Grand Strategy Games

Andromis

Hello! I'm just wondering if there are any one here who play or would be interested in playing any Grand Strategy Games like Hearts of Iron IV or Stellaris. 4X's like EU4 and the Total War series will be fine as well. If you are interested, please reply to the post or add me on steam at Andrew115343 and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

Steam Group Link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FuNoGSGS

Discord Link: https://discord.gg/wGMh4Nz

Edited by Andromis
Added Important Links

A group of three of us were thinking of playing some Stellaris; only problem is that our skill levels vary quite a bit, from a relative newbie to a long-time player.

Anyway, I think we'd be interested in playing most of the games you listed together.

14 minutes ago, Zander said:

A group of three of us were thinking of playing some Stellaris; only problem is that our skill levels vary quite a bit, from a relative newbie to a long-time player.

Anyway, I think we'd be interested in playing most of the games you listed together.

No worries about that. I'm very new to Stellaris with only 2 hours of play-time.

I'm not really a full-fledged fan of this genre, but I bought a key for Hearts of Iron IV and played like 2 hours... enough time for the British Fleet to beat my Germany to a pulp.

There's a lot of things to manage and that may not be your cup of tea. Besides, a new game opens with a looooong load screen.

Maybe I'll go back to it and conquer Poland once and for all. But if you're not well prepared even the Austrians mount a decent defence against you :(

2 hours ago, Okarin said:

I'm not really a full-fledged fan of this genre, but I bought a key for Hearts of Iron IV and played like 2 hours... enough time for the British Fleet to beat my Germany to a pulp.

There's a lot of things to manage and that may not be your cup of tea. Besides, a new game opens with a looooong load screen.

Maybe I'll go back to it and conquer Poland once and for all. But if you're not well prepared even the Austrians mount a decent defence against you :(

That is true. What I usually do is before I even get started, I make of list and plan of what I am going to do in the short and long term of the game so I can keep on track and not get screwed over. But sometimes even with that, I still make mistakes and lose the game even though I have 282 hours of play time and there are still somethings I have a hard time doing. IMO, saving often is usually important so if sometime goes wrong, you can have something to fall back on (Unless your playing Ironman mode, you can't use previous saves in that.)  Down below I have included a link which is an excellent resource and I recommend anyone who plays HOI IV to look at it.

Edited by Andromis
Link does not work unless you right click and open in new tab.

7 minutes ago, SilverLi said:

I don't own HOI4 but always up for some Stellaris, EU4, CIV 5 or 6 and any Total War. A big fan of strategy overall since 15 years back. My Steam-link should be correct. I'm one of the 3 Zander mentioned.

Nice. I'll send you a friend request.

On 12/01/2018 at 3:01 AM, Zander said:

I'm really excited for it! The Chinese setting looks really awesome.

You should come play with us this weekend if you're interested, mate.

:o I had no idea this is coming, it looks <3 <3 <3 Im terrible at the Total War games but Ill still buy it :3

As for Paradox games, own all of them, have hundreds of hours on all of them, am burnt out on all of them xD maybe with the next Stellaris expansion

• 2 weeks later...