Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

19 hours ago, Veshen10 said:

thank you so much for the hard work! if it's that close then i'll just keep waiting till you guys are done with it all before i keep going. i played a while back and stopped when i got to a part...i think it was chapter 2? but when i got back to the "city, after a near death experience" i entered a dialog for the first time with the animal lady and it was in full Japanese text. i kinda like her the most so i didnt want to skip over it. i didnt find anything other than that but it's not like i was looking for text errors while i was playing. i forgot to mention it last time XD

Tried not to spoil it for others with the " " in that part. hope u can still find it XD

Hello,

I think the part you're talking about is an event with Glarissa at the end of chapter 2. I've been told about this by other people who have also used the partial patch as well.
Now, as for why this part is untranslated... While this event occurs at the end of chapter 2, it's actually part of chapter 3 script. And since chapter 3 is not in the patch, this event isn't as well. I could have included this event when I was making the patch, but well, I kind of forgot about this event and its misplacement, so... XD
I'll be sure to include it in the next patch (whenever it comes out XD).

On 16/05/2019 at 10:41 PM, flamepaladin said:

Hello,

There are 11 chapters in total, including the prologue.
As for what's still untranslated... I can't give you an exact number since well, I don't exactly count, but there are still quite a lot left. We still have the loser's maze, the new game+ events, Mistoria's route. Other than that, there are also the character profiles, the in-game terminologies, etc.
Overall, I'd say we've translated about 70% of the game.

i thought only the first 3 chapters of the game: Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2 was translated?
but now its 70% of the game? 

3 hours ago, IamZX said:

i thought only the first 3 chapters of the game: Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2 was translated?
but now its 70% of the game? 

Hello,

While only the first 3 chapters of the game are included in the partial patch, that doesn't mean only those 3 chapters are translated.
As for why the other chapters aren't included in the patch, other than the fact that they aren't polished (the same can be said for the chapters included in the patch though XD), I'd say the biggest reason is the playability. Since KnR is also a SRPG, other than the scripts for the story, there are many other things that need to be translated such as units, skills, missions, etc. And if I'm going to release a patch, I want all the chapters included in that patch to be playable in English. This means that at the very least, all the units, skills, stages and missions must be translated. I mean, what's the point of releasing a patch for a game if the player can't even understand what they're supposed to do, right? XD

On 22/05/2019 at 3:24 AM, flamepaladin said:

Hello,

While only the first 3 chapters of the game are included in the partial patch, that doesn't mean only those 3 chapters are translated.
As for why the other chapters aren't included in the patch, other than the fact that they aren't polished (the same can be said for the chapters included in the patch though XD), I'd say the biggest reason is the playability. Since KnR is also a SRPG, other than the scripts for the story, there are many other things that need to be translated such as units, skills, missions, etc. And if I'm going to release a patch, I want all the chapters included in that patch to be playable in English. This means that at the very least, all the units, skills, stages and missions must be translated. I mean, what's the point of releasing a patch for a game if the player can't even understand what they're supposed to do, right? XD

ok i see i understand.
will be waiting for the completion =) 

• 2 weeks later...

Well 1st things 1st hats off to you for your hard work. Eushully games are notorious for having LOOOOOOOOOOONG scripts and finicky coding so any1 even attempting to translate one of them is worthy of respect if nothing else. Also while this might be a weird question but is this a 1-time thing or are you going on a crusade against the injustice of literally all Eushully games outside of Kamidori having no proper english tl? Keep up the good work.

4 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

Well 1st things 1st hats off to you for your hard work. Eushully games are notorious for having LOOOOOOOOOOONG scripts and finicky coding so any1 even attempting to translate one of them is worthy of respect if nothing else. Also while this might be a weird question but is this a 1-time thing or are you going on a crusade against the injustice of literally all Eushully games outside of Kamidori having no proper english tl? Keep up the good work.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your encouragement ^^.
Now, as for whether we'll work on other Eushully games... Tbh, I don't know XD. I mean, we haven't even finished with this one yet lol.
Personally, if I can find the time, then I do want to work on other untranslated VNs, Eushully or not. But for now, there's nothing concrete. Let's see how things go after this project is completed :P.

Hello.

First of all, I'll like to thank you guys for picking up this game and translating it.

So I'll like to know when will you release the full translation patch.

Now for my most and important question, when you are done translating Kami no rhapsody will you translate other Eushully games and if so will you mind picking up 

Title: Sankai Ou no Yubiwa

Original title: 珊海王の円環

https://vndb.org/v18683

and if not...well dang I'm just happy to have another Eushully game translated.

