30 minutes ago, littleshogun said:

I didn't have enough time to analyse the several hints here, but at least I can say that like some Redditor I agree that Yurirei Full Chorus could be the title that Mangagamer tried to get the license.

Bought the original before I found out about the updated version and it will probably take me some time before I begin on it since I have a large backlog. If they plan on releasing Full Chorus it will probably be out before I play the original, meaning buying the original was pretty much redundant, gues that is just how it turns out sometimes though, atleast getting the Full Chorus would be good since I am a completionist.

Edited by bakauchuujin

1 hour ago, littleshogun said:

I didn't have enough time to analyse the several hints here, but at least I can say that like some Redditor I agree that Yurirei Full Chorus could be the title that Mangagamer tried to get the license.

Are there any differences between Full Chorus and the old version beside voice acting? They could always release it as a free update for those already having the game, I don't think they would get many sales from those people anyways...

On 3/28/2018 at 2:11 PM, Plk_Lesiak said:

They could always release it as a free update for those already having the game, I don't think they would get many sales from those people anyways...

Uh, we already know that voice acting is really expensive.  So expensive that in MangaGamer's early days they had to remove it from two games because they couldn't afford it.  So no, they can't.  They have to pay for this new voice acting, so they means they have to charge for it.

7 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

Uh, we already know that voice acting is really expensive.  So expensive that in MangaGamer's early days they had to remove it from two games because they couldn't afford it.  So no, they can't.  They have to pay for this new voice acting, so they means they have to charge for it.

Well, at least they announced it being available as paid DLC - pretty close to what I hoped for (that is, there will be no need to buy the whole game again). :)

Edited by Plk_Lesiak