ONE VN you should read before you die.

ittaku

12 hours ago, Kiriririri said:

KINIRO LOVERICHE

YOU need some delicious SEISHUN in your life with a beautiful true route that makes you shikushiku

Is it really that good/memey? Like what's with this VN -.-

It's all over jap twitter

Edited by iamnoob

6 hours ago, melo4496 said:

Kimi to Kanojo to Kanojo no Koi

Every VN reader should read this game. It has a brilliant concept that can change your way of thinking and be more open-minded regarding the medium, outstanding art and excellent soundtrack that will engage you in the story and one heck of a baseball experience.

+1

Make sure to not look up anything relating to totono if you actually decide to play it. For the best experience possible.

Hatsuyuki Sakura. From laughter to tears, this VN takes you on an emotional journey. It has some great heroines (Sakura, Aya). The protagonist is about as far from the typical nakige mold as you can get, being a misanthrope with a desire for revenge. Did I mention that it's a fuyu-ge, and fuyu-ge are the best? Also, :pyaa: exists.

The OST is stunning listening by itself and works even better in-game as an atmosphere generator.

Finally, I just want somebody to translate this game, because it's had too many failed projects. (I'd be happy to insist on editing this if you pick it up. Same goes for Natsuyume Nagisa.)

Edited by Tamaki Sakura

It would seem I have run out of likes. I've wanted to like every useful post on this thread but alas I've used up my likes. :unsure:

We're still only at 7 out of 10 of the most popular on VNDB. I wonder if some of the top 10 have dated and people wouldn't see them that way any more?

19 hours ago, DarkZedge said:

I thought it'd be a smart shit post about making people read ToHeart :rubycry:

Heh well as much as To Heart 2 means to me, and how many years work I put into it, I'm not blind enough to consider it the best VN of all time. On the other hand, for anyone that enjoys moege and charage, I put it to them that they should all play To Heart 2 at some stage because it is one of the reference works that basically defined the genre in one fell swoop. VNs before it were nothing like it in scope and tropes became tropes as a result of its writing. They weren't tropes when it was written. It has dated in many ways but there are also still very likeable aspects to its story and characters, and the amount of meta references to this game in the most modern of charage still today make it an invaluable reference for jokes. Playing it is reading history in the making. Even if you don't plan to read it, check out its and its animes' list of (spoilers) tropes http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/VisualNovel/ToHeart2

There is no VN that is life-changing to me, but for people that believe that VNs with choices as the only interactivity make for horrible games, i'd recommend Clannad because it's the only VN i've ever seen that has replayability in such a great level (just look at the walkthrough of it on these forums to see the amount of optional stuff) without relying on JRPG gameplay.

Just now, onorub said:

There is no VN that is life-changing to me, but for people that believe that VNs with choices as the only interactivity make for horrible games, i'd recommend Clannad because it's the only VN i've ever seen that has replayability in such a great level (just look at the walkthrough of it on these forums to see the amount of optional stuff) without relying on JRPG gameplay.

And that now makes  8/10 of the most popular VNDB entries :)

12 minutes ago, onorub said:

I'd say Clannad doesn't remotely have enough choices for such a long VN as it is :makina:

On 1/7/2018 at 12:07 PM, Tamaki Sakura said:

Hatsuyuki Sakura. From laughter to tears, this VN takes you on an emotional journey. It has some great heroines (Sakura, Aya). The protagonist is about as far from the typical nakige mold as you can get, being a misanthrope with a desire for revenge. Did I mention that it's a fuyu-ge, and fuyu-ge are the best? Also, :pyaa: exists.

The OST is stunning listening by itself and works even better in-game as an atmosphere generator.

Finally, I just want somebody to translate this game, because it's had too many failed projects. (I'd be happy to insist on editing this if you pick it up. Same goes for Natsuyume Nagisa.)

Hatsusaku is kamige too :kosame:. Pretty much everything Nijima Yuu does tbh. MkN included.