H-hi there s-senpai

Sayaka

I created an account a while ago but I'm only getting round to actually posting now.

I'm usually a bit shy when it comes to being active on a forum although I've lurked here for a while, follow VNTS and have been aware of Fuwanovel for quite some time.

I admire this community and I'd love to try and be an active part of it!

My interest in VNs only seems to grow, having started ~3 years ago. I adore, to name five, Saya no Uta, Tsukihime, Subahibi, Chaos;Head and Symphonic Rain. I think I like a relatively wide range of VNs, although I have barely even scratched the surface! I've been delving into and enjoying both a bit of yuri and otome recently.

Yoroshiku!

15 minutes ago, PapaRabbi said:

Are you suggesting that there's too much shitposting? How could you

To be honest, the local varieties of shitposting are rather exceptional (unless they spill out of the Coliseum and make an actual mess). I just belive there's meant to be some balance in the universe.

...that is, someone should still post normal stuff while you guys are taking the piss or we'll become /b/ with a neat blog feature attached to it. :sachi:

I'm mostly joking though. :>

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

1 hour ago, Sayaka said:

Thanks for the welcome guys, if anyone has a favourite vn they'd want anyone to play I'd like to hear it.

The recommendation subforum is pretty much full of stuff lately, but from me I could suggest Katawa Shoujo, Cupid and Cinderella Phenomenon, all of those are very good, free western-produced VNs. And I will mention my personal favorite, Analogue: A Hate Story. Also if you didn't play Doki Doki Literature Club and didn't get the plot twists spoiled to you, you should try it out (another great free game).

A little shitposting is good for the soul. :wahaha:

"A little" might be the key word here. ;p

Edited by Plk_Lesiak

23 minutes ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

To be honest, the local varieties of shitposting are rather exceptional (unless they spill out of the Coliseum and make an actual mess). I just belive there's meant to be some balance in the universe.

...that is, someone should still post normal stuff while you guys are taking the piss or we'll become /b/ with a neat blog feature attached to it. :sachi:

I'm mostly joking though. :>

Who would dare do such a thing as to make a mess of these clean forums?! I will not stand for such horrifying disrespect of these forums and them contributing to the increased hours kaguya must put in to clean up! Find me all these shitposters and I'll have all of them dealt with, enlisting the help of my fellow forum cleaner and gentleman @Zander

Edit: Oh and hi! Welcome to the forums :D Glad you could muster up some courage to come out of that shy exterior of yours to have fun with this community!

Edited by Chewy

Wow, this topic derailed slightly maybe.... :conspiracy:

Anyways, welcome to these forums Sayaka.

Your listed VN's are a bit on the dark side somewhat (not that I've actually played any of those yet). Nothing wrong with that of course.

As for my recommendations, go and read Grisaia no Kajitsu https://vndb.org/v5154 if you havn't already.

Wow, thank you everyone for all the welcomes! I'm not sure I'll have anything at all new or interesting to offer regarding vns, but I'll post anyway. ^_^

@Plk_Lesiak I usually don't read OELVNs but I've been planning to at least check out Katawa Shoujo for a while now.

@mitchhamilton I've heard good things about the actual VN, but horrible things about the official English release.

@Zander Thanks! I've only really read Amnesia:Memories, and I picked up Ozmafia recently. I prefer to play on PC and lots of the otome releases seem to be confined to Vita/console.

@Ranzo I concur. The purest form of love~ My yuri journey has only just begun.

@r0xm2n I want to play it, but preferably uncensored and I don't have a credit card for Denpasoft :notlikemiya:

@Kawasumi :lol: I'm just about trying

On 1/14/2018 at 1:33 PM, Sayaka said:

Thanks for the welcome guys, if anyone has a favourite vn they'd want anyone to play I'd like to hear it.

By the way, if you want recommendations, it might be a good idea to make a vndb account and mark the VNs you've already finished.

Considering the stuff you've mentioned as your favorites, I recommend When They Cry series (Higurashi and Umineko).