Do you think Daitoshokan no Hitsujikai will be done by this year?

Okarin

Well they did say that it wouldn't be possible though if we expect within a year release back at 2016, so maybe it could be possible that we could have this at this year. Although the chance of that was very slim though, or maybe none because there's no update from them since back at 2016 just like Nandemonai said.

Edited by littleshogun

Who knows? Maybe it will be released today, or five years later. If guy behind that alive, than I am sure he will release it someday because this vn is huge and you can't throw away your work like this.

But... is it really so hard to make updates even if you busy? At least with 6 months interval...

Edited by ShinRaikdou

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

I can't agree with that. Things happen. And some people loose interest.

What should happen to loose interest after 100% tl and edit, and betray people who waiting it, or not translating because there already almost "full" tl? Delete all your work by "mistake" (:leecher:...) ?

If you alive (or not in prison...), you can always upload as it is. Or at least write few lines about status.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

5 minutes ago, ShinRaikdou said:

What should happen to loose interest after 100% tl and edit, and betray people who waiting it, or not translating because there already almost "full" tl? Delete all your work my "mistake" (:leecher:...) ?

For example, they realize that their final work is shit and needs to be redone from the beginning. Or, maybe, an important person for the project management suddenly disappears due to rl, and it all falls apart.

11 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

Delete all your work by "mistake" (:leecher:...) ?

Yeah, and then they gonna attempted to recover from the incident only to be failed, and snapped to the fans by deleting the home page as well. I still remember that incident well.

That aside, I agree that there's maybe many thing happened behind the screen like the translator lose the passion and therefore quit. Or maybe there's something else. No much I could say in regard of this, for now at least.

Edited by littleshogun

5 hours ago, Silvz said:

Nobody is really forced to do anything because of people's expectations.

Of course. But you have some obligation or responsibility when you announce tl project . If you loose interest then just honestly tell about it so people can move forward and start to translate this vn as another team. Because of this "nuh, screw it" he literally killing any chances of translation and that is not normal.

When some guy delete tl by "mistake" at least he told about it...

11 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

For example, they realize that their final work is shit and needs to be redone from the beginning. Or, maybe, an important person for the project management suddenly disappears due to rl, and it all falls apart.

Partial patch was okay. And it is not like they are known to be shy about tl quality.

Disappearing is main problem here, but it not like you can disappear from internet for two year unless you dead or something major happens (unlikely). Besides another members can tell something about status, no?

As I see it, he indeed loose his interest, because of lack of updates he is was not so interest in tl to begin with...

All I telling is that ignoring is not an option, whatever the case - you should inform about it. He is not forced to finish tl, but tell about status is necessary.

Edited by ShinRaikdou

22 hours ago, ShinRaikdou said:

It['s] not like you can disappear from internet for two year unless you dead or something major happens (unlikely).

All I telling is that ignoring is not an option, whatever the case - you should inform about it. He is not forced to finish tl, but tell about status is necessary.

Sure you can.  Disappearing from the Internet is easy, if you set yourself up right.  You set up an email account that you only use for that purpose, and you use that to register accounts for (say) creating your website.  Then you pick some alias that you've never used before.

Then disappearing is easy.  Just walk away from all that stuff.  Poof, you're gone.

Also, you're right: he doesn't have to finish the translation.  But you're wrong that he has to tell anyone what the status is.  He can do whatever he wants.  He doesn't owe you, or anyone, anything.

12 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

But you're wrong that he has to tell anyone what the status is. 

Of course he has to tell when he's dropping a finished translation or he shouldn't have made it public to begin with. The only time when you have no responsibilities in a society is when you have no influence over other people and community. Though if you want to argue an exact word then maybe "owing" is not really the right one, it's more a question of a basic human decency. Do you "owe" anyone to not be an ashhole? No, not really. Is it still important to not be one in a society? Absolutely.

