I finished Clannad! Praise me! Plaudite!

Okarin

9 minutes ago, Okarin said:

Plz, it's "Mr.". Or at least it was last time I went to the bathroom.

The whole ordeal has been around 13 months (not continued play), 65 hours and 14 characters (light orbs).

Between all my breaks it took me nearly 2 years to finish it. Started in late 2012 and ended in mid 2014.

1 hour ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Congrats, man! Have a diploma for your achievement

okarin_by_szafalesiaka-dc07edy.jpg

Brah I need one of those

I think I finished it in about one or two months I don't quite remember

But yeah Jesus that was a tough Vn to finish

I think by the end of it I was like I don't care anymore I don't care anymore, just be fucking over!!!

2 hours ago, Okarin said:

From this day on, I'm in the select group of people who have seen Clannad's true ending.

But I disagree, Daru: it doesn't actually teach you the meaning of life.

I disagree with you disagreeing with Daru, it does teach you the memeing of life. 

Also, welcome to the group of people who spent an entire month playing a VN that isn't that much worth unless you play the after story. 

It's taken me such a long time to get through Clannad. Just gotta complete Nagisa's route, and then I'll finally unlock After Story.

Clannad's slow pacing does make it hard to get through. I stopped briefly to play Grisaia no Rakuen, and have stopped again to play Dal Segno. But those endings in Clannad are so powerful.

I have every intention of eventually finishing it.

12 minutes ago, r0xm2n said:

It's taken me such a long time to get through Clannad. Just gotta complete Nagisa's route, and then I'll finally unlock After Story.

Clannad's slow pacing does make it hard to get through. I stopped briefly to play Grisaia no Rakuen, and have stopped again to play Dal Segno. But those endings in Clannad are so powerful.

I have every intention of eventually finishing it.

I have faith in you disciple, may you keep striving towards victory

Remember the eye of the tiger and keep stayin' alive!

I only really cried when

Tomoya goes to his family's land, discovers that he's doing the same as his father, and then decides to become a decent father.

That was emotional, alright. A good part of the guilt goes to that a capella song with English lyrics.

I've got Side Stories and Tomoyo After too, I need the whole pack.

1 hour ago, Okarin said:

I only really cried when

Reveal hidden contents

Tomoya goes to his family's land, discovers that he's doing the same as his father, and then decides to become a decent father.

That was emotional, alright. A good part of the guilt goes to that a capella song with English lyrics.

I've got Side Stories and Tomoyo After too, I need the whole pack.

One does not simply play Clannad and not cry. :yumiko:

I don't know if it does or does not teach you the meaning of life. Perhaps that is a bit of an overstatement, but I do feel like it's one of those stories that can changes you as a person. Well, at least in my case, Clannad had a profound impact in me.