Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

Hello everyone.

Before going into the project, here's some information regarding the game:
- Kami no Rhapsody (https://vndb.org/v16341) is a VN/SRPG hybrid by the company Eushully, the same company that made Kamidori Alchemy Meister.
- Sypnosis (taken from VNDB, with some changes made to go with our translation patch):

Spoiler

The great plains of Kvarner spreads out from the border between the western part and the central plains of the Raulbash continent. This was the territory of the demi-humans who have resided here peacefully for thousands of years.

One time, the ‘Divine Enforcer’, the ruler of the southeastern plains who is close to God, declared that he would train a successor to inherit his immense power and knowledge. With those words, he opened the gates to the holy land, ‘Shrine of the End’. The Successor Candidates were bestowed the privilege to explore the previously-sealed area and various abilities by the Divine Enforcer, to overcome the severe trials that lay before them.

Youths from all races and religions heeded this call and gathered together, including the young researcher Elballad who left his hometown to seek wisdom and the unknown. There will only be one Successor. With honour, wisdom, power and wealth, along with the expectations of their hometowns, a fierce competition is about to begin.

Translation team: Rhapsody Translation
Team Members:
 - Translator: FlamePaladin
 - Translation Checker: Danywar, Dark_Gamer
 - Editor: Vuken, Yuuko Shionji
 - Image Editor: Nylios, hubb2001, Bilbael, pegg

We have a full team atm, but if you want to join us, please send me a message or post in this thread. Thank you ^^.

Special thanks:
- Huang Yin Ling and maefdomn for their very useful threads.
- binaryfail for helping me find the tools to work on this patch.
- SaintLouisX, asmodean and Aroduc for their tools.
- Special thanks to Kirashi for motivating me to work on this patch, and for the feedback. I really appreciate it.
- Special thanks to Mr Poltroon for your work as an editor in this project. Though it was short, I really appreciate your help ^^.
- Special thanks to Danywar. Thank you very much for joining the team as the Translation Checker. I'll be counting on you a lot from now on :P.
- Special thanks to glupak. Thank you very much for everything you've done for the project. I really appreciate it ^^.
- Special thanks to Vuken. Thank you very much for joining as our Editor. Tbh, I don't even know if you're in this forums lol. In any case, I'll be counting on you to make our patch readable XD.
- Special thanks to nylios. Thank you very much for joining the team. I'll be counting on you for a lot of things, so prepare yourself :P.
- Special thanks to hubb2001. Thank you very much for joining us as our image editor. I'll be counting on you for the images XD.
- Special thanks to pegg and Bilbael. Thank you very much for joining us as our image editors. Let's do our best to make the complete patch a reality! XD
- Special thanks to Yuuko Shionji and Dark_Gamer. Thank you for joining as our TLC-er and editor. Let's make this patch the best it can be XD.

Finally, here's the link to the full patch:
MEGA link: https://mega.nz/#F!MstRHI6S!bQVaRTSLnwQPNjYuCJKfpw

The full patch has been released. However, there are still some minor texts that I couldn't find, so they're still untranslated. With that said, they're just some minor texts and won't impact your experience with the game.
Do note that our patch does not include any of the game updates, so you'll have to update them separately. All of the game's updates and appends are translated in our patch though.
Now, with the release of this patch, we won't be focusing on KnR anymore. The patch also won't get update unless there are some game-breaking bugs. Instead, we'll now focus on our other projects.
With that said, please contact us if you encounter crash or any other problem. We'll try to fix it as soon as possible (and if it's related to our patch XD).

This is everything from me for now. If you took your time to read that wall of text, thank you very much. Even if you didn't, thank you for showing enough interest to click on the thread.

See you!

Edited by flamepaladin
Update OP with full patch

1 hour ago, TheCrimsonFucker said:

Thanks for the sharing it.

If it's not too rude can I ask you how are you studying japanese?

It's fine. I don't mind sharing my method of studying. It'd be nice if it can help you in some way.
Most of my Japanese is self-study. I did attend a Japanese class before to learn about the alphabets, basic sentence structures and some other basic stuffs. After that, I learn by reading magazines, playing games and such.
The reason why I choose Visual Novel as a medium to study is because I can listen and read at the same time. Because my knowledge in Kanji is low, there are a lot of times where I can't understand the sentence because there are Kanji that I don't know about. In Visual Novel, as there are both speeches and texts, I can look for the words much easier and also learn how to pronounce them at the same time.
I don't know if you have started studying Japanese yet, however, if you haven't, I'd recommend finding some basic Japanese books and start by learning the alphabets and basic structures. It won't take a long time and will help you a lot in the long run. And as with any other things, the more you use it, the better you'll get. So try to use it as much as possible.
And that's pretty much how I study Japanese, and English for that matter. I hope you find it useful.
Good luck ^^.