Edited by novurdim

Exactly the answer I expected. No, I'm absolutely not entitled, he made himself responsible before the community as a whole and not me personally, even your "free" actions have their price and your good intentions can bring harm when your moral compass doesn't really work. Noone else will try to translate it when you do, many people become depressed from time to time because of the lack of closure etc etc. Negative connotations are obvious and when you can alleviate them by literally spending ten minutes of your precious time then you're obviously in the wrong. The fact that he's such a nice guy who maybe decided to work on the game for free only means that noone can demand any kind of result from him, not that he's free from any moral obligation of going public.

Edited by novurdim

Like any other person, He has things to do, and things to go, maybe more importantly than testing-releasing the patch, it's not a simple task to achieve, it requires a lot of time and effort to be completed even at a bad state.

Remember that this is a voluntary work, that He did(Or maybe does) in his free time, so, we have to wait patiently until a new update or a final release of the patch.

Apart of this, we can assume 3 possible scenarios:

1. Nearly null free time to spend to complete the translation of the game.

2. He's ill or something similar (I hope He is doing well).

3. He just lost all motivation to continue this project or make the patch for the game, even if it's already translated fully with some errors.

I think those are the most possible scenarios to think of.

Again, we don't know about the other people's life, some people live in a wooden house, some people nearly has the chance to access the internet, some people don't have a family to rely on, some people live to the limits...in such odd conditions, that's why we are wrong judging a person to not release something if we don't know how the other person is doing, or which situation is facing right now.

So, what we have to do now, is wait, for something to be announced by the Librarian Shepherd, that's all.

6 hours ago, Lonely-Wolf said:

Like any other person, He has things to do, and things to go, maybe more importantly than testing-releasing the patch, it's not a simple task to achieve, it requires a lot of time and effort to be completed even at a bad state.

Remember that this is a voluntary work, that He did(Or maybe does) in his free time, so, we have to wait patiently until a new update or a final release of the patch.

Obvious things are obvious, yes. Noone is judging anyone though, literally the only thing that was said is: if he, for some reason, decides to drop his work or put it on an indefinite hold, then he should communicate it to the people who all wish him well and don't really demand anything besides clarity.

Edited by novurdim

9 hours ago, novurdim said:

Obvious things are obvious, yes. Noone is judging anyone though, literally the only thing that was said is: if he, for some reason, decides to drop his work or put it on an indefinite hold, then he should communicate it to the people who all wish him well and don't really demand anything besides clarity.

Yeah, you're right about that, the fact that He didn't announce anything about the progress of the translation really bothers in some way.

Once He said "In truth, I actually restarted this project around last September, when I finally managed to wrest some free time back, albeit at a noticably slower pace than before. I didn’t announce it as I wasn’t sure if I could commit to finishing it… but after several months of (more or less) consistent progress, I’m confident of doing so now.

Though for the record, I won’t be posting weekly updates as I used to. I’ll likely limit it to milestone posts until the eventual (and I do mean eventual) release of the full translation patch."

Then, He posted the Milestone Update "There are still a load of images, some engine tweaking, and a long QC phase to go through, so don’t expect a release anytime soon - at the very least, not likely by this year." - Oct 31st, 2016

Ever since, He hasn't posted anything about it, let's hope He is still working in the project, if He didn't post anything maybe is because He will come back with the final release of the patch.

• 4 months later...

Considering that apparently he have a serious job looking from his Facebook page, I think it was pretty much impossible if we expect him to have some time to do the translation work. Let's just hope that Daitoshokan here will be released, either as official release or fan translated release.

Edited by littleshogun

11 minutes ago, killerboss2000 said:

would be helpfull if others textet him to so he notice it 

Yeah, of course getting a hundred messages from random Facebook accounts will make him taking all of them seriously. :makina: One message is enough.

Also, isn't this, basically, privacy violation? I doubt this guy is okay with the link to his facebook page appearing on some random forum of questionable nature.