In need of a new VN

imsodark

Hey, I'm new here!

Came to ask for help to find something new I could read, I'm new to the VN world, but here's what I liked most so far:

Grisaia No Kajitsu (+sequels)- My absolute favourite, this is the kind of game im looking for it has most of the things I love, Romance, School theme/Dormitory, few different heroines, characters dont look distorted, good lenght, 18+ scenes that deepen the bond between the heroine and the main protagonist.

Katawa Shoujo 

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete - I know this one gets a lot of hate for different reasons and I get why, but I still immensely enjoyed this one.

Those are the ones i like most, the most important thing that seems to stop me from reading most of the VNS are the art styles, characters being distorted and/or with the same face all over the board, or if its generally bad drawn.

Here are a few more preferences of mine that might help to suggest me something hopefuly:

-Romance

-Slice of life

-Not a fan of loli

-No short stories possibly

-Highschool/Dormitory

-Branching Plot

-Not a kinetic novel

-Something that looks decent graphically

This seems to be most, I can imagine there might be literally nothing for me but its worth trying. Every suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Edited by imsodark

There's Clannad that fits for everything, exccept of the graphical side ( I mean, it's not bad if u get used to it, but the way the characters are drawn is rather... different). It's pretty much the definition of slice of life romance set in school, and is one of the longest VNs out there, has no 18+ content, though (which shouldn't be a problem, since you didn't specify that)

You could also try Maji de watashi ni koishinasai. It doesn't have that much of a deep story or anything, and is more a comedy than anything else, but it also fits your requirements. You're going to have alot of fun if you try this one.

4 hours ago, imsodark said:

Hey, I'm new here!

Came to ask for help to find something new I could read, I'm new to the VN world, but here's what I liked most so far:

Grisaia No Kajitsu - My absolute favourite, this is the kind of game im looking for it has most of the things I love, Romance, School theme/Dormitory, few different heroines, characters dont look distorted, good lenght, 18+ scenes that deepen the bond between the heroine and the main protagonist.

Katawa Shoujo 

Kono Oozora ni, Tsubasa o Hirogete - I know this one gets a lot of hate for different reasons and I get why, but I still immensely enjoyed this one.

Those are the ones i like most, the most important thing that seems to stop me from reading most of the VNS are the art styles, characters being distorted and/or with the same face all over the board, or if its generally bad drawn.

Here are a few more preferences of mine that might help to suggest me something hopefuly:

-Romance

-Slice of life

-Not a fan of loli

-No short stories possibly

-Highschool/Dormitory

-Branching Plot

-Not a kinetic novel

-Something that looks decent graphically

This seems to be most, I can imagine there might be literally nothing for me but its worth trying. Every suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

Clannad as mentioned before as well as The Devil in G-String come to mind. You could also continue the Grisaia Series. 

3 hours ago, Dreamysyu said:

Why won't you read the sequels then?

Oh I read them. Sorry for not mentioning.

I found this VN called Akatsuki no Goei that looks good, has anyone read that and could tell me if its any good? Unfortunately saw that only one part is translated.

Edited by imsodark

Clannad is probably right up your street. Has some moments that will hit you emotionally, like a truck.

For something pretty lighthearted (and VERY lewd), check out Wagamama High Spec https://vndb.org/v17823 . Awesome art, cute music, and a ton of fap material.

Now I've yet to play either, but if you want pure engaging plot, check out Steins;Gate and Fate Night Stay.

Since you liked Kono Oozora (I loved it as well btw), maybe check out Dal Segno https://vndb.org/v17742

Also, the ONLY reason I'm not playing G-senjou no Maou https://vndb.org/v211 right now is because +18 version hasn't been released yet. This is one heck of a crime thriller apparently, and I personally can't wait to play it. One youtube video even described it as the 'Deathnote of Visual Novels'.

1 hour ago, r0xm2n said:

Also, the ONLY reason I'm not playing G-senjou no Maou https://vndb.org/v211 right now is because +18 version hasn't been released yet. This is one heck of a crime thriller apparently, and I personally can't wait to play it. One youtube video even described it as the 'Deathnote of Visual Novels'.

I second this. This is my first one and it got me hooked on VNs even though there are no lolis here. There should be a fan TL of the 18+ version.

Don't expect too much though. Expectations ruins your experience.

For my money, Wagamama High Spec and ChronoClock were both solid VNs that fit your list of preferences perfectly. You'll probably love Princess Evangile (link NSFW), though I didn't much care for it. That said, you should really refer to this thread:

And consider broadening your horizons and trying something outside slice-of-life. Your stated preferences are definitely ideal for getting the most VNs in terms of quantity, but the best VNs tend to be the ones that step outside that mold a bit. Maybe give Gahkthun of the Golden Lightning a look (the MangaGamer release [NSFW link] is exactly the same as the Steam release for Gahkthun, IIRC).

Edited by Fred the Barber

On 8/1/2018 at 9:56 PM, imsodark said:

lots of hate? apart from the translation of the secondary routes, it's one of the best (imho, THE BEST) VN ever.

Anyway, I suggest you to play Noble Works.
Good story, great characters, good artworks.
I like it almost as much as I like Kono Oozora.