Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

Thank you so much for translating this game!

Just a question but is it normal for the sprites to entirely disappear and show up again when a character changes their facial expression sometimes while reading the story? I've already downloaded the 1.1 patch. I also downloaded the "Patch to fix error" from the eushully fandom page for this game. I'm not sure if there's any conflict between these two patches that's causes the story sprites to glitch up or whether the sprite hiccups are actually normal.

EDIT: Just realized this also happens for CGs where the game will black out for half a second while transitioning between different CGs of the same set i.e. when a character's facial expression changes. It looks kind of jarring but I'm not sure if it was like this in the original.

Edited by anonymoose

21 hours ago, anonymoose said:

Thank you so much for translating this game!

Just a question but is it normal for the sprites to entirely disappear and show up again when a character changes their facial expression sometimes while reading the story? I've already downloaded the 1.1 patch. I also downloaded the "Patch to fix error" from the eushully fandom page for this game. I'm not sure if there's any conflict between these two patches that's causes the story sprites to glitch up or whether the sprite hiccups are actually normal.

EDIT: Just realized this also happens for CGs where the game will black out for half a second while transitioning between different CGs of the same set i.e. when a character's facial expression changes. It looks kind of jarring but I'm not sure if it was like this in the original.

Hello,

First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.
Now for your problem, this problem doesn't happen in the original version. But since we added a ton of text, the game became kind of laggy. It should get better if you switch the ADV font to MS ゴジック.
The menu images aren't translated yet though. So you can either use ZAP's interface patch, or you can go to Options->ADV, then click the button at the ADV space and change the font to MS ゴジック.

Edited by flamepaladin

14 hours ago, flamepaladin said:

Hello,

First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.
Now for your problem, this problem doesn't happen in the original version. But since we added a ton of text, the game became kind of laggy. It should get better if you switch the ADV font to MS ゴジック.
The menu images aren't translated yet though. So you can either use ZAP's interface patch, or you can go to Options->ADV, then click the button at the ADV space and change the font to MS ゴジック.

Thanks! I was afraid that I messed up when applying the patch and would have to reinstall/shift stuff around but am glad that isn't the case.

Thanks for the translation but I have a problem with the full screen feature. There's a small black bar on the left that shifts the game display towards the right a little which cause the right side of the screen to be not visible. I can't see the full 'Navigate' on the world map. Tried changing my screen resolution but doesn't seem to be working. Anyone got a fix for this?

Hello,

On 1/7/2020 at 5:25 AM, pedomudkip said:

Thanks for the translation but I have a problem with the full screen feature. There's a small black bar on the left that shifts the game display towards the right a little which cause the right side of the screen to be not visible. I can't see the full 'Navigate' on the world map. Tried changing my screen resolution but doesn't seem to be working. Anyone got a fix for this?

I'm sorry but I've never heard of this problem before...
I thought it might be because you weren't using 16:9 resolution, but since you've tried changing the resolution, I don't think that's the cause...

23 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

What still untranslated after the interface + text patch?

Most, if not all, of the game is alrdy translated. However, they aren't TLC-ed and edited yet, so they are still unpolished.
As for the interface, since our translation is different from ZAP's, we can't exactly use their interface patch for our final version. That's why we're editing the images again for our final patch.

So you managed to have unedited text patch as belated Christmas prize here? In any case I'm apologize in that I've been wrong when I said that there's no Christmas release here, and congratulation for the patch release here. As for my feedback, I'm not quite good on the flaw of the words here so let's just say that perhaps you may fix the typo such as 'ang' in the prologue (I can only find that one so far).

Hello,

On 1/10/2020 at 5:06 AM, desdevilize said:

https://imgur.com/a/MsUEOFY

Game always crashes after this point, cant start NG+

@pedomudkip

You can fix it temporarily by going into windowed mode and then going fullscreen again, at least I can and I have a small bar on the right side of my screen where it shows me my desktop wallpaper.

If you don't mind, can you tell me a few things about the crash?
- Whose route are you in?
- If you delete/move the SC0450.bin file in the root directory, can you go past that point? If yes, can you take a screenshot of the beginning of the next part for me? Just 1 or 2 lines at the beginning of the next part is ok. Oh, and the SC0450 in root is our translation file, not the original game file, so it shouldn't break the game even if you delete/move it.

On 1/10/2020 at 11:34 AM, littleshogun said:

So you managed to have unedited text patch as belated Christmas prize here? In any case I'm apologize in that I've been wrong when I said that there's no Christmas release here, and congratulation for the patch release here. As for my feedback, I'm not quite good on the flaw of the words here so let's just say that perhaps you may fix the typo such as 'ang' in the prologue (I can only find that one so far).

No need to apologize XD.
I didn't know if I could make it on time, so I didn't make any announcement after all. Well, good thing I did :P.
And thank you for pointing out the typo. We'll fix it in our next patch.

Mistoria route.

If I delete it I can progress past that scene just fine (wish Id tried this earlier lol), cant help much with a screenshot though since with everything being japanese I have no clue when I even reach the point where I used to crash before.

https://imgur.com/a/QHUGBRx

I think this is the line you wanted, but I make no guarantees.

Edited by desdevilize

3 hours ago, frontier14th said:

can we have translation for other eushully games also ? after finishing this game feels empty without new good story games

Translating VNs is not just a simple walk in the park the way you make it sound.... It takes effort, Dedication,, and most importantly  alot of ones Personal Time if its a FanTL.,,Anyways in regards to your Post..

http://www.zapinterlations.com/2018/05/amayui-castle-meister-translation.html

Is also Being TLed.. but not yet complete 

10 hours ago, frontier14th said:

can we have translation for other eushully games also ? after finishing this game feels empty without new good story games

Bruh, its already miracle a bunch of people dedicated their times to TL this game...

