'Pulltop 15th x 15 Titles Premium Anniversary Pack'?

Joulskr

I stumbled across this while trying to familiarize myself with the Visual Novel Database - I always found the format it uses a bit confusing at a glance, and since it doesn't provide actual links, I never spent the time to really familiarize myself with it until recently - but it seems Pulltop (makers of If My Heart Had Wings, among other VNs) is releasing a 'Pulltop 15th x 15 Titles Premium Anniversary Pack', that seems to, if I understand correctly, be an out and out collection of 15 of Pulltops most successful works, and would even include the Fandisc content for IMHHW, which a lot of people are hurting for.

Obviously this wouldn't be in english, much to my chagrin, but I'm still somewhat interested; does anyone have any experience with 'packs' like this? Would it just be a bulk purchase of 15 of their games, or would all of them be combined into one program? And what costs are we talking about here for a digital download?

And hey, on the extremely off chance anyone wants to do a bulk English translation on anything without a TL already... :Chocola:

-

Link to the VNDB page, if anyone wants a shortcut: https://vndb.org/r54343

Edited by Joulskr

31 minutes ago, Joulskr said:

Obviously this wouldn't be in english, much to my chagrin, but I'm still somewhat interested; does anyone have any experience with 'packs' like this? Would it just be a bulk purchase of 15 of their games, or would all of them be combined into one program? And what costs are we talking about here for a digital download?

It doesn't seem to be digital at all in this case; according to the website, it's a physical "album" with 15 separate CDs + an additional one with the opening songs.

Unless you're asking if purchasing the collection entitles you to a digital download as well, in which case I don't believe it says anything with regards to that.

2 minutes ago, Zander said:

It doesn't seem to be digital at all in this case; according to the website, it's a physical "album" with 15 separate CDs + an additional one with the opening songs.

Unless you're asking if purchasing the collection entitles you to a digital download as well, in which case I don't believe it says anything with regards to that.

Yeah, that's about what I was afraid of - meaning an English translation is even less likely, right? 

Ah well.. I'll just have to satisfy my IMHHW withdrawal some other way.

Mildly related note - are those disks compatible with a standard optical drive, or do they require a special reader?

3 minutes ago, Joulskr said:

Yeah, that's about what I was afraid of - meaning an English translation is even less likely, right? 

Mildly related note - are those disks compatible with a standard optical drive, or do they require a special reader?

I have no clue with regards to the translation, but I think it's pretty rare for fandiscs to get an official translation regardless. As for the optical drive, it should be compatible with a standard one, but will require you to change your locale to Japan. 

Although I regret to inform you that the order page seems to indicate that they are limited and the sale has ended, unfortunately, unless I have misunderstood :notlikemiya:

There was a digital pack of the same kind, but that was only on sale for a while in 2017, and is no longer available. This is a physical equivalent. It cost 16.200 yen, (with the taxes included,) and will start shipping later this month for the people who pre-ordered. Looks like the pre-orders are closed, (stock ran out), so you can no longer pre-order one, but from what I can tell, it might go on sale in stores in Japan as well, so you can still get one by going to a store. Seeing as these are all 18+ titles, chances are they would not be shipped outside of Japan without the use of 3rd party shipping services, so getting one for western fans might be hard.

As for a bulk translation of all the games, that is sadly never going to happen. Translating a single game in the list would take long. Doing all of them would be an impossible task for one team.

Well that's surprisingly cheap, considering that one package edition from one of those VNs was usually sold at almost 10,000 yen - according to Erogamescape. As for the translation, three of the VNs were translated and those three were Konosora, Miagete, and Princess Waltz. Note that both of Konosora and Miagete that was translated got the H scenes censored by Pulltop, and the former did have some translation issues as well. As for the bulk translation, like Dergonu say no chance for now because the scripts for those VNs were pretty long (Miagete lines was ~38,000 even without H scenes for the reference), and therefore it'll be time consuming if one want to translated the rest of 12 VNs.

Edited by littleshogun

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone, sorry for late arrival, but I just received my shipment of the 15th anniversary title pack today. I can't take a picture of it right now because it's too late at night here.

Don't let the pics fool you... The pack is about twice the size of my laptop and I can't find a good place to store it. I'll show you pics once I get the chance.

UPDATE: Unboxing Video

Edited by WorldofAI
Add Unboxing Video

https://vndb.org/v4893

https://vndb.org/v6611

https://vndb.org/v604

If you get this, I recommend these three games above all the others.  In particular, I recommend Haruka ni Aogi (the third link) and the original Lovekami (which is one million times better than the other two games in the series).  Haruka ni Aogi, Uruwashi no is, to this day, Pulltop's sole kamige.