2 hours ago, DarkDarx said:

Hello.

First of all, I'll like to thank you guys for picking up this game and translating it.

So I'll like to know when will you release the full translation patch.

Now for my most and important question, when you are done translating Kami no rhapsody will you translate other Eushully games and if so will you mind picking up 

Title: Sankai Ou no Yubiwa

Original title: 珊海王の円環

https://vndb.org/v18683

and if not...well dang I'm just happy to have another Eushully game translated.

dude, why not look at literally one single post above yours, as i believe his statement regarding anything that (might) comes later should´ve been pretty clear.

Edited by SaintOfVoid

13 hours ago, SaintOfVoid said:

dude, why not look at literally one single post above yours, as i believe his statement regarding anything that (might) comes later should´ve been pretty clear.

Sorry man, I literally didn't see that post last night (Early-morning) maybe I was too tired or wasn't focusing on the previous post or who posted last.

Now that I'm fully awake and energized I realized what a stupid question I asked XD,  last night (Early-morning)

So I do apologize for asking a stupid question.  

On 01/01/2018 at 5:55 PM, flamepaladin said:

Hello everyone.

Before going into the project, here's some information regarding the game:
- Kami no Rhapsody (https://vndb.org/v16341) is a VN/SRPG hybrid by the company Eushully, the same company that made Kamidori Alchemy Meister.
- Sypnosis (taken from VNDB, with some changes made to go with our translation patch):

Reveal hidden contents

The great plains of Kvarner spreads out from the border between the western part and the central plains of the Raulbash continent. This was the territory of the demi-humans who have resided here peacefully for thousands of years.

One time, the ‘Divine Enforcer’, the ruler of the southeastern plains who is close to God, declared that he would train a successor to inherit his immense power and knowledge. With those words, he opened the gates to the holy land, ‘Shrine of the End’. The Successor Candidates were bestowed the privilege to explore the previously-sealed area and various abilities by the Divine Enforcer, to overcome the severe trials that lay before them.

Youths from all races and religions heeded this call and gathered together, including the young researcher Elballad who left his hometown to seek wisdom and the unknown. There will only be one Successor. With honour, wisdom, power and wealth, along with the expectations of their hometowns, a fierce competition is about to begin.

Team member:
Translator: FlamePaladin
Translation Checker: Danywar
Editor: Vuken
Image Editor: glupak
Helper(?): nylios

Now that the team is fully assembled, there's no immediate need to recruit any more member.
However, If you want to join the team in any position, please feel free to contact me. The more the merrier after all, right :P?

Here's some information regarding the partial patch:

Reveal hidden contents

- The patch contains the first 3 chapters of the game: Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
- All tutorial images and basic info images are also included in the patch. Though there are still some Japanese text in them, all of the help texts have been translated. I'm sure they'll prove helpful if you decide to play the game with this patch ^^.
- Unfortunately. we weren't able to finish the Menu Images in time for this patch. However, you can use ZAP Interface Patch in case you need them. Though there are some differences, there shouldn't be any glaring differences.
- While the God Medal Icons aren't translated, their descriptions are fully translated. If you use ZAP Patch, some God Medals icons will be translated. However, please keep in mind that their translation may be different from ours.
- The Map Icons aren't translated, but the Stage Names when selecting stages are fully translated. If you find it hard to navigate like this, please use ZAP Patch. Though there will be differences, they should be similar enough for you to understand where to go next.
- The missions, sub-missions and dialogues for each stages are also fully translated. All units and their descriptions on the battlefield are also translated.
- Since the Append is not fully translated, it is not included in this patch. This also includes the Loser's Maze. That's why please remain on the winner's side for now :P.

How to use the partial patch(for both this patch and ZAP patch):
- All you have to do is extract the patch(es) in the root directory of the game and everything should work fine. Please tell me if there's any problem. I'll see what I can do.
- If you use ZAP patch, please apply their patch first, and apply ours afterwards.

Special thanks:
- Huang Yin Ling and maefdomn for their very useful threads.
- binaryfail for helping me find the tools to work on this patch.
- SaintLouisX, asmodean and Aroduc for their tools.
- Special thanks to Kirashi for motivating me to work on this patch, and for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
- Special thanks to Mr Poltroon for your work as an editor in this project. Though it was short, I really appreciated your help ^^.
- Special thanks to Danywar. Thank you very much for joining the team as the Translation Checker. I'll be counting on you a lot from now on :P.
- Special thanks to glupak. Thank you very much for joining the team as the Image Editor. I'll be looking forward to working with you ^^.
- Special thanks to Vuken. Thank you very much for joining as our Editor. Tbh, I don't even know if you're in this forums lol. In any case, I'll be counting on you to make our patch readable XD.
- Special thanks to nylios. Thank you very much for joining the team. I'll be counting on you for a lot of things, so prepare yourself :P.

