A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration [DROPPED]

Infernoplex

3 hours ago, Zethkieten said:

I can't say that i'm bilingual, but i've done some editing for the local college's writing club.... so if you need someone to do proofreading after the script has been fully translated, i'd be more than happy to help. I'm not familiar with the process however, so i'm not sure if that falls under the responsibilities of the TLCer.

I AM NO STRANGER TO HORRIBLY BUTCHERED ENGRISH*** and i'll gladly help with it even if it looks like something that google translate shat out.

It's okay, I don't need a proofreader at the moment ^^ Thank you for the offer ^_^

Also, TLCer is something else. It's short for "Translation Checker". Proofreading is usually something that's left for the QC (Quality Control). And don't worry, we aren't using Google Translate, LOL :D

On 7/21/2018 at 5:27 AM, Infernoplex said:

It's okay, I don't need a proofreader at the moment ^^ Thank you for the offer ^_^

Also, TLCer is something else. It's short for "Translation Checker". Proofreading is usually something that's left for the QC (Quality Control). And don't worry, we aren't using Google Translate, LOL :D

lmao! was just giving you idea of how badly "I've Seen Some Shit"™. But hey! I'm getting back into doing all manner of beta testing stuff again, so i figured i'd offer.

Hey, i m really interested in VN's the last time, especially the original 18+ ones. 8)
I am german and learning japanese at the moment with an internet tool, because i really like the language. I nearly fully understand each english text, but my own english writing is 'not the yellow from the egg' (a german joke poorly translated in english which means, 'it is not really good'). So i leave it to guys like you to translate VN's. I don't have any idea, how i could help, because i have nor experience in translating neither experience in using such tools to translate. I like the idea of a manual translation so i put all my hopes to you guys.

:objection: I, DrDekker, lend you all my possible mental power to you to translate it into a god damn gud manual translated VN with original content *cough* h-scenes and ecchi stuff *cough*.

Is it right that the progress is still at 90% and now you are having struggle to translate the remaining last lines? Don't give up! Use our sacrified Genkidama-like energy to gain new power and face the problems!

P.S. I really want to help, but i think this is all i can do, urgh. :huh:

P.P.S. I haven't played the VN yet, because i want your translation to get the full experience. For IMHHW was is the right decision and i think here is it the same! ;)

58 minutes ago, DrDekker said:

Is it right that the progress is still at 90% and now you are having struggle to translate the remaining last lines? Don't give up! Use our sacrified Genkidama-like energy to gain new power and face the problems!

I wish it was at 90% :D That's definitely far away from the truth. Only 1/4 heroine H-scenes are translated and when I finish editing, the TL will move on. And I am not planning on giving up, thank you ^_^

1 hour ago, DrDekker said:

P.S. I really want to help, but i think this is all i can do, urgh. :huh:

Don't worry. I got more help than I expected I would, so all is fine :)

1 hour ago, DrDekker said:

P.P.S. I haven't played the VN yet, because i want your translation to get the full experience. For IMHHW was is the right decision and i think here is it the same! ;)

IMHHW took a lot of time, and this project will also take a lot of time too. That's why I keep telling people not to bother waiting. But if you want the ultimate experience, yeah, perhaps it'd be worth a wait ;)

On 7/29/2018 at 1:37 PM, Infernoplex said:

IMHHW took a lot of time, and this project will also take a lot of time too. That's why I keep telling people not to bother waiting. But if you want the ultimate experience, yeah, perhaps it'd be worth a wait ;)

Konosora took almost 5 years and it was definitly worth the wait, basically it was a translation patch for the japanese version, much better than the abomination known as the "official release" that MoeNovel released in 2013, this way you can experience the game in it's original unaltered japanese version but with english text.

I won't be playing A Sky Full of Stars until a fan-made patch gets released that restores the game to it's original japanese state.

Edited by Nier

20 minutes ago, Nier said:

Konosora took almost 5 years and it was definitly worth the wait, basically it was a translation patch for the japanese version, much better than the abomination known as the "official release" that MoeNovel released in 2013, this way you can experience the game in it's original unaltered japanese version but with english text.

I won't be playing A Sky Full of Stars until a fan-made patch gets released that restores the game to it's original japanese state.

