Favorite opening movie in a VN

Dreamysyu

So, what are your favorite opening movies in the VNs you've already read or want to read?

As for me, if I had to pick one opening, I'd choose Steins;Gate 0.

Spoiler

It really shows how popular the SG franchise is, because it looks like bigger budget went into this OP's production than some VNs have a a whole. ^_^ Incidentally, I haven't read S;G0 yet, so I can't say how well it connects to the actual story.

There are a lot more openings I like, including the Minori works or Muv-luv Alternative, but I would also want to mention the second opening movie from Hello, Lady!. It looks pretty spoilerous, so watch on your own risk.

Spoiler

The reason: I wasn't particularly interested in the title before I've seen this opening, but it looks so intriguing so I was immediately sold out, and now it's one of the top untranslated VNs I want to read.

Wow, the thread already open with S;G0, what an overkill! :wahaha:

Anyway, the openings I like usually are ones that I thought that the songs went really well with the pics they selected! ^_^

My picks (yes, they are BL games, but there's no sex, kiss or whatever in these openings, you can watch or just hear them just fine!):

Shingakkou...

Spoiler

THIS SONG IS SO...

And for a game I never played but dig the opening... Sweet Pool.

Spoiler

4 hours ago, Thyndd said:

ef (the first tale) and eden* have to be my favorites. My God they are beautiful.

sometimes I hate myself : I totally forgot about these two beautiful openings ( I already finished them a long time ago) :marie:

Having said that, I have a weakness for this intro :

Let's be clear: just like LB! Ex's intro, it's probably the music that enchants me :kosame:

And I almost forget another one of my favorites :

Edited by Canicheslayer

Barbarian on the Groove is perhaps one of the best VN opening bands out there...

Spoiler

It needs to be mentioned... before Pygmalion signaled the beginning of the end for the company, Propeller produced some of the best OPs out there.

Spoiler

And just to put something here other than chuunige openings...

Spoiler

14 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

It really shows how popular the SG franchise is, because it looks like bigger budget went into this OP's production than some VNs have a a whole. ^_^ Incidentally, I haven't read S;G0 yet, so I can't say how well it connects to the actual story.

Budget? :makina:

And there are 2 more of them.

But my favorite would be the UBW and HF Op. 

Edited by -soraa

Based on the 3 most listened VN openings on my phone: (so more like, favorite opening song, not counting how well it goes with the visuals)

The full versions are better (mainly the third one, there is a long silence in the OP version, but in the full there are lyrics here)

Edited by Riku