Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

On 8/24/2018 at 2:45 AM, Mr Poltroon said:

Moved to the appropriate section now that this is a full project! Good luck.

Also, sorry I haven't gotten back to you on that PM yet.

Thank you.

Don't worry about it too much, it's nothing important anyway. You can just check it out when you have the time ^^.

21 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I just saw the project here, and to be honest I'd just look through this now. As for my opinion, while this is one of Eushully VNs with slightly less favorable gameplay to me here (I'll try this if I have time, so I may change the opinion in regard of the gameplay), it should be good if we have more translated Eushully VNs so good luck on the translation project and hopefully you'll see through this until the end.

While there are some problems, I think the gameplay is quite fun. This is just my personal opinion, but since there are quite a lot of sub-quests, it provides some sort of challenges to keep me interested as well.

Thank you for your encouraging words ^^. I'll try my best to see this project through.

• 2 weeks later...

Usually I just lurk around the forms, but I had to make a account just to thank you immensely for taking the time to translate this long VN! I wish I could help in any way possible but sadly I don't have any of those necessary skills that's required to pitch in. I hope that you find a team that would help take some work off your shoulder. I'm very much looking forward to your complete translation on Kami no Rhapsody!

42 minutes ago, DracMi said:

Usually I just lurk around the forms, but I had to make a account just to thank you immensely for taking the time to translate this long VN! I wish I could help in any way possible but sadly I don't have any of those necessary skills that's required to pitch in. I hope that you find a team that would help take some work off your shoulder. I'm very much looking forward to your complete translation on Kami no Rhapsody!

Well, you don't have to join the team to help me. Seeing you coming here, encouraging me like this is plenty of support already. Knowing that there are people looking forward to the completion of the project is what motivates me to continue working on it ^^.
So, thank you very much for your encouragement. I don't know when I'll update the patch, but I'll make sure it's worth the wait once I do update it. Please look forward to it ^^.

Hello everyone,
I'm back with another small update.

First of all, about the translation, I'm about half-way through chapter 7. If things go well, I may be able to finish chapter 7 within this month.

Secondly, and probably the more important news of the two, Danywar has joined the team as the Translation Checker. Since my Japanese is still not very good yet, his addition will surely improve the quality of the translation.

I think that's about it for this update.
See you ^^.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I'm back with another progress update.

About the translation, I've finished with the translation of chapter 7, just in time for it to still be within this month XD. I'll start working on chapter 8 soon.

As for the translation check, Danywar has already gone through the prologue. He's currently working on chapter 1, with about 10-15% of it already done.

After all the good news, there's the bad news. We still haven't been able to find an Editor or Image Editor yet. I'll try my best to assemble the whole team as soon as possible. For now, please wait a little longer.
Of course, whether or not the team is fully assembled, we'll continue working on our own parts. Worst case scenario, we'll put some kind of edit in ourselves and release the patch XD. But well, let's hope it won't come to that.

I think that's about it for this update.
Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone,

The translation for chapter 8 is now under way. Currently, about 10-15% of the script has been translated.
As for the translation check, Danywar is continuing with his work on chapter 1.

We've been quite busy so there hasn't been much progress, but I'll try my best to work on it whenever I can get some free time.

I think that's about it this time.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

Just wanted to give another thank you to the team.  The Eushully games were a ton of fun and have been what I think of as a reference when I want to get my jrpg fix.  I don't know if there's any way I can help at the moment but I started learning Japanese recently (English primary) and would love to help with this or another Eushully project once I'm at a level capable of it.  These games should be what help represent the VN/anime jrpg community, not the short hentai cash grabs that have been getting localized lately.

Thanks again and good luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
Here's an update on how things are going.

For the translation, I've finished with chapter 8 and is now working on chapter 9. I think about 40-50% of chapter 9 has been translated.
For the translation check, Danywar is still working on chapter 1. The progress has been a bit slow since he's quite busy irl.

Other than that, we've finally found an editor for the project! Danywar has asked his friend, a writer, to help us with editing the script.
Now, we only need to find an image editor and the team will be complete.

That's about it for this update.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, +StrikeR+ said:

Another Eushully Fan here, thank you very much for your effort into this VN i'm really looking forward to it, best of luck!

PS: Out of curiosity what does the image editor exactly have to do ?

Hello,

Thank you for your encouragement ^^.

As for the image editor, I guess the most important task is changing the Japanese text in the images to English. There are a lot of images with text in this game such as the tutorials, the God Medals (skills), the stages, etc.
While ZAP has already released an interface patch for the game with most of the images translated, there are some mistakes in there. I want to fix those mistakes and have the remaining images translated for my patch.

If you are on chapter 9 and there are 11 chapters then maybe you can finish the patch untill the end of the year? Also thanks for translating I've played one other eushully game and it wasn't bad(lost my save file tho). I'd help with the images if it's simple work - I can't redraw stuff or do any complex stuff in PS.

Edited by glupak

Hello everyone,
I'm here with the first update of this year :P.

I've finished my first playthrough of Kami no Rhapsody. And that also means I've finished translating the game on Lavirie's route (Yay!)
Now, I'll go through my second playthrough for Mistoria's route, the appends and the New Game+ contents. I'll take this chance to translate the information screen and some other side texts as well.

