Jump to content

A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]


Recommended Posts

Just now, Orange said:

Huh wow, that's more than I expected for just H-scenes.  Did anything else get cut besides that?

Based on observations from one of our members who has read the Moenovel game, it seems like they made small edits to the dialogue leading up to sex, to make them seem more "all-ages" friendly. This also seems to be the case with Pulltop's newest games, Love Kami Useless Goddess/ Divinity Stage, and their all-ages ENG versions. (They actually have 18+ content in the JP versions.)

But, the amount of changes in Miagete should just be a tiny fraction compared to those in Konosora, and shouldn't take too much time to find after we finish the TL of the H.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Dergonu said:

Based on observations from one of our members who has read the Moenovel game, it seems like they made small edits to the dialogue leading up to sex, to make them seem more "all-ages" friendly. This also seems to be the case with Pulltop's newest games, Love Kami Useless Goddess/ Divinity Stage, and their all-ages ENG versions. (They actually have 18+ content in the JP versions.)

But, the amount of changes in Miagete should just be a tiny fraction compared to those in Konosora, and shouldn't take too much time to find after we finish the TL of the H.

Thanks for looking into it Dergonu... That confirms all my suspicions :) It's good we won't have a lot of work to do there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Nandemonai said:

It sure does.  MoeNovel tried to pull a fast one by releasing it censored in the West first... Then releasing an 18-plus version explicitly marked 'for Japan only' later.  As if we weren't going to find out :leecher:

Not like it being "For Japan Only" will stop people from outside of Japan from getting it.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Nandemonai said:

It sure does.  MoeNovel tried to pull a fast one by releasing it censored in the West first... Then releasing an 18-plus version explicitly marked 'for Japan only' later.  As if we weren't going to find out :leecher:

Well they can pull that, ......as long as they don't announced that on internet that is lol. Even if Pulltop did something like AKB2, the world still gonna know that in one way or another anyway, because of the internet and I'm sure any Japan game site would announce any Pulltop release plan. Otherwise they won't announced that and as the result get the flak from the Japanese user. I did wonder though what Japan people think about Pulltop censored their VN for overseas release, although I guess they won't care that much.

PS - As for the percentage count, seeing that we have around 7,500 lines of H scenes and 45,896 lines overall, the script for localized version was cut by at least around 16% from the original script just by removing H scenes.

Edited by littleshogun
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, littleshogun said:

PS - As for the percentage count, seeing that we have around 7,500 lines of H scenes and 45,896 lines overall, the script for localized version was cut by at least around 16% from the original script jusy by removing H scenes.

Which is why it's important to have people like Inferno to do the hard job of patching these games, we're not talking 2 or 3 % of the story missing, we're talking 16%, that's a big deal. I end up skipping most of the h-scenes anyway, but it doesn't feel right not to have them.

Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Just to let you know, I've finished IMHHW and I'm going straight into ASFOS. Depending on how long it is, I should be done in about 2 or 3 days and I'll be able to help you after if you want ! 

Now that was fast. I have nothing for testing yet. And it might take me some considerable amount of time to get anything of substance done. Maybe if you are up for it later on, but at the moment, I don't think I will have anything by the end of February and most likely not even by March.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey guys, it might not be the place to ask this but : I checked the box "don't show this window again" as not to display the setup launch window before the game starts, but ever since that my game stopped working. I reinstalled it a few times, I reinstalled directX and everything, but I guess the issue comes from this window not displaying, does any of you know how to make that window pop up again ? 

44 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Hey guys, it might not be the place to ask this but : I checked the box "don't show this window again" as not to display the setup launch window before the game starts, but ever since that my game stopped working. I reinstalled it a few times, I reinstalled directX and everything, but I guess the issue comes from this window not displaying, does any of you know how to make that window pop up again ? 

Well I fixed the game, in case anyone stopping by was looking for a fix to the game not starting with the error message "AdVHD has stopped working", make it windows XP(pack3) compatible and check "run as administrator". Lost all my saves though, thank god I wasn't far ! 

