Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

Hello everyone,
I'm back, but this time, it's not about update, but rather to ask for help.

As you know, I'm trying to fix the crash for Mistoria's normal ending. However, I also want to make sure that all other endings don't get affected in anyway. It would be meaningless if the other endings crash after the fix XD
With that said, I do not have Lavirie's normal ending, and I don't have the time to play through the game again atm. That's why if you have reached this ending and would like to help us better this patch, please pm me. If you do not know which ending is Lavirie's normal ending, please also pm me. I don't want to talk about which ending is which here to avoid spoilers for people who haven't played the game yet.

Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^

Hello everyone,
I'm back with a small update ^^.

The crash in Mistoria's Normal Ending has been fixed. Accordingly, I've updated the partial patch to v1.2 to reflect this. You can find the link to the updated patch in the op.
I'm sorry for the trouble and thank you very much for your patience ^^.
This wouldn't have been possible without @littleshogun, who provided the save for Lavirie's Normal Ending, and @Kelebek1, who helped me fix the crash.
Thank you very much for your help ^^. I really appreciated it.

As for the edited images, they haven't been added to this patch yet. I'll try to add them in the next update.

Well, that's about it for now.
Thank you for reading, and see you next time ^^.

https://gyazo.com/f5ada095b42fd1f62ce6242cacc83842

Maybe "groups" instead of "packs"

Packs is more like... containers? Just my opinion.

Anyway, thx for the translations and for your work. The quality is really good as well, gg!!

Edit: @UnHolyFiretruck is that so? i never seen that way to use packs. im not saying that this is a problem, just my pov. 

Anyway thx for the info, new things to learn!

Edited by Cardinal

1 hour ago, Cardinal said:

https://gyazo.com/f5ada095b42fd1f62ce6242cacc83842

Maybe "groups" instead of "packs"

Packs is more like... containers? Just my opinion.

Anyway, thx for the translations and for your work. The quality is really good as well, gg!!

i don't quite see the problem here, a group of wolves is called a "Pack" so that seems appropriate for beastmen

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2020 at 12:52 PM, shad said:

https://imgur.com/a/1f679L7

hi i have been having a problem with the patch, when i start the game with the patch on the opening cutscene, right before the dialogue starts it crashes, i have tested with and without zap's interface patch and with this patch and it only happens when i have flamepaladin's patch, what can i do?

Hello

First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.
I've taken a look at the patch, and I was able to start a new game normally on my end...
Have you updated the game to v1.01 and installed all the appends? By the way, the game version isn't the patch version XD. You can check the game version on the title screen, right under the game title. As for the appends, they're displayed at the bottom left side of the title screen, with AP01 being append 1 and AP02 being append 2.

10 hours ago, Kirashi said:

he just need to set his computer to japanese local

18 hours ago, flamepaladin said:

Hello

First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.
I've taken a look at the patch, and I was able to start a new game normally on my end...
Have you updated the game to v1.01 and installed all the appends? By the way, the game version isn't the patch version XD. You can check the game version on the title screen, right under the game title. As for the appends, they're displayed at the bottom left side of the title screen, with AP01 being append 1 and AP02 being append 2.

https://imgur.com/a/ujRv4tP
i have my locale set to japanese, the appends ,and the v1.01 installed and i still get the error

Hi i just found about this patch and i really want to play this game too.

First, do i need to install every patch to run the latest one?

And second, why don't you make a twitter/blog account to catalogue the patches, links and bugfixes and put a small FAQ and organize updates better then on a forum.

if i sound like an asshole mb, if you dont want the job you are doing is already great, im just asking for a place where you can show it better.

6 hours ago, ESOTERIC said:

And second, why don't you make a twitter/blog account to catalogue the patches, links and bugfixes and put a small FAQ and organize updates better then on a forum.

if i sound like an asshole mb, if you dont want the job you are doing is already great, im just asking for a place where you can show it better.

i agree with the twitter/blog idea as it would be easier to see updates from you, but regardless awesome job will play the partial once im done with Senren :D

On 2/18/2020 at 2:59 AM, ESOTERIC said:

On 2/18/2020 at 9:46 AM, UnHolyFiretruck said:

i agree with the twitter/blog idea as it would be easier to see updates from you, but regardless awesome job will play the partial once im done with Senren :D

Hello,
Sorry for the late reply.

Personally, I have never managed a blog before, but I do think it's a good idea. Thank you for suggesting it to us ^^.
Though I can't guarantee that there will be a blog/twitter account, we'll discuss and think on it.

Edited by flamepaladin

4 minutes ago, Jangkrikah said:

After 5 year having this game and 2 year of waiting the translation, can't believe it's out now. Thank you so much Paladin :D

I wanna play now, but think I'm gonna wait for the final patch instead playing it now so I can binge it in one go.

it alrdy finished. i did play n finish the game. it all english alrdy. just apply interface patch 1st u can get from vndb link, then apply flamepaladin patch, then all 100% english alrdy, i finished 2 route without any errors. tq mr paladin. hope can see new project soon from mr paladin

15 hours ago, frontier14th said:

it alrdy finished. i did play n finish the game. it all english alrdy. just apply interface patch 1st u can get from vndb link, then apply flamepaladin patch, then all 100% english alrdy, i finished 2 route without any errors. tq mr paladin. hope can see new project soon from mr paladin

Oooh, that's helpful. Thanks, I'll do just that :)

Gonna play this later after I finished with BALDR SKY.

