Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Full patch released)

flamepaladin

Hello everyone,
I'm here with an update on how things are going.

For the translation: the script for the Append and NewGame+ is about 30% translated; Mistoria's route is about 15% translated.
All of the translated images have been checked by our TLC, and among them, the Tutorial Images and the Basic info Images have also been edited. Glupak is now working on the Menu Images (As you can see from his post right above XD)

You've probably guessed this from reading glupak's post, but the partial patch will be released at around the end of the month, once he's finished with the Menu Images. Please look forward to it :P.

I guess that's about it for now.
Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^

• 3 weeks later...

Hello everyone,
I'm here to deliver what you've been waiting for: the partial patch for the game!

Though I said end of the month, to think I'd actually upload it on the very last day of the month, and for some of you, it's already April 1st...
But even if it's April Fool Day for some of you, I assure you that this update is not an April Fool joke :P.

Now then, let's talk about the patch:
- The patch contains the first 3 chapters of the game: Prologue, Chapter 1, Chapter 2.
- All tutorial images and basic info images are also included in the patch. Though there are still some Japanese texts in them, all of the help texts have been translated. I'm sure they'll prove helpful if you decide to play the game with this patch ^^.
- Unfortunately. we weren't able to finish the Menu Images in time for this patch. However, you can use ZAP Interface Patch in case you need them. Though there are some differences, they shouldn't be any glaring differences. If you do use ZAP patch, please apply their patch first, and apply ours on top.
- While the God Medal Icons aren't translated, their descriptions are fully translated. If you use ZAP Patch, some God Medals icons will be translated. However, their translations of the God Medals' names may be different from ours.
- The Map Icons aren't translated, but the Stage Names when selecting stages are fully translated. If you find it hard to navigate like this, please use ZAP Interface Patch. Though there will be differences, they should be similar enough for you to understand where to go next.
- The missions, sub-missions and dialogues for each stages are also fully translated. All units and their descriptions on the battlefield are also translated.
- Since the Append is not fully translated, it is not included in this patch. This also includes the Loser's Maze. That's why please remain on the winner's side for now :P.

How to apply the patch (for both this patch and ZAP patch):
All you have to do is extract the patch(es) in the root directory of the game, and it should work fine. Please tell me if it doesn't work for you, I'll see what I can do.

I think that should cover everything in this patch.
Please keep in mind that this is not the final version of the translation. We'll continue to improve it, so there may be some differences between this patch and the final patch. Please think of this patch as a teaser of sort, a taste of what is to come :P.
Though I've played through and checked this patch, I may still have missed something. If you notice any problem (typos, text display problem, etc.), we'd appreciate it if you could take a screenshot and send it to us. We'll fix it for the next patch.
Any feedback is very welcome. That's why if you use this patch, we'd love to hear your thoughts on what we should improve/change.

Finally, here's the link to the patch (it's the same link to the MEGA drive in the OP):
https://mega.nz/#F!MstRHI6S!bQVaRTSLnwQPNjYuCJKfpw

That's all for this update.
Thank you for reading, and see you next time ^^.

Edited by flamepaladin

Hello everyone,
I'm back with an update on how things are going.

First of all, we have a new member joining the team: nylios! His position isn't really fixed yet, but he will mainly be helping us with TL and editing.

Next is the progress:
Translation for the append and the NewGame+ is about 40% done, Mistoria's route is about 30% translated.
Danywar is currently TLC-ing chapter 2.
Glupak is continuing with his work on the menu images.

I think that's about it for now.
If you use our partial patch, thank you very much ^^. If you find any problems, or if you have any feedback, please tell us. We will fix and improve them for the next patch.
Thank you for reading and see you next time ^^.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Raiko said:

Nice, another eushully getting translated! Are you guys focussing on 1 route at a time or small portions of all paths at the same time?

Hello,

For the translation, I'm working on one route at a time. However, for TLC and edit, we'll work based on chapters instead, since well, I'm already translating the final route, so it'll be faster to just go through all the scripts of each chapter in one go (probably XD).

Hi! i created an account here just to tell you how much i appreciate the work here. I've been looking at this VN for a while now (Along with Fuukan no G) and couldn't play it, i dont know Japanese So I can only play vn's i can understand in English sub text. Thank you so much.

