Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

3 hours ago, Xenlai said:

This is actually a known issue in Eushully games. Search for AGE Patch.exe and there's a patch to fix it. Or you can switch your pc to japanese locale.

I actually always have all of my PC's set to Japanese locale so that's not the problem, but the AGE Patch.exe did seem to fix it either way. Thanks to everyone for the help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry but there will be no progress update for this month. Since I was moving, I've been quite busy, and I couldn't find the time to work on the translation. (And then there's the release of Three Houses zzz).
I've pretty much settled in now, so I'll continue to work on the translation starting next week. Please look forward to the next progress update :P.

Also, to everyone who helped SacredChaos with his problem, thank you very much. Tbh, I was at a lost since I've never encountered that problem before.

In any case, that's it for now.
Thank you for reading, and see you next time ^^.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2019 at 11:38 PM, Mannaroh said:

While it's a bit uncalled for i've gotta make a small announcement here. About a month ago a russian tl team finished their worked on this project. If any1 here can't wait and has a solid knowledge of the language you might want to check it out. Sorry if this is somewhat rude to the tl team.

Hello,

Thank you for the announcement ^^.
And no, it's not rude at all. It's great to have the game available in different languages since not everyone is fluent in English. And well, we aren't exactly fast at putting out patches as well XD.

Well after playing the game up to chapter 8 i can say that while the patch is functional it's VERY ROUGH around the edges. And while i'm fine with liberal translations not every1 will appreciate them. So while you can definitely try i will do the 2nd playthrough on the patch from you guys to see how many mistakes my ears managed to really pick up.

19 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

Well after playing the game up to chapter 8 i can say that while the patch is functional it's VERY ROUGH around the edges.

That's true for most fanTLs. And if you consider how hard Eushully VNs are for translation, you can only expect a super rough translation if it's done by fans. That said...

19 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

And while i'm fine with liberal translations...

This has piqued my curiosity. This is rare for a fanTL. Are you saying it's a liberal translation? Usually, fanTLs are super literal.

On 8/18/2019 at 3:08 PM, flamepaladin said:

Hello everyone,

I'm very sorry but there will be no progress update for this month. Since I was moving, I've been quite busy, and I couldn't find the time to work on the translation. (And then there's the release of Three Houses zzz).
I've pretty much settled in now, so I'll continue to work on the translation starting next week. Please look forward to the next progress update :P.

Also, to everyone who helped SacredChaos with his problem, thank you very much. Tbh, I was at a lost since I've never encountered that problem before.

In any case, that's it for now.

glad to know things are going smooth, take your time we can wait.

On 8/31/2019 at 2:17 PM, Infernoplex said:

That's true for most fanTLs. And if you consider how hard Eushully VNs are for translation, you can only expect a super rough translation if it's done by fans. That said...

This has piqued my curiosity. This is rare for a fanTL. Are you saying it's a liberal translation? Usually, fanTLs are super literal.

Well i could only compare some of the parts that where spoken in Japanese to the tl and a good chunk of it was definitely modified to sound more coherent/bombastic for a lack of a better word. Can't confirm how deep this goes but it's not a 1 to 1 tl i can tell you that much.

9 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

Well i could only compare some of the parts that where spoken in Japanese to the tl and a good chunk of it was definitely modified to sound more coherent/bombastic for a lack of a better word. Can't confirm how deep this goes but it's not a 1 to 1 tl i can tell you that much.

If what you are saying is true, then this TL is better than I expected it'd be. I am not a fan of 1 to 1 translations, so if they managed to write it well, then kudos to the team. Thank you for your answer.

10 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

If what you are saying is true, then this TL is better than I expected it'd be. I am not a fan of 1 to 1 translations, so if they managed to write it well, then kudos to the team. Thank you for your answer.

Well better is up for debate but they surely tried their darnest to make it appropriate *it's a shame that the quality of the story is... not up to par*.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I'm here with a progress update after 2 months XD.

I've translated all the scripts of the Eushully room and the text for the terrains and obstacles.
With this, I've translated almost all of the text (not counting images XD). There are only a few minor files for the voice actors and stuffs left. If I can find the time, I'll probably be able to finish them within this month.

Also, @frontier14th, thank you very much for your support, but you don't have to check back everyday for an update XD. I usually post an update around the middle of each month, so you can just check back around then. Or you can follow this thread to get a notification whenever there's a new post.

Well, that's about it this time,

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/29/2019 at 5:53 AM, frontier14th said:

how is it ? will the translation be able to finish end of month or will have delay? looking forward the masterpiece xD

Hello, and sorry for the late reply.

First of all, I've been quite busy, so I haven't finished translating the text yet.
I'll try to finish them before the next progress update, but we'll see how it goes XD.

Secondly, I doubt it'll be a masterpiece, but thank you anyways :P.

Edited by flamepaladin

On 10/2/2019 at 4:40 PM, flamepaladin said:

Secondly, I doubt it'll be a masterpiece, but thank you anyways :P.

Don't be modest about your work. I am not 100% certain what you meant by this, but I assume you were talking about the quality of your translation? If yes, then don't worry. Nobody expects a VN fan-translation to read amazingly well like it was written by Jay Rubin himself.

On 10/4/2019 at 5:45 AM, Infernoplex said:

Don't be modest about your work. I am not 100% certain what you meant by this, but I assume you were talking about the quality of your translation? If yes, then don't worry. Nobody expects a VN fan-translation to read amazingly well like it was written by Jay Rubin himself.

I'm guessing he refers to the unfinished state of the game itself. When i played it the story felt both rushed and underdeveloped. Also coming from kamidori non-combat mechanics took a big hit and even combat is mostly the same thing with minor tweaks. So calling this a masterpiece is ... overkill at best. 

2 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

I'm guessing he refers to the unfinished state of the game itself. When i played it the story felt both rushed and underdeveloped. Also coming from kamidori non-combat mechanics took a big hit and even combat is mostly the same thing with minor tweaks. So calling this a masterpiece is ... overkill at best. 

Oh, I see. Then I may have been wrong in my assumption.

That said... it's a shame if what you say is true. From the people who play Eushully games, I heard that Kami no Rhapsody is better than the titles that came after it. If it's as "meh" as you describe it, then I should probably lower my expectations too :(

5 hours ago, Mannaroh said:

I think we get it by now. Basically in your opinion the story or game is lacking. You dont have to release multiple comments in the thread to dampen the spirits of anyone who might be looking forward to the finished work? In my opinion i think the story (of what i played so far) was awesome and very nicely put together. I just hope your nit-picking comments haven't swayed anyone who might have been interested otherwise. But in the grand scheme of things it's really no hope for someone who's that easily influenced by two random opinions (mines and yours) from two random internet forum users.

20 minutes ago, Veshen10 said:

I think we get it by now. Basically in your opinion the story or game is lacking. You dont have to release multiple comments in the thread to dampen the spirits of anyone who might be looking forward to the finished work? In my opinion i think the story (of what i played so far) was awesome and very nicely put together. I just hope your nit-picking comments haven't swayed anyone who might have been interested otherwise. But in the grand scheme of things it's really no hope for someone who's that easily influenced by two random opinions (mines and yours) from two random internet forum users.

dont worry i still look up for mr paladin work of art n still cheking this site everyday. looking forward n hope it finish as soon as possible.