On a different note, I can't believe I've been doing this for a year already lol. At first, it was just a small project I started to improve my Japanese. But now, it has become a full project aiming to release a full patch for the game XD. Well, I'm having fun so I guess it all worked out :P?
In any case, I'm very grateful that there are so many people supporting this project. I'll try my best to give you the patch you've all been waiting for (hopefully, within this year :P)

That's about it this time.
Thank you very much for reading and for your support over the last year. Though it's a bit late, Happy New Year everyone ^^.

14 minutes ago, glupak said:

If you are on chapter 9 and there are 11 chapters then maybe you can finish the patch untill the end of the year? Also thanks for translating I've played one other eushully game and it wasn't bad(lost my save file tho). I'd help with the images if it's simple work - I can't redraw stuff or do any complex stuff in PS.

Hello,
As mentioned in the update post above, I've finished with the game on Lavirie's route. With that said, there are still a lot of other untranslated I have to work on.
As for whether or not the patch will be released within this year, well... I hope so? I'll try my best to have the full patch ready within this year.

As for the images, I'm not very well-versed in image editing so I can't say if it's going to simple or not XD. But well, from what I've seen, some of the texts in the images have their own text boxes so they should be quite simple? As for the other, they may require some redraw since they're right on top of the images? I can't say for sure though.
If you want, I can send you some images for you to look at?

Hey, let me start this by saying I'm really thankful that you are translating this game. I hope more Eushully games get translated. Eushully have some great stories and characters.

I'm a fan of VNs (great story/long VNs specially (kara no shoujo for example)) but the language barrier has away's been a problem for me.So once again - Thank you very much for your effort and all the time spend doing this.

I want to ask are there going to be more (unfinished,for example- Lavirie's route patch)patches before the full translation? The MEGA link patch was last updated almost a year ago.

If no - I can wait there is no rush. When it's done, it's done.

Edited by 1v0

Man you are the best! You cannot begin to comprehend the gratitude I feel. I wanted to play this game ever since I first started playing VN which was back in 2016. Take your time in completing this. Just knowing that someone is working on it is enough for me. Your English is nice so I don't doubt that this will be an awesome translation. Once again man thank you.

8 hours ago, 1v0 said:

Hey, let me start this by saying I'm really thankful that you are translating this game. I hope more Eushully games get translated. Eushully have some great stories and characters.

I'm a fan of VNs (great story/long VNs specially (kara no shoujo for example)) but the language barrier has away's been a problem for me.So once again - Thank you very much for your effort and all the time spend doing this.

I want to ask are there going to be more (unfinished,for example- Lavirie's route patch)patches before the full translation? The MEGA link patch was last updated almost a year ago.

If no - I can wait there is no rush. When it's done, it's done.

Hello,

Thank you for your encouraging words ^^.

As for the patch, I don't mind releasing a partial patch or two before the full patch. Rather, I'm actually considering doing so in the near future to get some feedback. However, even if it's a partial patch, I want to make sure it's properly playable in English. Which means that at the very least, I want to have the missions, the God Medals (skills), the character information (at least for the main characters) of the chapters in the partial patch translated.
I'm currently working on those right now, so maybe I'll be able to get a partial patch ready in a month or so? It probably won't be for the whole Lavirie's route since that's quite a lot of stuffs I have to get done, but I think it'll have the first few chapters.

As for the MEGA link, it's probably better not to use the patch in there. Most of the terminologies and translations have changed since then (it's been a long time after all XD). There are also some bugs on the text as well iirc. But well, you can use it to see how this project looked like at the beginning XD.
If I do release the partial patch, I'll probably continue to use that link. I'll post an update when that happens.

On 1/12/2019 at 10:40 AM, flamepaladin said:

Hello,

Thank you for your encouragement ^^.

As for the image editor, I guess the most important task is changing the Japanese text in the images to English. There are a lot of images with text in this game such as the tutorials, the God Medals (skills), the stages, etc.
While ZAP has already released an interface patch for the game with most of the images translated, there are some mistakes in there. I want to fix those mistakes and have the remaining images translated for my patch.

Damn i can't believe i forgot about the thread, sorry i also had a few health problems, can you PM me a few examples ? And with what needs to be actually written in them ? I could at least give it a try.

Hello everyone,
I'm here with an update. But this time, it's not a progress update, but rather, an update about the team!

Glupak has officially joined the team as our image editor!! And with him, we now have a full team to work on this project (finally XD).
This does not mean we won't be accepting any more members. As I've said before, the more the merrier. No matter what you can do, new members are always welcomed :P.

If you've read my reply to 1v0's question, you probably knew that I planned on releasing a partial patch in the near future.
While I don't know the exact time frame for that, I'll try to release it within a month or two. And now, you can look forward to some translated images this time as well :P.

Thank you for reading and see you again soon ^^.

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

On the translation side, the script for the Append and the New Game+ contents is about 10% translated.
As for the images, glupak has already edited all of the images for the tutorials. He's currently working on the images for the Basic Info.

Now, for the partial patch, I'll try to release it within this month or the next. Since glupak has edited the tutorial images, I'm sure you will have a much easier time playing through the game :P. I'll try to finish with the translation for the menu before the partial patch is released as well.

Thank you for reading and see you again soon ^^.

• 2 weeks later...