And very nice job on what you've got done so far! Im checking back here everyday to see the progress.

16 hours ago, Veshen10 said:

Hi! i created an account here just to tell you how much i appreciate the work here. I've been looking at this VN for a while now (Along with Fuukan no G) and couldn't play it, i dont know Japanese So I can only play vn's i can understand in English sub text. Thank you so much.

And very nice job on what you've got done so far! Im checking back here everyday to see the progress.

Hello,

Thank you very much for your encouraging words ^^.
But you don't need to come back everyday XD. Since I usually post a new update once a month, you can just come back around then. Or, you can follow this thread to be notified whenever there's a new post.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's the link to the Word document I made about the first few hours of gameplay. Or more like all the typos I found. But the game seems pretty nicely translated. I used the interface patch as well. The equipment god things seem to be poorly translated in some places but I can mostly understand what they are and gameplay is pretty simple after the mandatory explanation. I hope you keep working hard on it. Im looking forward to the full release. I might also make another word document when I'm finished playing the partial patch. I don't have any more time right now. Maybe tonight or tomorrow

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VjxuXg-wSfpC_gsBuSITlz2Abw41r4ks/view?usp=sharing

3 hours ago, FBI said:

Here's the link to the Word document I made about the first few hours of gameplay. Or more like all the typos I found. But the game seems pretty nicely translated. I used the interface patch as well. The equipment god things seem to be poorly translated in some places but I can mostly understand what they are and gameplay is pretty simple after the mandatory explanation. I hope you keep working hard on it. Im looking forward to the full release. I might also make another word document when I'm finished playing the partial patch. I don't have any more time right now. Maybe tonight or tomorrow

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1VjxuXg-wSfpC_gsBuSITlz2Abw41r4ks/view?usp=sharing

Hello,

Thank you very much for the feedback ^^.
I'll take a look at it and discuss with the team.

57 minutes ago, FBI said:

Here is a part 2 with typos and stuff I found. It covers whats left of chapter 1 and chapter 2 until the point where the knight joins the team. I have a soccer game now so the rest will have to wait until tonight or tommorow.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1GUpvTkw9VkmSE6mp19gX5UFu6Fu0gVW7/view?usp=sharing

Thank you for the feedback part 2 XD.
I'll take a look at it and discuss with the team.

Also, I've looked through the first part, and it seems you're getting some error when playing. I don't really know how that happens since I don't get that error. However, just in case, please up date the game to version 1.01 if you haven't done that already. You can check the game version under the game's title at the title screen.

Hello everyone,
I'm back with another progress update.

The hot spring event of append 1 is now fully translated. I'll continue to work on the other scripts for the append and the New Game+.
Nylios is currently translating the character profiles.
Glupak is continuing with his work on the menu images.
Danywar will continue to TLC chapter 2. After that, Vuken will start editing it.

I think that's it for now.
Thank you for reading, and see you next time ^^.

1 hour ago, Kirashi said:

I have finished the partial patch. There is some things to polish but it was pretty good. 

Was it edited?

Hello,

Thank you for trying the partial patch XD.
As for the edit, no, the partial patch is not fully edited. I'd say only the prologue and a part of chapter 1 are edited. Chapter 2 editing hasn't even started yet, so of course it's not edited XD. And while transferring the texts to the patch, I may have missed something as well.

10 hours ago, pangary said:

Thanks for working on this game !!

May I know how many chapters are there in this game or how many more untranslated stuff are there ?

Hello,

There are 11 chapters in total, including the prologue.
As for what's still untranslated... I can't give you an exact number since well, I don't exactly count, but there are still quite a lot left. We still have the loser's maze, the new game+ events, Mistoria's route. Other than that, there are also the character profiles, the in-game terminologies, etc.
Overall, I'd say we've translated about 70% of the game.

thank you so much for the hard work! if it's that close then i'll just keep waiting till you guys are done with it all before i keep going. i played a while back and stopped when i got to a part...i think it was chapter 2? but when i got back to the "city, after a near death experience" i entered a dialog for the first time with the animal lady and it was in full Japanese text. i kinda like her the most so i didnt want to skip over it. i didnt find anything other than that but it's not like i was looking for text errors while i was playing. i forgot to mention it last time XD

Tried not to spoil it for others with the " " in that part. hope u can still find it XD