Question about rance 9 screenshot on vndb

DharmaFreedom

Okay so I was checking out the rance games after sengoku when i came across a screenshot on the vndb page of helman https://vndb.org/v13802 , [don't open the spoiler if you haven't read sengoku]

Spoiler

its a picture of 2 guys raping kaname and she has a collar around her neck. Does she get captured and raped in 9? 

she's like one of his prophesy girls so i'm curious if its just an avoidable bad end [like the one with kenshin and ai], or part of the main storyline. Sucked when it happened to kouhime previously :(.

So yeah, I don't mind spoilers regarding that particular scene. Please.

Spoiler

There's bad ends in Rance 9 that trigger if certain characters are knocked out in certain parts of the game.  The CG you're talking about is Kanami's bad end.  IIRC, Rance gets killed, and Kanami gets raped and murdered.  Haven't read it myself, obviously, since I don't know Japanese nearly well enough to read anything, but I've seen it mentioned a few times on Rance-related sites.

@Zenophilious Thanks for the clarification! 

Noticed that you're re-reading fate/stay night so i figured i'll ask you some questions about certain events in the game! :sachi:

Spoiler

How much sexual abuse/rape is in the storyline? Fsn is really famous since both the anime and vn are hits, so of course the game has been spoiled for me so many times that I know key events and even saber's endings.

I read that that the girl with thepurple hair gets raped throughout her life by her step brother and others?, i think she also gets tortured in other ways by him and her grandfather? Do they go into lengthy details about her suffering? :michiru: does she ultimately have a happy end where she finally get some peace of mind and hope? 

My only experience with nasuverse is the kara no kyoukai series [ in my list of favourites, really enjoyed it, story and characters with depth,  ryougi shiki's great]. 

Thanks!

Edited by DharmaFreedom

7 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:

Noticed that you're re-reading fate/stay night so i figured i'll ask you some questions about certain events in the game! :sachi:

Hide contents

How much sexual abuse/rape is in the storyline? Fsn is really famous since both the anime and vn are hits, so of course the game has been spoiled for me so many times that I know key events and even saber's endings.

I read that that the girl with thepurple hair gets raped throughout her life by her step brother and others?, i think she also gets tortured in other ways by him and her grandfather? Do they go into lengthy details about her suffering? :michiru: does she ultimately have a happy end where she finally get some peace of mind and hope? 

My only experience with nasuverse is the kara no kyoukai series [ in my list of favourites, really enjoyed it, story and characters with depth,  ryougi shiki's great]. 

Heavy spoilers for Heaven's Feel

Spoiler

Sakura's route has quite a bit.  She's repeatedly raped and physically and verbally abused by Shinji for years.  The scene where she snaps and kills Shinji goes into pretty good detail about her history of abuse at his hands.  Matou Zouken, her adoptive grandfather, sexually, verbally, and physically abuses her as well; he doesn't rape her himself, but forces her to be violated by worms in order to be a "proper" Matou magus and prepare her to become the Holy Grail (IIRC, not in Heaven's Feel yet in my reread).  The worms cause her to crave sex to the point where she'll ask pretty much any guy to have sex with her to ease the mana craving.  It's noted that she's not a virgin and she's had sex with other, unnamed men before.  Not exactly rape, but you can't really consider that consensual, either, and it would definitely be traumatic.

There's several endings to her route.  The true ending is the only "happy" ending for her.  Every other ending is either labeled as a bad end, or is a pretty bug bummer.

Shinji also tries to rape Rin in Unlimited Blade Works.

23 minutes ago, DharmaFreedom said:
  Hide contents

Oh dear thats freaking sad, i mean if reading your summary bummed me out i'm pretty sure the route would depress me.

Thanks for the summary though!

Spoiler

Absolutely. Heaven's Feel was the worst torture I've put myself through. It was an experience, but I'll never be sure if it was worthwhile.
Took me months of reading in short bursts to read.

