Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

On 1/4/2021 at 4:37 AM, Trollwut said:

Hi, thanks for the reply, but the one from that link is pretty much the same with the one i currently use.

Also, I can't seem to extract the append data with the extractor

You definitely can, it works with all games since Kamidori. How are you trying to run it? You have to give it the .AAI file

First off, great work with the translation. Been following the project for quite some time and it's great to see it coming this far!

I have a weird problem, if anyone got an idea for me.

When the game loads, like transitioning scenes and so, and while the text is getting displayed (not happening when text speed is instant) my pc makes high-pitched noises.

I was looking to fiddle around with the options(not the ingame ones, those are obv fine) and see if I could fix it somehow, but couldn't find a translated version. Is one around and are there even things you can't already change ingame?

Best Regards

Edited by Awazro

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hey people. Sorry if I'm asking about something that has been addressed before. A search thread function would be nice to avoid that but anyway (wait for me to find out it exists but I didn't know about it :D) .

I've got the issues where the game CTD whenever I start a new game, it seems to crash as soon as narration begins. I've read about having your system locale on Japanese and installing Japanese Supplemental Fonts, but I already had it all on before playing Kami no Rhapsody, probably some other game from Eushully required it. I tried reinstalling the font and switching Japanese locale off then on again, and even changed time/date display to Japanese, the game still CTD. I also noticed that it crashes when trying to enter ADV setting from main menu, which make me think the issue is the font that is automatically selected by Default. I downloaded the Russian patch( as I understand Russian) and that actually works fine so far, but I really prefer to play in English, even thou Russian if my first language , years of playing everything in English made me more comfortable with it for videogames and movies alike. Maybe someone had the same issue, or has a solution? I am more than sure that it is something to do with the default font of the english version. The russian has Tahoma on by default btw.

• 2 months later...

Please, can someone tell me exactly which font is used to display english dialogues? My game crashes right when loading the first dialogue in-game. The game worked fine in japanese, though. The fact it crashes right when loading the dialogue strongly suggest I'm missing the required font. I'm having the same problem when changing tabs in the in-game Options as well, which also leds me to think I'm missing some specific font there.

Thank you.

On 1/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, Ferlucio said:

Hey people. Sorry if I'm asking about something that has been addressed before. A search thread function would be nice to avoid that but anyway (wait for me to find out it exists but I didn't know about it :D) .

I've got the issues where the game CTD whenever I start a new game, it seems to crash as soon as narration begins. I've read about having your system locale on Japanese and installing Japanese Supplemental Fonts, but I already had it all on before playing Kami no Rhapsody, probably some other game from Eushully required it. I tried reinstalling the font and switching Japanese locale off then on again, and even changed time/date display to Japanese, the game still CTD. I also noticed that it crashes when trying to enter ADV setting from main menu, which make me think the issue is the font that is automatically selected by Default. I downloaded the Russian patch( as I understand Russian) and that actually works fine so far, but I really prefer to play in English, even thou Russian if my first language , years of playing everything in English made me more comfortable with it for videogames and movies alike. Maybe someone had the same issue, or has a solution? I am more than sure that it is something to do with the default font of the english version. The russian has Tahoma on by default btw.

lol just realized you seems to have the same problem as me. I'm using AppLocale, btw.

EDIT: I got it solved but it's kinda bothersome. I realized that the game won't work with AppLocale at all. It'll only work properly if you fully change the OS to japanese. I even tried to change the game fonts in the Options, but then if I change the OS back to ocidental some characters won't display even if I change the fonts. So if you want to play the game, do it in fully japanese OS.

Edited by kaisen

1 hour ago, kaisen said:

Please, can someone tell me exactly which font is used to display english dialogues? My game crashes right when loading the first dialogue in-game. The game worked fine in japanese, though. The fact it crashes right when loading the dialogue strongly suggest I'm missing the required font. I'm having the same problem when changing tabs in the in-game Options as well, which also leds me to think I'm missing some specific font there.

Thank you.

lol just realized you seems to have the same problem as me. I'm using AppLocale, btw.

EDIT: I got it solved but it's kinda bothersome. I realized that the game won't work with AppLocale at all. It'll only work properly if you fully change the OS to japanese. I even tried to change the game fonts in the Options, but then if I change the OS back to ocidental some characters won't display even if I change the fonts. So if you want to play the game, do it in fully japanese OS.

you need to download supplemental fonts, for some reason Windows 10 doesn't do it automatically. https://cedarcrest.teamdynamix.com/TDClient/2020/Portal/KB/ArticleDet?ID=85284

On 1/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, Ferlucio said:

I'll take a look but I don't think that's the problem. Like, if I run Kamidori Alchemy Meister with japanese OS, change the fonts, change the OS back to occidental and play the game it'll display fonts just fine. But the same trick won't work on Kami no Rhapsody. If I start Kami no Rhapsody in japanese OS I have dozens of japanese fonts to chose from in the game Config and they work fine, but once it's changed back to occidental OS it'll just look bad no matter what font I use:

3d9MT6nL_o.jpg

Other programs displays japanese just fine no matter if I use occidental OS so my OS have japanese support already, but in case anything change for the better I'll post here. Thank you.

Edited by kaisen

4 hours ago, kaisen said:

Your Non-Unicode Language just needs to be set to Japanese nothing else, I've never used AppLocale on anything and it is never required and should never be recommended.

15 hours ago, Shaun said:

Your Non-Unicode Language just needs to be set to Japanese nothing else, I've never used AppLocale on anything and it is never required and should never be recommended.

OMG! That solved! I was used to always change everything to japanese and never really paid attention. I just changed the non-unicode language to japanese, now my OS is still in my native language but runs the game with proper fonts. No need for third party softwares.

Now I can enjoy this awesome translation no problems!

Thank you so much!!!

Edited by kaisen

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 years later...

Pretty obvious that the answer is none at all, which is understandable if the translator is busy with real life. That said, perhaps we may as well hoping Depravity working on this even with him using DeepL and all, although I don't exactly know if he would like Grasesta or not.

Edited by littleshogun