I think I said this somewhere earlier before, but... in fact, I never finished my reading of Miazora xD And that last sentence you said is precisely why I stopped reading it. I wanted a full, unaltered, uncensored VN, and it's what motivated me to begin this journey. Yeah, it's going slow because I am a terribly slow guy (and also might be a little bit of a perfectionist), but I am very motivated. I think that the help I managed to find so far is very good and I couldn't ask for more. It's more than I had hoped I would get by making this thread here on Fuwa. This might sound selfish and egoistic a bit, but my main motivation for this came because I wanted this patch the most. Yeah, others will definitively benefit out of this patch too (including the shitty Moenovel that might get its entire mess fixed) but my main reason for doing this was because I wanted it the most. So yeah, if I were in your shoes (and anyone else for that matter who feels the same way), I'd very likely feel the same way and wouldn't touch Miazora until a fanpatch for it came out ;)

I was originally super passionate about waiting to play this until the TL was done, but at the rate of 3 lines per day and seemingly very little community contribution to this project, I think I'm changing my mind. If it all comes down to H-scenes, I can get my faps elsewhere. IMHHW was an entirely different situation, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Once I finish this title, I might run through it again later for the fan-TL'd parts, though. Definitely keep up the good work though!

1 hour ago, voidpointer said:

I was originally super passionate about waiting to play this until the TL was done, but at the rate of 3 lines per day and seemingly very little community contribution to this project, I think I'm changing my mind. If it all comes down to H-scenes, I can get my faps elsewhere. IMHHW was an entirely different situation, but that doesn't seem to be the case here. Once I finish this title, I might run through it again later for the fan-TL'd parts, though. Definitely keep up the good work though!

That's why I said what I said earlier :) Waiting on this for years might not be a good idea, and only God knows if I'll survive long enough to finish it. It's a fan-project after all, and that's how everyone should look at this. It can come out in 2 years or 4 years or never. My current speed on working on it is also influenced by how much real life stuff I have to deal with, so it cannot go as fast as, say, official MangaGamer localization project. So yeah, I support you in dropping the wait for this ^_^ And thanks :D

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Veshurik said:

Finishing the cases is really difficult thing nowadays, huh?

Because usually we are taking more than can bite.

I think what we lack here is the motivation. Also while I still want to see the sex scenes to be translated, I understand if the translator here is quite busy with the real life. That said since you looks like want to see this going through, perhaps you can give them a helping hand and hopefully could relieve the burden of the translator.

I'm kinda busy with other stuff at the moment, so I obviously can't devote my 100% to it. I still work on it when I have free time. Anyway, for those interested, it seems Moenovel is gonna release Flight Diary soon:

I guess this is a good sign for those who wanted to see Fine Days translated. I am guessing they are gonna do Snow Presents and Fine Days after this. Maybe even Cocoro Function. That is, if they don't go broke or something.

32 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I'm kinda busy with other stuff at the moment, so I obviously can't devote my 100% to it. I still work on it when I have free time. Anyway, for those interested, it seems Moenovel is gonna release Flight Diary soon:

I guess this is a good sign for those who wanted to see Fine Days translated. I am guessing they are gonna do Snow Presents and Fine Days after this. Maybe even Cocoro Function. That is, if they don't go broke or something.

Finishing the cases is really difficult thing nowadays, huh?

2 hours ago, wyldstrykr said:

they announcing flight diary???? now im looking forward to flight diary retranslation for a decade or two

I don't think it'll need a reTL. If it's anything like A Sky Full of Starts, it'll be readable. Still, an FD without H is something I cannot look forward to. Meh from me.

2 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

If it's anything like A Sky Full of Starts, it'll be readable

Yeah, but the problem is that they get their tranlators completely randomly - so we cannot speculate about future releases' quality based on previous ones. After all, right after decent ASFOS they released horrible version of Cross Channel - RNG Gods weren't generous this time.

Edited by adamstan

Just now, adamstan said:

Yeah, but the problem is that they get their tranlators completely randomly - so we cannot speculate about future releases' quality based on previous ones. After all, right after ASFOS they released horrible version of Cross Channel - RNG Gods weren't generous this time.

Yeah, I know. I know that their TLers come from a random generator machine, so it's hard to foresee how all will turn out. Did you read that "Lifetime" or whatever its name was VN? Was the TL good there?

2 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Did you read that "Lifetime" or whatever its name was VN? Was the TL good there?

Yeah, perfectly readable, didn't have any problems with it. The only weird thing was "Obaa-sama" (the way Chisa adresses Machiko) translated to "Grandmama" ;)

Edited by adamstan

3 minutes ago, adamstan said:

Yeah, perfectly readable, didn't have any problems with it. The only weird thing was "Obaa-sama" (the way Chisa adresses Machiko) translated to "Grandmama" ;)

Well, in that case, I think Flight Diary may turn out just fine. Maybe? I have my doubts, but last 2 PULLTOP titles they did turned out "fine", so I guess the likelihood of RNG gods having mercy on us is 60%. Let's hope for the best xD