@flamepaladinbtw mr flamepaladin, can i ask ur help. i kinda like to hear 2 ost from this game. yet i tried to downlaod full ost but cant find it or manage to download it.

from bgm in the game

A                           B                             C

12                                                         4

this from top to bottom in the bgm of music. can u tell me how to download it? since i tried to find in game file yet not able to get it. if u can extract it into solo mp3, ill be thankfull

On 2/23/2020 at 8:46 PM, frontier14th said:

@flamepaladinbtw mr flamepaladin, can i ask ur help. i kinda like to hear 2 ost from this game. yet i tried to downlaod full ost but cant find it or manage to download it.

from bgm in the game

A                           B                             C

12                                                         4

this from top to bottom in the bgm of music. can u tell me how to download it? since i tried to find in game file yet not able to get it. if u can extract it into solo mp3, ill be thankfull

Hello,
And please, no need for the 'mr' XD.

I'm sorry, but I don't know where to download the official soundtrack... I have never tried to look for it before...

As for the music files, yes, I do have them extracted. However, I don't think I should be distributing them, since well, they're still a part of the game, and a property of Eushully.
It may seem strange considering I alrdy made a patch (and kind of hacked into their game as well XD), however, it just feels wrong. That's why I'm very sorry, but I can't give you the music files.

On 2/22/2020 at 6:29 AM, frontier14th said:

On 2/22/2020 at 10:14 PM, Jangkrikah said:

Oooh, that's helpful. Thanks, I'll do just that :)

Gonna play this later after I finished with BALDR SKY.

Well... depending on your definition of 'finished', yes, you can say that it's 'finished'...
But well, for us, it's not finished yet. We still haven't finished editing all the images, the text aren't completely TLC-ed/edited and are still unpolished, and well, we still don't have our own interface patch and have to rely on ZAP's patch.
If you want the full patch by us, with no differences between interfaces and texts, more polished scripts, etc., then you'll have to wait for a while longer. We'll release it as soon as it's ready.

17 hours ago, frontier14th said:

its okay no worries, im thankfull alrdy for translation on the game alrdy more than enuf. if it in that case, can u tell me what software what u used to extract the music from the game n how to do it? only if u dont mind ;)

Well, I don't mind. I mean, it's not like I was keeping it a secret, considering I do credit the tool makers in the op. And iirc, they're also available in the Data Extraction thread of this forum XD.
If you're only after the music, Asmodean's tool should be enough. As I mentioned above, you can find the link to download it in the Data Extraction thread. It should be under Kamidori's data extraction section.

@flamepaladin I'm playing with the game files here, and I managed to reduce the font size

Spoiler

4Bivp1t.jpg

Okay, no problem, but maybe you know if the line height is inside a .bin file?
... if is hardcoded in the executable this will be a pain to edit because of the game DRM;
Anyway, I wanted see if I can add new lines after reduce the font size... 

Edited by marcus-beta

13 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

@flamepaladin I'm playing with the game files here, and I managed to reduce the font size

Reveal hidden contents

4Bivp1t.jpg

Okay, no problem, but maybe you know if the line height is inside a .bin file?
... if is hardcoded in the executable this will be a pain to edit because of the game DRM;
Anyway, I wanted see if I can add new lines after reduce the font size... 

Hello ^^,

Wow, that's awesome oO. How did you do it? XD
And well... I don't know where the line's height is set, or if it's even editable... I'll need to look through the game's files again.

Well, i'm testing a new version of my stringreloads, if you want test, here: https://www42.zippyshare.com/v/gFZSI8Wd/file.html
Just open the SRL.ini and remove all lines that have "Gothic Modded" or don't will work well because you don't have this font probabbly. (ohh, just take care if you have a directory with the name patch, because this will force the game read all files from this patch directory too, just like the english version of the kamidori)

anyway, if you don't know, no problem, this engine have a DRM protection, i don't even want try debug it... just forget.

And i'm playing the KNR now based on your translation, thank you.

Edited by marcus-beta

@flamepaladin Hello i'm a little new here but wanted to say thank you for the translation with the dedication and work put in to finishing it along with maintaining it. I'm currently playing through the game right now and have noticed some errors in spelling such as one instance where one of the names is spelled wrong, words like wants being spelled wnats, sentences like confess your feeling when it should be confess your feelings, any more needing to be anymore in certain sentences etc. I am aware of the British spelling of words in game and not referring to those as errors here of course

I've been gathering screenshots of all that I see and plan to do another playthrough anyways and 100% the game but I wanted to know if there would be any interest of sharing what I found after i've played through or share them as I go so they can get fixed with future updates if possible or if it doesn't matter and should just discard what i've got and not worry about errors. It's not a huge thing but thought it might help anyways to share and such

I got 27 screenshots of errors that i'm basically 100% on and I got 3 that are kind of questionable like Eld having a god medal spelled Magna Break (I thought it might be Magma Break or something), one mission saying "Is that a person collapsing over there" which I though it might of supposed to been "Is that a person collapsed over there" (Hard to tell on this one due to little context) and last one being the Black Shikigami unit description on last line saying "Bravely face the enemies" instead of "Bravely faces enemies". Some of these are probably with interface patch like the unit description one but just wanted to put here anyways

Anyways thank you again for the patch and have a good day/night and I await your response 

Edited by roserainz
Spelled a few words wrong