Edited by Dergonu
Try not to double post too much
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Well I fixed the game, in case anyone stopping by was looking for a fix to the game not starting with the error message "AdVHD has stopped working", make it windows XP(pack3) compatible and check "run as administrator". Lost all my saves though, thank god I wasn't far ! 

Your savegames shouldn't be dependant on compatibility issues. In fact, I just found that the savegame directory is easy to find. It's inside "Users/(*Your Username*)/Saved Games/Moenovel/" or "/Willplus", depending on which one you are playing. Check that folder. If you are on Win7 and later OS, it should be there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Your savegames shouldn't be dependant on compatibility issues. In fact, I just found that the savegame directory is easy to find. It's inside "Users/(*Your Username*)/Saved Games/Moenovel/" or "/Willplus", depending on which one you are playing. Check that folder. If you are on Win7 and later OS, it should be there.

Thank you, but I'm not playing on a "steam-realeased version" of the game if you follow my meaning... It was fine anyway, I wasn't that far so it only took a couple minutes of skipping ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got done with Hikari's route (did Saya's before), and I'll tell you what: when H-scenes are in the game, I don't really pay much attention to them, but not having them actually feels so wrong. Now that I'm playing an Heroge without them, I can really feel everything that they bring to the table. I really want to do something to help you out, I've spotted a lot of english that could use a bit of work, and I'm really looking forward to testing what you've been working on, I'll finally get to see those missing scenes !!

Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Just got done with Hikari's route (did Saya's before), and I'll tell you what: when H-scenes are in the game, I don't really pay much attention to them, but not having them actually feels so wrong. Now that I'm playing an Heroge without them, I can really feel everything that they bring to the table. I really want to do something to help you out, I've spotted a lot of english that could use a bit of work, and I'm really looking forward to testing what you've been working on, I'll finally get to see those missing scenes !!

What do you think, what made me stop reading the VN at some point? I didn't even finish a route and immediately began a project for it. I was like "no, this isn't how things should be" and just went straight into doing a project to restore the missing content. Anyway, it won't be done anytime soon. There's only 1 TLer at the moment who is working on it but it won't get finished anytime soon. I bet it will take me a year at the end to finally get everything done, if not even more. I really want to do this in a good quality style and that requires both patience and diligent work. As for the "I've spotted a lot of English that could use a bit of work..." - yes, tell me more about it. It's a shame this VN didn't have a proper editor to really squash all the awkward lines. A real shame. But it still can be enjoyed, I think this is one of those VNs where the quality of the VN itself is pushing the overall impression, more than the translation itself.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

What do you think, what made me stop reading the VN at some point? I didn't even finish a route and immediately began a project for it. I was like "no, this isn't how things should be" and just went straight into doing a project to restore the missing content. 

So far I think it's a really good VN, but maybe going into it straight after IMHHW was a mistake, I'm just not as engaged in the characters in ASFOS. Maybe it's because the VN is not as good, or I didn't give myself enough time. It's still really good though, I guess you could say it's not as "tragic" as IMHHW was, so there's no super emotionnal moments. 

9 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

 yes, tell me more about it. It's a shame this VN didn't have a proper editor to really squash all the awkward lines. A real shame. But it still can be enjoyed, I think this is one of those VNs where the quality of the VN itself is pushing the overall impression, more than the translation itself.

That's something I could work on since it's the only thing I can do, that'd free you up to work on the rest ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DatMetalGuy said:

So far I think it's a really good VN, but maybe going into it straight after IMHHW was a mistake, I'm just not as engaged in the characters in ASFOS. Maybe it's because the VN is not as good, or I didn't give myself enough time. It's still really good though, I guess you could say it's not as "tragic" as IMHHW was, so there's no super emotionnal moments. 