8 hours ago, Huang Ling Yin said:

worry not, i made a thread which contain tools for many vn game engine, have you look at it?
maybe if one of those works, you can make a real working patch.

Thank you very much for sharing this.
As I wasn't planning to create a patch, I didn't search for any guides. However, I'll take a look at it and try my hand at creating a patch. I'm sure people would prefer it much more than having to read from a text file.

Sorry for making two posts continuously. However, since this is an update, I want to make a separate post for it. And no, this is not about chapter 4. There's no way I can translate a whole chapter in 2 days zzzzz.
This is a small update I made to the Area Dialogue file. I've also included the area name and area quests inside it so that it'll be easier to play the game. Anyway, I'll talk a bit about the quests part so you can understand how it works:
- As with all the other files, it only goes up till the end of chapter 3.
- The areas are written in same order as presented in the game.
- (Map) means that it is the name of the whole area in the world map. "Choice" means that it is a quest area you can choose within that map.
- Any quest area marked with (Important) is necessary to move on with the story.
- "Bonus Missions" are not required to move on with the story or to clear the quest area. However, clearing them will give you a bonus reward, and if you can clear all the bonus missions of the whole area, you'll get 5 bonus points for to increase your characters' status.
- After clearing any area once, the victory conditions will become "50 turns passed; Can retreat from the battlefield" with no defeat conditions.

I think that's it for the important points. I'm sorry for not doing this sooner. However, it's better late than never, right? :P
I'll also update the main post to include this later.

Edited by flamepaladin

Triple posting time! Well, it's been a while so I guess it's fine, right? :P

Anyway, let's talk about this update. Once again, I'm very sorry that this is not about chapter 4. But I think this update may even be better than that.
I've started working on the translation patch for the game! And together with this post, I've included a small translation patch (I don't know if it qualified as a patch actually zzzz) in the MEGA folder.

Before talking about what is included in the patch, I want to thank Huang Yin Ling, maefdomn, Kirashi and binaryfail. Without their helps and their topics, I doubt I would have found the motivation or the tools to work on this patch. I also want to thank SaintLouisX, asmodean and Aroduc for their tools. I don't know if they are in this forums or what their usernames here are, however, I still want to express my gratitude.

Now then, let's talk about the so-called "patch":
- It contains translation for the prologue, some "God Seals" translation, the quests for the prologue and some UI translations.
- Since I don't have any image editing skill, all the images, such as the "God Seals" icons, the Maps, the stats, etc. are unchanged. However, I've translated the description of the "God Seals", so you'll be able to understand what it does.
- If you need the images, nekohen has an interface patch that translates most if not all of the important images. However, since I don't use the patch for my game, my translation may be different from theirs.
- The translation is a bit different from the text files. I needed to fit them in the text box, and at the same time, I also tried my best to improve the translation. However, there may still be some typos or something. If you do use the patch, I'd really appreciate it if you tell me where the problems are so I can fix them.
- I've tested it on my game, however, as this is my first patch, there may still be some problem. Please tell me if you encounter one.

How to use the "patch":
- Well, I call it a patch but it's actually just a .zip file. Please extract it in the root directory of the game and overwrite any conflicts.
- If you do use the nekohen patch, I'd recommend overwriting my files over theirs since I don't know exactly what is included in there. Because I don't change any images, the images you get from the nekohen patch should still remain while you'll get my translation at the same time.... Probably XD. Please tell me if it doesn't work that way. I'll try to see what I can do.

That's pretty much it for now. Since this is my first patch, i'd appreciate any kind of feedback. So if you don't mind, please tell me what you think about it.
I'll update the OP with this information soon.
Thank you for reading!

Edited by flamepaladin

Hello everyone.
I'm back again with another update. This time, it's for the chapter 1 patch.

I've updated the .zip file to include all the translation of chapter 1. I have also fixed some typos in the prologue translation. I may have missed something so please let me know if you find anything.
As with the previous patch, all you have to do is extract the .zip file in the root directory of the game. If you do have the prologue patch, please overwrite them with the new patch since I have made some changes to the translations there.
I'll continue to work on the patch and get chapter 2 and 3 (which I've translated before) out asap.

That's it for now. Thank you for reading!

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.
I'm back with the chapter 2 patch update.

I've updated the .zip file to include the translation of chapter 2. I've also updated some of the translations (Thank you very much for your feedback, Kirashi ^^). With that said, I may have missed something, and there may be some problems. If you see any, I'd appreciate it if you'd tell me about them.
As with all the previous "version?", please extract the .zip file in the root directory of the game and overwrite everything. It should give you the newest patch while not breaking your game (or at least, I hope not :P).
I'll try to get the patch for chapter 3 out asap. Hopefully during next week.

