Hoshizora no Memoria Issue

FinalCloud

Hey, getting issues with this game. The steam version crashes the moment I load a save.

I have just started the game but...

The voice acting seems to not be playing, e.g. In the initial flashback with the girl who kisses him on the forehead, her lines have no audio.

If I skip through to the scene with the read haired girl and the blonde I hear no voices either, all I notice is a slight reduction in BGM volume, what is going on =S

If I do the "Test Voice" button I hear the voice

Any ideas?

Edited by FinalCloud

17 minutes ago, FinalCloud said:

Hey, getting issues with this game. The steam version crashes the moment I load a save.

I have just started the game but...

The voice acting seems to not be playing, e.g. In the initial flashback with the girl who kisses him on the forehead, her lines have no audio.

If I skip through to the scene with the read haired girl and the blonde I hear no voices either, all I notice is a slight reduction in BGM volume, what is going on =S

If I do the "Test Voice" button I hear the voice

Any ideas?

Try right clicking on the game in your Steam library, properties ---> local files ---> verify integrity of game cache. This has fixed similar problems for me before.

The game itself is pretty buggy due to a poor release state, so it might just be due to that. I would try posting here as well if you haven't already, for an "official" response

Edited by Zander

On 3/14/2013 at 11:47 AM, Tay said:

2. Please don't ask for support for licensed Visual Novels, if you bought the game, you can get technical support from the retailer, if not, please look for support wherever you got it, we won't be offering support for licensed Visual Novels.

Hoshizora no Memoria is a licensed visual novel.  It would be a good idea to direct all technical support questions to Sekai Project, as that's much more likely to result in your problem being resolved.