Jump to content
SajkoWolfe

From these, what would you play next?

Recommended Posts

I'd take on Narcissu if you fancy getting ready to feel. It is very good, but yeah, it's pretty heavy stuff.

I'll always rec Grisaia too, if it's available :sachi: Great if you fancy a long read!

Edited by AaronIsCrunchy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AaronIsCrunchy said:

I'd take on Narcissu if you fancy getting ready to feel. It is very good.

I'll always rec Grisaia too, if it's available :sachi:

Yeah Grisaia is there. I think im actually a couple of hours into it, although I dont remember what happened xd

This is what happens when you drop a hobby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I second the Narcissu suggestion, it's quite short (and kinetic) but seriously packs a punch.

Otherwise Amnesia: Memories I found to be a nice otome with an interesting enough plot and lovely bishies.

Thirdly, you could try fault: milestone one. It's short and kinetic like Narcissu, but is fantasy with fascinating world building and concepts. However don't expect full professional quality from it, and don't expect much plot progression in a linear direction! It spends a lot of its time fleshing out a new character and explaining her backstory.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But a lot of them are good...

Anyway play Sound of Drop since it is a short mystery VN so it won't take much of your time, undertale is also pretty good if you go blind, Sakura Fantasy is one of the two not-horrible winged cloud games, it is also quiet short, Amnesia and Analogue are also a plus.  Grisaia is long, so play the ones that are not that long first.

Edited by SeniorBlitz

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, SeniorBlitz said:

But a lot of them are good...

Anyway play Sound of Drop since it is a short mystery VN so it won't take much of your time, undertale is also pretty good if you go blind, Sakura Fantasy is one of the two not-horrible winged cloud games, it is also quiet short, Amnesia and Analogue are also a plus.  Grisaia is long, so play the ones that are not that long first.

I personally hate Undertale for personal reasons and I was too ashamed to mention forgot to say I played all the Sakuras. My friend made me do them drunk

Edited by SajkoWolfe

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, SajkoWolfe said:

I personally hate Undertale for personal reasons and I was too ashamed to mention forgot to say I played all the Sakuras. My friend made me do them drunk

Well, if you dislike Undertale for whatever reason, you can still try the other ones, I just recommend leaving the very long ones for when you have less things on your backlog, so you can have a more comfortable journey.

Also no shame in playing all the Sakura Games, they're shit and I also played them as an excuse to make more walkthroughs for some shovelware fun.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Also no shame in playing all the Sakura Games, they're shit and I also played them as an excuse to make more walkthroughs for some shovelware fun.

There is some kind of enjoyment in playing/watching something that is just poorly written. For instance I watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni and found it to be quite enjoyable. In my head there was a battle between the main character, author and animators in who could put in the least amount of effort (they fought really hard). The sakura games has the same thing going in, it is just kind of fun to see how predictible and poorly written they are. Ofc they are only worth it at a large discount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, bakauchuujin said:

There is some kind of enjoyment in playing/watching something that is just poorly written. For instance I watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni and found it to be quite enjoyable. In my head there was a battle between the main character, author and animators in who could put in the least amount of effort (they fought really hard). The sakura games has the same thing going in, it is just kind of fun to see how predictible and poorly written they are. Ofc they are only worth it at a large discount.

Agreed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, bakauchuujin said:

There is some kind of enjoyment in playing/watching something that is just poorly written. For instance I watched Isekai wa Smartphone to Tomo ni and found it to be quite enjoyable. In my head there was a battle between the main character, author and animators in who could put in the least amount of effort (they fought really hard). The sakura games has the same thing going in, it is just kind of fun to see how predictible and poorly written they are. Ofc they are only worth it at a large discount.

yeah my friend got them all for me at steam sales. That being said it still ended up being like 15£ which is 15£ more than they are worth

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ranzo said:

I mean if you played through Tomoyo's route in Clannad maybe you should play Tomoyo After

Other than that G senjou because it's one of the best vns ever

I never managed to get her good ending even though shes my favourite character because I am a failure :(

That being said some of clannad's routes are so arbitrary (like the dorm mothers SAY THESE THREE THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER) and I didnt want to use a walkthrough 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, SajkoWolfe said:

I never managed to get her good ending even though shes my favourite character because I am a failure :(

That being said some of clannad's routes are so arbitrary (like the dorm mothers SAY THESE THREE THINGS IN THE RIGHT ORDER) and I didnt want to use a walkthrough 

A walkthrough is a must for Clannad but yeah you need to go back in there and get her good ending(It's the best route and best ending in the whole game)

Yeah it's incredibly arbitrary at times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Ranzo said:

A walkthrough is a must for Clannad but yeah you need to go back in there and get her good ending(It's the best route and best ending in the whole game)

Yeah it's incredibly arbitrary at times

My favourite route was probably Kyou just because you had to... 

Spoiler

Murder Ryou be mean to Ryou for it and it was feels galore. I felt it was really well done.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, SajkoWolfe said:

My favourite route was probably Kyou just because you had to... 

  Hide contents

Murder Ryou be mean to Ryou for it and it was feels galore. I felt it was really well done.

 

Oh I really loved her route as well Kyou is just the best

Spoiler

I hated Ryou for trying to get between me and Kyou it's like get back in the corner where you belong!!:saber:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×