Looking for something dark

Neutronium

4 minutes ago, Zander said:

Dark and messed up? I know a guy who just so happens to be an authority on dark and messed up VNs. Take a look at his list of the best:

Might be a little too dark and messed up for ya though. Or for any human. :unsure:

Chrono Box seems interesting! I'll have to look into it.

1 hour ago, Zander said:

Dark and messed up? I know a guy who just so happens to be an authority on dark and messed up VNs. Take a look at his list of the best:

Might be a little too dark and messed up for ya though. Or for any human. :unsure:

Ironic how the top lists are actually helpful

Swan Song is what you're looking for! It happens after an earthquake, then people get sheltered in a school. Just like subahibi, the whole "world is ending, we must survive" is going on, in a less abstract way. It is one of the games that "really" (as far as a game can) shows how messed up people can be when they're afraid of dying.

Maybe Phantom of Inferno, as long as you're willing to deal with DVD player thing (Very convoluted). Other than that, Kikokugai should be good for you - play 2011 version if you want smoother graphic. There's also Chaos Head which is more or less like Higurashi because it have some denpa element, and maybe Chaos Child if you have PS4. For the last recommendation, maybe you could try Dies Irae as well. Hope the recommendations would be help.

nice thread , i was kinda looking for the same kind of recomendation. i dont see it anywhere, but maybe cartagra or kara no shojo? they got quite darks elements too , and i liked them a lot . once i'll have finished to check all the bad ends on them , i'll finish fata morgana (idk whatto think about it to be honest, i have enjoyed it but at the same time not really ... weird mixed feelings ) and i may go for dies irae or subahibi .

and also , i strongly back up saya no uta and swan song . Both were widely enjoyables and enjoyed Ü