I didn't play IMHHW so I don't know much about it, but I am satisfied with the way ASFOS does things. It's one of the best, if not the very best, "no forced drama" VN I have touched so far. I feel like the romance and story is truly believable, and not forced. It's one of those "moege" VNs that I feel like, despite being slice-of-life, actually do have a plot. That's what I like about it the most. Yes, it's a moege, but there's enough plot to make you interested in it. And the characters were all interesting to me so it just clicked with me. I was told that I'd love Cocoro Function, but I don't know much about it, other than that one of the heroines there is supposedly Saya carbon-copy personality or something xD...

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

I didn't play IMHHW so I don't know much about it, but I am satisfied with the way ASFOS does things. It's one of the best, if not the very best, "no forced drama" VN I have touched so far. 

I'd say IMHHW is for sure more "drama material", ASFOS has barely anything dramatic happening, it's really nice, the characters are well-written, but I don't really see any of those "teary-eyes-inducing" moments that I had so much of in IMHHW. If no one told me, I'd think IMHHW was made after ASFOS, it feels like a more engaging story, but I guess after IMHHW they decided to make something that was more slice of life has you said rather than just truly sad stories where characters are always faced with adversity and failure over and over again! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Infernoplex

I'm a QC for the current full ReTL of Konosora/If My Heart Had Wings. My job there is basically just about done, outside any issues that come up while they finish things up. I think Pabloc and other members of that team can vouch for my skills =)

I'd love to be part of this project since a reason I haven't read this VN is because of lack of 18+ content (unlike a bunch of people here saying I actually like Pulltop's ability to have super long H scenes but I guess I can see why TLers could have issue with TLing it and not something more 'intellectual' dialogue wise). But the VN seemed interesting and I've liked every Pulltop title I've read (IMHWW and Koirizo) so I'm sure I'll like this one a lot especially since I've heard many good things.

I'm not sure if I'd have to read the whole thing to make sure the transitions to H-scenes work fine or just skip to where H-scenes would play and see how they work and if they show up on the . Also would I need to know Japanese? I'm not fluent at all I basically know the very basic stuff you hear in anime/VNs. I also don't know how soon you need me, if you'd rather wait for the Konosora reTL to be fully released or not.

Either way I'd be interested and hit me up if you'd like me to be on. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NowItsAngeTime said:

(unlike a bunch of people here saying I actually like Pulltop's ability to have super long H scenes)

It's not that I dislike it, it's just that I fast skip through most of it because 90% of it is "groan" and "moan". I like them, I just don't read them like I would the rest of the story.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@NowItsAngeTime Hey.

So, for now the Tl is still in the early stages, so we don't even have an editor yet. QC is something we will look into after the TL is done, and has been edited. We can give you a shout when we are at that point, if you want, just know that we won't be for some time. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, DatMetalGuy said:

It's not that I dislike it, it's just that I fast skip through most of it because 90% of it is "groan" and "moan". I like them, I just don't read them like I would the rest of the story.

Understandable

i stick with every moan and groan myself but I can see why people would skin then cuz there is quite a lot

4 hours ago, Dergonu said:

@NowItsAngeTime Hey.

So, for now the Tl is still in the early stages, so we don't even have an editor yet. QC is something we will look into after the TL is done, and has been edited. We can give you a shout when we are at that point, if you want, just know that we won't be for some time. 

Cool thats fine.

Ive told InfernoPlex in PM that even if it takes over a year for a QC build, I should still be opento recruitement emergencies aside

you can keep me on a shortlist and/or Ill just follow this topics progress from time to time like I did with Konosora/IMHHW

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, DatMetalGuy said:

Well, just got done with ASFOS! I really enjoyed it for the most part, even though Korona's route was really boring to me... I still prefer IMHHW but I can't say I didn't like ASFOS! 

So is it basically a less drama-based and more feel-good/slice of life version of IMHHW?

Whyd you consider Korona's route boring? What did you think of other routes?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Infernoplex changed the title to A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...