So I just did the Bad End for Makina in Grisaia no Kajitsu, and I'm shook.

Ryleona

21 minutes ago, Ryleona said:

I really hope all the other ending are either as light and happy, or as dark as that. Imma go do the good end now, so far i'm seriously enjoying the VN. Can't wait to finish and start the next games.

The good endings are good but the bad endings are mind blowing in kaijutsu.

Amane's bad ending is the best bad ending I ever read. Period.

Saachi's good ending made me cry, and her bad ending shocked me so much I probably didn't move for 5 minutes. 

Yumikos had no bad ending, a neutral one, and a heartwarming one. A very nice conclusive route, but probably the weakest one.

Michiru's good ending is really nice, but requires a bit of suspension of disbelief to be honest. Her bad ending is sudden, but better than makina's

I think there is a tendency in Grisaia for the bad endings to be generally better than the good ones (Sachi being the exception. The good ending is really powerful emotionally and the bad one is just absurdly ludicrous). 

Enjoy the rest of Grisaia. Let us know your opinion after! 

14 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Both of the choices that lead to the bad ending make no sense, and don't really have anything to do with the outcome. 

Yeah, I've been complaining about that a lot here. Grisaia's choices and outcomes are mostly not logical at all. But well, I guess that's more a problem of the VN in general rather than Michiru's route in particular (only that Michiru's is itself arguably  the less logical route, which makes it more noticeable). 

Edited by Thyndd

2 minutes ago, Thyndd said:

Yeah, I've been complaining about that a lot here. Grisaia's choices and outcomes are mostly not logical at all. But well, I guess that's more a problem of the VN in general rather than Michiru's route in particular. 

Nah, others were at fine enough. Only these 2 choices were stupid

24 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Nah, others were at fine enough. Only these 2 choices were stupid

Well, I'm not claiming that logical outcome = better. Even though I like it better, I can see the upsides of having an unforseeable outcome, namely, unpredictability and shock value. That leaving aside that in real life there are usually too many variables to predict how things are going to develop in a given situation. However, on the downside an illogical bad outcome usually feels unfair for the player. 

If you compare what changes in Grisaia's good endings versus the bad ones, there are many cases in which you cannot tie a direct logical link between the choice and the outcome that accounts for the differences. Often everything just crumbles down just because, feeling like a punishment for the player's bad decision. At least, that's what I thought while reading it :sachi:

And don't get me wrong, I like Grisaia a lot. Just my two cents and nitpicking a little. 

Edited by Thyndd

1 hour ago, Zidan209 said:

Both of the choices that lead to the bad ending make no sense, and don't really have anything to do with the outcome. 

I kinda felt that the game WANTED you to get the bad ends first so the choices people would be more inclined to pick, led to the bad ends.

Spoiler

For example, in makina's route, almost everyone would want to shoot her.

1 hour ago, Zidan209 said:

Also, I'm kind of surprised people find the choice in Michiru's choice illogical.

Spoiler

Basically, the difference is in the mood Yuuji had when seeing Michiru off, and whether he gave her the feeling that she could rely on him. If he shows her his weakness, she commits suicide. If he doesn't do that, she chooses a less drastic measure. It's simple.

In that sense, the choice in Makina's route is much stranger.

2 hours ago, Ryleona said:

I really hope all the other ending are either as light and happy, or as dark as that. Imma go do the good end now, so far i'm seriously enjoying the VN. Can't wait to finish and start the next games.

Eh.  Amane's bad end is good, Sachi's is the worst and most stupid in the entire VN (this is coming from a Sachi fan), Michiru's is dumb IMO, and Yumiko's bad end is more of a less-happy-than-good-end end.

People might disagree with me on Michiru's bad end being dumb, but I think her entire route is trash, so :sachi:

4 minutes ago, Dreamysyu said:

Also, I'm kind of surprised people find the choice in Michiru's choice illogical.

Hide contents

Basically, the difference is in the mood Yuuji had when seeing Michiru off, and whether he gave her the feeling that she could rely on him. If he shows her his weakness, she commits suicide. If he doesn't do that, she chooses a less drastic measure. It's simple.

In that sense, the choice in Makina's route is much stranger.

Yeah I agree, Michiru's choice is not that illogical. The thing is, the route itself is :makina: 

Makina's choice is the worst, followed by Amane's (I agree that the bad ending is really good and all, but again, the difference in outcomes doesn't follow from the choice at all), then Sachi's, Michiru's and Yumiko's (not really any good or bad ending, so whatever).

Amane and Yumiko's choices are absolutely correct, there's nothing illogical about it.

Spoiler

on Amane's route, the choice basically lets you choose the strategy. If you consider that Amane was so down for thinking she left Kazuki alone there back then and her death is her fault, it's only natural that she wouldn't actually decide to run away. So i just though that when u take the split choice, Amane would eventually go back and get in the way. 

Yumiko's nothing difficult. If you consider that on a good end, everyone is together, it's obvious that running away doesn't lead to the good end

14 minutes ago, Zidan209 said:

Amane and Yumiko's choices are absolutely correct, there's nothing illogical about it.

Hide contents

on Amane's route, the choice basically lets you choose the strategy. If you consider that Amane was so down for thinking she left Kazuki alone there back then and her death is her fault, it's only natural that she wouldn't actually decide to run away. So i just though that when u take the split choice, Amane would eventually go back and get in the way. 

Yumiko's nothing difficult. If you consider that on a good end, everyone is together, it's obvious that running away doesn't lead to the good end

That Amane came back is not what I find illogical, but that if they don't split everything is much easier and smoother for no reason at all. Yuuji being alone should make things way easier for him, and not the other way around, since he doesn't have to worry about protecting Amane. It would make perfect sense if Amane coming back ruined the whole thing, but that wasn't the case, it was totally ruined already at that point. So, my problem with Amane's choice is not exactly the final outcome, but rather the development of it.

Edited by Thyndd

7 minutes ago, Ryleona said:

Just a theory, but does Amane, by any chance, kill me(Yuuji) in her bad end? No particular reason for thinking that, just a theory.

Lol, I'd want to see that. :)

At the same time, it might be a good idea not to spoil yourself too much, you know. This thread kind of moved into a pretty dangerous territory.