2 hours ago, Zenophilious said:

Heavy spoilers for Heaven's Feel

Hide contents

Sakura's route has quite a bit.  She's repeatedly raped and physically and verbally abused by Shinji for years.  The scene where she snaps and kills Shinji goes into pretty good detail about her history of abuse at his hands.  Matou Zouken, her adoptive grandfather, sexually, verbally, and physically abuses her as well; he doesn't rape her himself, but forces her to be violated by worms in order to be a "proper" Matou magus and prepare her to become the Holy Grail (IIRC, not in Heaven's Feel yet in my reread).  The worms cause her to crave sex to the point where she'll ask pretty much any guy to have sex with her to ease the mana craving.  It's noted that she's not a virgin and she's had sex with other, unnamed men before.  Not exactly rape, but you can't really consider that consensual, either, and it would definitely be traumatic.

There's several endings to her route.  The true ending is the only "happy" ending for her.  Every other ending is either labeled as a bad end, or is a pretty bug bummer.

Shinji also tries to rape Rin in Unlimited Blade Works.

:michiru: 

...jesus christ.

4 hours ago, DharmaFreedom said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oh dear thats freaking sad, i mean if reading your summary bummed me out i'm pretty sure the route would depress me.

Thanks for the summary though!

If you're going to read F/sn,  I'd highly recommend that you don't skip Heaven's Feel.  It's pretty widely considered to be the best route, and it has some really good fight scenes that are still on the top of my favorite fight scene list.  It may be hard to get through, but man, it's a pretty good ride.

3 hours ago, mitchhamilton said:

:michiru: 

...jesus christ.

I can't wait for all the UBW fans to watch the Heaven's Feel movies and die inside  :sachi:

35 minutes ago, Zenophilious said:

I can't wait for all the UBW fans to watch the Heaven's Feel movies and die inside  :sachi:

God, the transition between an idealistic Shounen [UBW] to a hell ride of revelations and sadness [HF] must be quiet the transition for the anime fans...

15 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

God, the transition between an idealistic Shounen [UBW] to a hell ride of revelations and sadness [HF] must be quiet the transition for the anime fans...

Well, Fate/Zero already spoiled many of these revelations, sadly.

Edited by Dreamysyu
most -> many, since there're still enough of them

23 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, Fate/Zero already spoiled many of these revelations, sadly.

Yeah, I still don't understand why some recommend to watch F/Z first, it just spoils the fun and some revelations of the anime\light novel are way better if you played the original first...

18 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Yeah, I still don't understand why some recommend to watch F/Z first, it just spoils the fun and some revelations of the anime\light novel are way better if you played the original first...

Well, some people say that FSN spoils FZ ending, though I completely disagree with them, and would argue that the ending was meant to be known from the beginning, and it actually makes it better, in some sense.

On the other hand... If you go through Fate without reading the original VN, there is no correct watching order, because none of them actually give a full experience of some plot points. Basically, I don't see any sense in watching the original FSN anime. I tried at some point, but it was pretty bad and I basically dropped it at the second episode. Also, people say it spoils some important aspects of both UBW and HF. On the other hand, the later anime (at least, the canon ones) were made in a way that they assume that you've already watched everything that was made before that point. UBW anime has tons of references to FZ that don't exist in the VN, and to a person who doesn't know FZ yet they would make zero sense (though they aren't very good anyway).

Edited by Dreamysyu

8 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Well, some people say that FSN spoils FZ ending, though I completely disagree with them, and would argue that the ending was meant to be known from the beginning, and it actually makes it better, in some sense.

On the other hand... If you go through Fate without reading the original VN, there is no correct watching order, because none of them actually give a full experience of some plot points. Basically, I don't see any sense in watching the original FSN anime. I tried at some point, but it was pretty bad and I basically dropped it at the second episode. Also, people say it spoils some important aspects of both UBW and HF. On the other hand, the later anime (at least, the canon ones) were made in a way that they assume that you've already watched everything that was made before that point. UBW anime has tons of references to FZ that don't exist in the VN, and to a person who doesn't know FZ yet they would make zero sense (though they aren't very good anyway).

To avoid all confusion F/SN then F/Z would be appropriate, but, there are a lot of people who think that F/SN is an original anime and not a Anime based on a VN, also the [UBW] anime assumes you watched F/Z?

17 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Kind of. As I've already said, there are some scenes that aren't in the VN, and they reference some characters from F/Z.

Interesting... Maybe I will take some of my time to watch the anime...

Interesting to see that somehow we managed to discuss Fate continuity here, despite this thread is supposed to be Rance thread. No problem though.

As for the topic, well it's pretty much already solved so I will just say that I look forward to Mangagamer for finally working on Rance IX (Also X as well.