Just another person unsure what what I want

Sparteh

To put it simply, I am not sure what I want to read next. I just finished Shinigami no Testament, Ayakashibito (to much h-scenes), Evolimit and Baldr Sky Dive 1/2 in row. Baldr was so good that it left a hole that needs to be filled. I tried my best to come up with any conditions and here they are:

* I DO NOT want pure SLO. I would have read Clannad or Little Buster otherwise.

* Fantasy, Sci-fi, Horror or Detective type story please.

*VN with an actual plot. 

2 hours ago, Sparteh said:

To put it simply, I am not sure what I want to read next. I just finished Shinigami no Testament, Ayakashibito (to much h-scenes), Evolimit and Baldr Sky Dive 1/2 in row. Baldr was so good that it left a hole that needs to be filled. I tried my best to come up with any conditions and here they are:

*VN with an actual plot. 

Sci-Fi: Zero Escape, Infinity Series, Science Adventure series and Kono Hate YU-NO.

Fantasy: Dies Irae Series, Fate\Stay Night, Tsukihime.

Horror: Corpse Party Series, Shizuku no Oto.

Detective: Phoenix Wright Series, Cartagra\Pianismo\Kara no Shoujo series, Hotel Dusk.

EDIT: If you don't want pure SoL, stay away from the Moege and Charage genres.

EDIT 2: Yeah I know 80% of the games I recommend are either True Multiple Route Mystery games (Like Kara no Shoujo and Zero Escape) or has elements of it (Corpse Party and some of the Nasuverse games).

Edited by Guest

Recommendations in bold~ (Not rerecommending anything on your VNDB, but you seem to like good chuuni)

Danganronpa/999 -> Good mystery, fast paced, dark both series are really fast paced and good.

Cartagra/Kara No shoujo ->But you will likely have the too much h problem. Very good mystery. Bad endings are traumatic. Great experience. Its an MRM(Multiple Route Mystery)

Remember 11/Root double  -> Good mysteries. I liked them moar than ever 17 tbh

Dengeki Stryker -> ABove average chuuni I guess. Not to be taken to seriously. Not on the level of things like Fate.

+1 to Phoenix Wright and Corpse Party series, Loved them. More for the fun lawyer trials and final cases, than the overall game.

NOT READ IT PERSONALLY, but Rose Gun Days, is generally rated pretty highly and is made by the same people who made higurashi and Umineko which you rated highly on your VNDB so you may want to check that out.

Edited by Akshay

3 hours ago, Sparteh said:

*VN with an actual plot. 

Nanairo Reincarnation, then Akeiro Kaikitan after that.

Honestly, I suggest you take a break, though.  Running through all the best games of those types so fast will leave you nothing to play in the long run...

4 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Sci-Fi: Zero Escape, Infinity Series, Science Adventure series and Kono Hate YU-NO.

Fantasy: Dies Irae Series, Fate\Stay Night, Tsukihime.

Horror: Corpse Party Series, Shizuku no Oto.

Detective: Phoenix Wright Series, Cartagra\Pianismo\Kara no Shoujo series, Hotel Dusk.

EDIT: If you don't want pure SoL, stay away from the Moege and Charage genres.

EDIT 2: Yeah I know 80% of the games I recommend are either True Multiple Route Mystery games (Like Kara no Shoujo and Zero Escape) or has elements of it (Corpse Party and some of the Nasuverse games).

I have already finished most of the stuff you recommended. Though I was greatly interested in Kara no Shoujo series, but was pretty much completely spoiled about part 2. Knowing that ending, I lost all wish to read it. As for Infinity series, what else besides Ever 17 belongs to it?

2 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Danganronpa series could be a good change of pace if you're sick of SoL titles. :)

Analogue is also cool if you're willing to try something very atypical with sci-fi and investigation elements.

Read part 1 of Danganronpa. Didn't leave me very impressed..

2 hours ago, onorub said:

If you liked Baldr Sky, you could maybe try Baldr Force? I hear it's at least on par with Baldr Sky.

I heard that Sky and Force are equally good in terms of gaming, but don't know anything about story. I tend to avoid VNs with gaming overall.

2 hours ago, Akshay said:

Recommendations in bold~ (Not rerecommending anything on your VNDB, but you seem to like good chuuni)

Danganronpa/999 -> Good mystery, fast paced, dark both series are really fast paced and good.

Cartagra/Kara No shoujo ->But you will likely have the too much h problem. Very good mystery. Bad endings are traumatic. Great experience. Its an MRM(Multiple Route Mystery)

Remember 11/Root double  -> Good mysteries. I liked them moar than ever 17 tbh

Dengeki Stryker -> ABove average chuuni I guess. Not to be taken to seriously. Not on the level of things like Fate.

+1 to Phoenix Wright and Corpse Party series, Loved them. More for the fun lawyer trials and final cases, than the overall game.

NOT READ IT PERSONALLY, but Rose Gun Days, is generally rated pretty highly and is made by the same people who made higurashi and Umineko which you rated highly on your VNDB so you may want to check that out.

I already mentioned in this post, but I didn't really enjoy Danganronpa that much and was greatly spoiled about KnS.

33 minutes ago, Clephas said:

Nanairo Reincarnation, then Akeiro Kaikitan after that.

Honestly, I suggest you take a break, though.  Running through all the best games of those types so fast will leave you nothing to play in the long run...

The problem is that I have sort of addiction to reading AND I know how running out of what to read means. Besides VNs I have read over 300 different manga and 300 different Chinese, Japanese and Korean novels. I literally have nothing to read. Btw. Is there any particular reason why you recommend Nanairo before Akeiro? 

6 minutes ago, Kurisu-Chan said:

As always, dumbfounded by the lack of Steins;Gate and Gahkthun.

Read both ages ago

11 minutes ago, Sparteh said:

(...)As for Infinity series, what else besides Ever 17 belongs to it?

Never 7 is the first title, it is different from the rest since it is not a sci-fi with SoL elements, it is SoL with Sci-fi elements, BUT, from what I heard if you can get past the SoL oriented common route and enter the character routes shit gets good. (Though use a guide so you can see the introductory route first)

Remember 11 is the third title, it has a lot of little nods to N7 and E17, the multiple route mystery aspect is still present and strong, but, the plot is very interpretative here with a very open final ending.

12riven (untranslated): Dunno much about it, some people say it is decent, other say it is as good as the other tiles, other shit on it ;o/

Code_18: People tend to dislike this, so I dunno if I'm the best person to talk 'bout it.

Edited by Guest

7 hours ago, Sparteh said:

The problem is that I have sort of addiction to reading AND I know how running out of what to read means. Besides VNs I have read over 300 different manga and 300 different Chinese, Japanese and Korean novels. I literally have nothing to read. Btw. Is there any particular reason why you recommend Nanairo before Akeiro? 

Simple... Akeiro is based in the same region, a few years after Nanairo Reincarnation, and the characters from Nanairo (or at least the protagonist, the zashiki warashi, and the three oni do) make an appearance in several of the paths.  The game assumes you did Kotori's path, so do her path last, if you plan to head straight for Akeiro afterward.