Hello everyone.
There's no patch update this time, but there's something I want to announce.

First of all, chapter 3 patch won't be coming out this week. I'm very sorry about this.

However, here's the good news: Mr Poltroon has volunteered to become the editor for this "project?". Since my English is not very good, having his help will surely improve the translation quality. While it'll take some more time for the patch to come out now, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.
To everyone who has downloaded the patch, thank you very much ^^. Please look forward to our next patch.

Before ending this announcement, I want to express my gratitude to Mr Poltroon:
Thank you very much for becoming the editor for this project. Let's do our best and make this the best patch we can ^^.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone.

I'm sorry for not having any progress updates in such a long time. But let me assure you, the project is not yet dropped. I'm still working on the translation. I should be done with chapter 4 soon.

Now then, let's move on to the main topic. I've contacted ZAP Interlations, the team behind the Interface patch for the game. We'll work together with them to try and matches our translation and patches. Hopefully, we'll be able to give you a full translation patch for the game.

Because of this, the patch won't be updated yet. Please give us a little more time to polish the translations.
Thank you very much. And please look forward to the end result ^^.

• 1 month later...

Hey man,

Really appreciate what you are doing. Translating a project of this size is definitely not an easy task.

Mind if I ask how you are progressing? I have some experience in interface editing and translation (translated interface of Eiyuu Senki Gold) and would gladly lend some help if you need.

Keep up the great work man!

15 hours ago, Xenlai said:

Hey man,

Really appreciate what you are doing. Translating a project of this size is definitely not an easy task.

Mind if I ask how you are progressing? I have some experience in interface editing and translation (translated interface of Eiyuu Senki Gold) and would gladly lend some help if you need.

Keep up the great work man!

Hello,

First of all, thank you for your encouraging words ^^. Though it's not easy, it's been really fun. I didn't think I could get into it this much when I first started XD.

About the progress, it's going well, I guess? I've been quite busy with my studies so I can't spend as much time translating as before, but I still try to do it as much as I can. I just finished with the translation for chapter 5 the other day. I'll move on to chapter 6 soon.

As for the Interface, I'm currently trying to combine my translation with ZAP Interface Translation patch. The patch already has most of the images and interfaces translated. With that said, there are places where the translations aren't good enough, so I've sent them back to ZAP and ask them to edit my translation in. I'm still waiting for their reply at the moment.
I don't want to ask you to do something I've already asked someone else, so for now, I think I'll see how things are on ZAP side. If they aren't able to do it, I'll ask you for your help then.
Still, thank you very much for your offer ^^.

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Though I haven't been updating the patch (for a long time now zzz) and the thread, the translation is still alive. I'm working on chapter 6 at the moment. I think it'll be done with it in the next few weeks or so.
I don't know when it'll be but I'll update the patch once we're satisfied with the translation. Please wait a little bit more for it. Thank you ^^.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone, long time no see XD.
It's been a while so I thought I should post a little update. There are both good news and bad news this time, so let's just get the bad news out of the way first.

The bad news is that Mr Poltroon has withdrawn from the editor position for this project due to real life reasons. So the team is back to just me alone (Yay...).
Though it was short, thank you very much for your help, Mr Poltroon.

Next is the good news. I've finished translating chapter 6 and is starting to move on to chapter 7.

Another news is that I've decided to make this an official fan-translation project and will try to create a full team dedicated to it. If anyone is interested, or if you know anyone who is interested in working on Eushully games' projects, then please post in this thread or send me a PM.
The most important positions that I'm looking for are Translation Checker, Editor and UI/Images Editor. Of course, even if you aren't in those positions, please feel free to contact me if you want to join the team. The more the merrier, right? :P

I think that's about it for this time update. For all the people following this project, thank you very much. I'll try my best to create a full translation team and bring you the best translation patch possible.
See you ^^.

Edited by flamepaladin

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. I've already translated the prologue and chapter 1-6. With that said, they aren't fully translated yet. Since I'm playing the game as well, I don't want to get too much spoilers. Because of that, I only translated the route that I chose, which at the moment is Lavirie. When I start New Game +, I'll translate Mistoria's route while going over all of my translation once more. While I do try to get everything, there may also be texts that I've missed.
The append is also not yet available for me since I'm only on my first playthrough, so most of them aren't translated. Iirc, the only part of the Append that is translated is the Loser's Maze.

As for the total amount of chapters, based on the scripts, there is a total of 10 chapters, 11 if we count the prologue as well.

I just saw the project here, and to be honest I'd just look through this now. As for my opinion, while this is one of Eushully VNs with slightly less favorable gameplay to me here (I'll try this if I have time, so I may change the opinion in regard of the gameplay), it should be good if we have more translated Eushully VNs so good luck on the translation project and hopefully you'll see through this until the end.

Edited by littleshogun