Just be thankful for what they did or support them if you can.

Don't ask anything else. Its disrespectful.

If you have time, just learn japanese by yourselves and play the game raw.

You can always try both of Soukoku no Arterial and Madou Koukaku if you've desperate, but better not seeing that the narration patch for those two are incomprehensible to understand (I only remember that Madou Koukaku was have slightly (Emphasis on slightly) better translation compared to Arterial. Lastly there's Kozukuri Banchou, although the gameplay is not usual Eushully one though (Don't worry about the translation, because this one is properly translated by Aroduc who also Kamidori's translator). Feel free to try those if you want more Eushully VNs, but beware of Madou Koukaku and Arterial incomprehensible translation, moreso if you didn't understand some general Japanese spoken words.

PS - By the way you better just don't ask the team to translate another VN, because usually the translator have their own business and personal preferrence (Not to mention that usually it would take a very long time to complete).

Edited by littleshogun

Hello everyone ^^.
I'm back with another update.

Now, before we move onto the progress update, I have another members update XD. Yuuko Shionji and Dark_Gamer have joined us as the editor and TL checker respectively ^^. Our team has become quite big now, hasn't it? XD
With their help, I'm sure the final patch will be in a much better shape than the partial patch, so please look forward to it ^^.

Now, on to the progress:
 - For the TLC/edit: Zones, stages, gods medals and many others other files have been TLC-ed and edited.
 - For the images: Images for zones', stages' and characters' names, as well as many others, have been edited. The god medals are also half-way edited.
We seriously blasted through the backlog with all the new members, didn't we? lol

Before ending the update, I have a small warning for everyone using our partial patch.
Thanks to @desdevilize, a crash has been found in Mistoria's normal ending. While I haven't received any other report, this crash may extend to other endings as well.
If you encounter this crash, you can delete 'SC0450.bin' from the root directory of the game to progress through the crash. However, since that is the translation file for the epilogue, the epilogue will be in Japanese if you do so. I am very sorry for the trouble.
I'm looking into this crash right now, and will update the patch the moment the problem is resolved. So please bear with me until then.

Oh, and one more thing, for the people asking if we're doing another project... I'm very sorry, but we have nothing to announce at the moment. I mean, this project isn't even completed yet XD.
I'll be sure to make an announcement regarding any potential future project, so please wait until then. Thank you ^^.

Well, that's about it for this update.
Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^.
And for the people celebrating Lunar New Year, an early Happy Lunar New Year! XD

4 hours ago, Orodius said:

The translation is great.

And if you decide to do a translation of another EushKenseiki Alpha Ridecommend Fuukan on Grasesta. I love the design of this game = x

yes correct that one seems good https://vndb.org/v23199

but these ones also nice :

https://vndb.org/v18683 Sankai Ou no Yubiwa

https://vndb.org/v14325 Kenseiki Alpha Ride

https://vndb.org/v16629 Sengoku Hime 6 ~Tenka Kakusei, Shingetsu no Kirameki~ n series like dragoon, aswell bunnyblack 3 no one working on it yet it seems

thanks so much to @flamepaladin for letting me enjoy 1 of best game from eushully. i enjoy the game from ur translation n able to finish 2 of endings. 

only sad because the story is not as wide as kamidori n i finish it faster than kamidori.

kamidori has 3 route with 3 different story, as for kami no rhapsody, "no spoiler" only ones who alrdy finish it will know the difference

The thing with Eushully is that most of their best VNs are the ones that came before Kamidori (with Kamidori included). After that, their games kinda got weaker. I heard Sankai Ou no Yubiwa almost made them go bankrupt with how badly it got received. Amayui is apparently much weaker compared to Kamidori, and Fuukan no Grasesta... is decent at best (not my comment, someone who played it described it to me as such). Their newest one is https://vndb.org/v27691 and we'll see how well that one will go. Same setting as Himegari makes it kinda interesting.

Im just on chapter 4 so idk how long is this compared to kamidori but bgm on this VN is easily better than kamidori... like damn... i know this VN is about musics somewhat but i don't expected it to be this level... the battle music is god tier like wtf.. remind me so much on some ys/trail bgm.. last time i hyped so much about bgm in VN is when i read Umineko.. and thats really a long time ago..

Thats why im very grateful to this team for give me chance to play this awesome game..

Edited by Jica

Well, weak at what? Lore? Gameplay?

In Lore, I find her games extremely simple, not bad, but simple. Kamidori was already weak. I think they always follow the same formula, they don't try to take chances and create something truly exciting and with heavy consequences. Then there is a slight "Generic" feeling.

In Gameplay, of all the Novels with Gameplay I played, Eushully's games were the best. I completed Evenicle and couldn't care less about the gameplay of that.

The visuals of Eushully's Novels are beautiful. I'm loving Kami no Rhapsody, it is truly an RPG, He gives you all the freedom as you will customize your units and is even more fun on hard.

As far as I know her games are always in the Top of Vns in Japan. But Eushully writers must take more risks, get out of the comfort box. And I didn't like the character design of the new game, I'm really disappointed.

On 12/31/2019 at 9:56 PM, Calistilaigh said:

I figured out the solution, you need to have Supplemental Japanese Languages added to your computer, the game crashes without them. I think it uses a special font or something.

If you don't, the game will crash as soon as the actual game starts up, as soon as dialogue would appear on the screen.

I have the same problem that it crashed as soon as the old guy spoke from the beginning, how do you add Supplemental Japanese Languages though?. i tried going to Start->Language Setting ->Language-> Add a preferred language and add Japanese language pack and it still crashed... :( help pls