Finally, here's the link to the partial patch:
MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#F!MstRHI6S!bQVaRTSLnwQPNjYuCJKfpw

Please keep in mind that this is not the final version of the translation. We'll continue to improve it, so there may be some differences between this patch and the final patch. Please think of this patch as a teaser of sort, a taste of what is to come :P.
Though I've played through and checked this patch, I may still have missed something. If you notice any problem (typos, text display problem, etc.), we'd appreciate it if you could take a screenshot and send it to us. We'll fix it for the next patch.
Any feedback is very welcome. That's why if you use this patch, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what we should improve/change.

This is everything from me for now. If you took your time to read that wall of text, thank you very much. Even if you didn't, thank you for showing enough interest to click on the thread.

See you!

Hello, 

I have an issue with the patch for some strange reason, whenever I click start and wait for the dialog to appear the game freezes just for about 3 seconds before closing.

Do you by any chance know how to fix it are I'm I doing something wrong?

Because I followed the steps and that's what's happening to me but if I remove your patch and keep Zap's patch the game play's without an issue.

I've tried to just use just your patch but the same result as what I stated above.

Any help would be Awesome.

Edited by Mr Poltroon
Quote was broken, so a mod edited it

8 hours ago, DarkDarx said:

Hello, 

I have an issue with the patch for some strange reason, whenever I click start and wait for the dialog to appear the game freezes just for about 3 seconds before closing.

Do you by any chance know how to fix it are I'm I doing something wrong?

Because I followed the steps and that's what's happening to me but if I remove your patch and keep Zap's patch the game play's without an issue.

I've tried to just use just your patch but the same result as what I stated above.

Any help would be Awesome.

Hello,

Thank you for notifying me about this problem. Tbh, I've never heard of this before...

For now, please update the game to version 1.01 if you haven't already. You can check the game's version at the title screen.
Other than that, can you please take a screenshot of when the problem occurs? I'll try and see if there's anything I can do.

On 6/10/2019 at 9:07 PM, flamepaladin said:

Hello,

Thank you for notifying me about this problem. Tbh, I've never heard of this before...

For now, please update the game to version 1.01 if you haven't already. You can check the game's version at the title screen.
Other than that, can you please take a screenshot of when the problem occurs? I'll try and see if there's anything I can do.

Hello,

Thanks for the reply, I checked to see my game version and it was a standard 1.0 so just updated and reapplied the patches and everything is working no more issues.

Thanks for the Help!

And can't wait for the full patch.

Well, Enjoy the rest of your day.

Hello everyone,
Though a little late, I'm back with another progress update.

For the translation, the script for the append and New Game+ is about 80% translated.
Dany and Vuken are continuing with the tlc and edit for chapter 2 respectively.
Nylios will continue to translate the In-Game Terminologies.
Glupak will also continue with his work on the Menu Images.

We've been a bit busy irl, so there wasn't much progress. But now that summer is here, maybe we'll be able to find more time to spend on this project :P.

In any case, that's all for now.
Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^.

On 6/19/2019 at 1:17 AM, Mannaroh said:

As a somewhat knowledgeable person i feel obligated to ask about the progress of editing/coding since translating a vn is usually the "easy" part. Thank you for your work regardless of the answer to the question above.

Hello,

Actually, the coding is the 'easier' part for us. I mean, we aren't writing the codes ourselves, we are just using the tools others have created. So other than finding the tools, we don't really have to do anything. All the awesome programmers out there have already done the hard work for us.
As for the progress of transferring the translated text into the game, most of what I've translated is already put into the game. And for now, I haven't encountered any problem yet. So I'd say things are going well?

Yeah, I think so, create tool is 'hard' and isn't everyone who understand, but basically the hacker in a group just need work in the begin and the end of the project... (usually 2 weeks...?) but the translator, editors, QC and etc need keep the work for years usually, then, is more 'easy' but is more 'exhausting' than the coder work.

Edited by marcus-beta

9 hours ago, Nier said:

How's the story in this game? Is it better than the story from Kamidori Alchemy Meister at least?

isnt that something you gotta find out/know for yourself? imagine going to a random person and asking "is the color blue better than the color yellow" They tell you, and you be like "okay thanks"

but yeah, i think it is so far, but it's most likely due to the fact it's been a while since i played a (eushully <--prolly murdered that) type game. hope this doesnt influence your personal choice though.