A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]

Infernoplex

On 8/23/2020 at 8:02 AM, NowItsAngeTime said:

It was never 100% confirmed anyway, just a "We're considering it for consistency" thing.

Nahh, most likely some bullshit to get him to join with no intentions on ever following through, some bait and switch tactic. I mean, it's not like anyone is following a strict schedule for monetary reasons so having a nice little side project shoudnt be any problem. 

Edited by Stormwolf

1 hour ago, Stormwolf said:

Nahh, most likely some bullshit to get him to join with no intentions on ever following through, some bait and switch tactic.

You mean me by "him"? Nah, that's not what happened. I didn't join Fine Days expecting help with the original Miazora. It was only a possibility, but we didn't really make any such deals. Besides, even if we did, I just wouldn't have the time to work on it, at least not this year. Please don't direct anger at any fanTLers or fanTL groups :( The original problem was Moenovel in the first place. Had they offered a patch themselves, none of this would've been a thing.

20 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

There already is an MTL patch for Miazora. You can find the link somewhere in this thread. You can use that instead of VNR.

MTL...Machine TransLated? Was it for the whole game or just the H-scenes? Honestly it's been like 5 years since I used anything to translate a VN (VNR being the last one before it died and then tried to revive under some Russian site that never worked for me) so I have no idea how most stuff works nowadays

On 8/25/2020 at 10:02 AM, Stormwolf said:

Nahh, most likely some bullshit to get him to join with no intentions on ever following through, some bait and switch tactic. I mean, it's not like anyone is following a strict schedule for monetary reasons so having a nice little side project shoudnt be any problem. 

I know right? It's quite a shame that nobody wouldn't be able to continue this project. So perhaps you may be the one who capable to translate it and in process would be the one who released the restoration patch for Miagete here. In case you ask on where's the script, you didn't need to worry about it because I still have it. So just let me know when you want to translated 7,500 lines of sex scenes and I'll send the script to you. But my Japanese skill is almost none, how about it? Don't worry, because you can try to treat it as Japanese learning tool and see if this can be your first step towards translating the work that you want to translate (Such as Muramasa).

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I know right? It's quite a shame that nobody wouldn't be able to continue this project. So perhaps you may be the one who capable to translate it and in process would be the one who released the restoration patch for Miagete here. In case you ask on where's the script, you didn't need to worry about it because I still have it. So just let me know when you want to translated 7,500 lines of sex scenes and I'll send the script to you. But my Japanese skill is almost none, how about it? Don't worry, because you can try to treat it as Japanese learning tool and see if this can be your first step towards translating the work that you want to translate (Such as Muramasa).

Yeah, we agree completely! it is a shame!

I like how you just completely missed or ignored their point.

Anyways, I'd probably just ask anyone to keep the scripts and any work that might've been done already, save it to the cloud in case some random wanderby comes along and says, "Hey! I think the Moe translation was terrible for this and I wanna redo it on my own/with a team" then y'all can be like, "heres stuff we tried to do about it in 20xx!"  and I can chime in a month later with my figurative support and cheer.

3 hours ago, MFrost said:

I like how you just completely missed or ignored their point.

Anyways, I'd probably just ask anyone to keep the scripts and any work that might've been done already, save it to the cloud in case some random wanderby comes along and says, "Hey! I think the Moe translation was terrible for this and I wanna redo it on my own/with a team" then y'all can be like, "heres stuff we tried to do about it in 20xx!"  and I can chime in a month later with my figurative support and cheer.

Well the only way for the people to understand the pain to translate the work is to do the job on that, and if he didn't want to do that oh well. Also while it's doable for sure, the process would be very tedious and you need to spent some days to figure out on how to open and extract the scripts. After that, you need to figure out on how to add the scripts to the game without risking breaking the game, which to say easier said than done. Also sometimes there are bug that can still happen even if you do the process properly. So in short, it would be a pain to translate this. And if some of the users here complain on how the project is cancelled, perhaps they may give a shot to work on this if possible (Note that I already tried it, and I can't figure out on how to open the scripts).

As for the scripts, yes I already save it to MEGA and in case someone want to challenge it then I'll give it freely. Keep in mind though in that it's still mostly untranslated, so good luck to you if you want to do it.

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Well the only way for the people to understand the pain to translate the work is to do the job on that, and if he didn't want to do that oh well. Also while it's doable for sure, the process would be very tedious and you need to spent some days to figure out on how to open and extract the scripts. After that, you need to figure out on how to add the scripts to the game without risking breaking the game, which to say easier said than done. Also sometimes there are bug that can still happen even if you do the process properly. So in short, it would be a pain to translate this. And if some of the users here complain on how the project is cancelled, perhaps they may give a shot to work on this if possible (Note that I already tried it, and I can't figure out on how to open the scripts).

As for the scripts, yes I already save it to MEGA and in case someone want to challenge it then I'll give it freely. Keep in mind though in that it's still mostly untranslated, so good luck to you if you want to do it.

This sounds harder than I first thought. I wanted to jump into translating VNs, but if the game scripts are that hard to open, I may consider a different career path.

26 minutes ago, Jardic47 said:

This sounds harder than I first thought. I wanted to jump into translating VNs, but if the game scripts are that hard to open, I may consider a different career path.

It's not that hard to open them. Well, it depends on the engine, but for some, it's very easy... for others, not so much. So in the end, it depends on what you want to translate or work on.

Just now, Infernoplex said:

It's not that hard to open them. Well, it depends on the engine, but for some, it's very easy... for others, not so much. So in the end, it depends on what you want to translate or work on.

I see. Thank you for your input. I was worried all games were hard to open, but I guess not. Maybe I still have a chance. 

On 9/4/2020 at 1:45 PM, Fluffypierce said:

Also been wondering how it's done. Ever since Your Diary's "translation", been wanting to take a stab at it, but i gave up when i learned it was a pain and the guides for it were all gone.

Your Diary's easy to get the script from. At least from what I recall. I know I didn't have any issues getting it.

• 2 weeks later...

Guys can you help me out? I installed asfos recently and it was working perfectly but today we had a black out while im playing asfos... So after the black out i open the asfos again it just wont work anymore its just a black screen PLS HELP ME FIX THIS

Edited by GalchPlayz
Wrong grammar

• 1 month later...

It would be better if you finished the 17+ version of the game then adding the 18+ patch because it has a huge difference when I played the 18+ of the game while watching the 17+ version gameplay of the game (this is only the first half of the common route). This is my suggestion for you guys playing the game.

• 1 month later...

anyone here know how to use this? when I tried the MTL and reached 18+ scene it was still in Japanese. Am I using it wrong? I don't know where else to ask. didn't it say it would be in machine translation unless I read it wrong? also everything was in Japanese but I am guessing it suppose to be all Japanese expect for 18+ scenes? I also tried remove the file downloaded from steam that are the same as the version in the 18+ and the replacing the ones that are the same with the files from the 18+  file but visual novel won't work without the original files downloaded from steam.

Edited by Alan

19 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

It's dropped for now. Maybe someday...

How about the 18+ Hikari route I saw in one of your comments that you say you might put out? Can't you just release that one if this is dead for now?

Edited by Alan