Jump to content
flamepaladin

Kami no Rhapsody Translation by Rhapsody Translation (Crash fix partial patch up)

Recommended Posts

8 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

Well, i'm testing a new version of my stringreloads, if you want test, here: https://www42.zippyshare.com/v/gFZSI8Wd/file.html
Just open the SRL.ini and remove all lines that have "Gothic Modded" or don't will work well because you don't have this font probabbly. (ohh, just take care if you have a directory with the name patch, because this will force the game read all files from this patch directory too, just like the english version of the kamidori)

anyway, if you don't know, no problem, this engine have a DRM protection, i don't even want try debug it... just forget.

And i'm playing the KNR now based on your translation, thank you.

Thank you for sending me the file?, tool? XD
I'll take a look at it, or let our "programmers" take a look at it XD
And thank you for using the patch ^^.

7 hours ago, roserainz said:

@flamepaladin Hello i'm a little new here but wanted to say thank you for the translation with the dedication and work put in to finishing it along with maintaining it. I'm currently playing through the game right now and have noticed some errors in spelling such as one instance where one of the names is spelled wrong, words like wants being spelled wnats, sentences like confess your feeling when it should be confess your feelings, any more needing to be anymore in certain sentences etc. I am aware of the British spelling of words in game and not referring to those as errors here of course

I've been gathering screenshots of all that I see and plan to do another playthrough anyways and 100% the game but I wanted to know if there would be any interest of sharing what I found after i've played through or share them as I go so they can get fixed with future updates if possible or if it doesn't matter and should just discard what i've got and not worry about errors. It's not a huge thing but thought it might help anyways to share and such

I got 27 screenshots of errors that i'm basically 100% on and I got 3 that are kind of questionable like Eld having a god medal spelled Magna Break (I thought it might be Magma Break or something), one mission saying "Is that a person collapsing over there" which I though it might of supposed to been "Is that a person collapsed over there" (Hard to tell on this one due to little context) and last one being the Black Shikigami unit description on last line saying "Bravely face the enemies" instead of "Bravely faces enemies". Some of these are probably with interface patch like the unit description one but just wanted to put here anyways

Anyways thank you again for the patch and have a good day/night and I await your response 

Hello,
First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.

If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate the screenshots with the errors. It'd help us a lot as we go through and edit the text ^^.
And don't worry, you'll get a lot more mistakes/typos as you continue lol. This partial patch is still very unpolished after all XD.
The editing is still on-going atm, and we'll make sure the final patch is going to be much better :P.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 29/02/2020 at 8:32 AM, flamepaladin said:

Thank you for sending me the file?, tool? XD
I'll take a look at it, or let our "programmers" take a look at it XD
And thank you for using the patch ^^.

It's more like a 'patch' than a tool?
Well, Looks like I forget to explain, just extract to the KNR game directory and run the game normally.
The source code is here: https://github.com/marcussacana/StringReloads
You can setup the font in the SRL.ini, I don't created a documentation yet but here is where the tool do the font modification: https://github.com/marcussacana/StringReloads/blob/839afe9dd6e327ad027a5de63086e91f570b86c5/StringReloads/Engine/Match.cs#L127-L189

Anyway, about the lines, Looks like I can debug the game after all, thx for our friend binaryfail.

Edited by marcus-beta
update link

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, flamepaladin said:

Hello,
First of all, thank you for using the patch ^^.

If you don't mind, I'd really appreciate the screenshots with the errors. It'd help us a lot as we go through and edit the text ^^.
And don't worry, you'll get a lot more mistakes/typos as you continue lol. This partial patch is still very unpolished after all XD.
The editing is still on-going atm, and we'll make sure the final patch is going to be much better :P.

Would you prefer them in like a Google Drive or something and I just add them as I got with editing permissions so you can get a constant stream when I find or prefer them after i've finished an entire route for the game? Currently on Lavarie's route and almost done on Chapter 6 at around 31 hours in

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

It's more like a 'patch' than a tool?
Well, Looks like I forget to explain, just extract to the KNR game directory and run the game normally.
The source code is here: https://github.com/marcussacana/StringReloads
You can setup the font in the SRL.ini, I don't created a documentation yet but here is where the tool do the font modification: https://github.com/marcussacana/StringReloads/blob/master/StringReloads/Engine/Match.cs#L45-L154

Anyway, about the lines, Looks like I can debug the game after all, thx for our friend binaryfail.

Wow, thank you for sending over the source code as well XD
I really appreciate it ^^.

Oh, that's great to hear XD.
And yes, it should be debug-able, I mean, SaintLouisX did help me debug the crash in Mistoria's normal ending before.
If you want, I can introduce you to him :P.

Would you prefer them in like a Google Drive or something and I just add them as I got with editing permissions so you can get a constant stream when I find or prefer them after i've finished an entire route for the game? Currently on Lavarie's route and almost done on Chapter 6 at around 31 hours in

Hmm... Personally, I don't mind either way. I mean, having the files is alrdy a tremendous help for us alrdy. Though I guess having a GD and updating it as you progress would be more efficient?
But well, I don't think it's that much different either way. You can choose the method that is most comfortable for you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, flamepaladin said:

Hmm... Personally, I don't mind either way. I mean, having the files is alrdy a tremendous help for us alrdy. Though I guess having a GD and updating it as you progress would be more efficient?
But well, I don't think it's that much different either way. You can choose the method that is most comfortable for you.

Yeah I am leaning towards GD since I would be able to have add things easily as I find them and then with the editing permissions you could remove or sort them after you finish the fix or whatever is needed for it. Imma put red boxes around what the errors are along with some text on a few clarifying what is needed instead and imma get the chapters for them as well if I can find them as I didn't label that before which would probably help but that'll take a little bit of time and hopefully they will be in CG scenes area and such if I can't remember them

Also do you want me to PM you the link to the GD with them after I make it or just post it here?

Edited by roserainz
Added details

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
50 minutes ago, kinlyki said:

UAf2Xkp.png

 

Anyone know what this error is?

Did you get that when you started the game on the first cutscene? It seems to be as other people have posted in the thread about that error at start. You need AGE Patch.exe and run the game through that instead of AGE.exe and that will fix that issue. If ithat doesn't do it then it is probably you needing Japanese local 

Edited by roserainz
Added details from older forum posts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@flamepaladin

I wanted to thank you for translating the game and also everybody else involved. I have been silently stalking this thread for months now and at this point I am too commited not to wait for the full patch.

(Also I was too stupid to patch the game to the latest release) 

Hope you are doing fine in those difficult times.

 

Edited by Alexever17

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hello everyone,
And sorry for not posting any update in a really long time. We've been a bit busy recently, and I couldn't access fuwa for some reason zzz. Other members can access normally, but my internet refused to cooperate with me...

Now, as for the update, most of the images are edited, so I think we'll be able to release the full patch sometimes soon, hopefully during summer.
With that said, the text edit may not be finished in time. I'm very sorry about this. We'll at least try to fix as much typos and mistakes as possible before the full patch.
If we can find the time and make enough progress, we'll update the full patch with the edited text.

Next is an announcement regarding us. Our group now has a name! (Finally lol)
We've decided to name our group 'Rhapsody Translation' as a tribute to this game, the game that brought all of us together. We'll mostly be focusing on Eushully's games, though we may do VNs from other companies as well in the future.
Another news is that we've decided on our next project. This is still KnR thread, so I won't go too deep into it for now. We'll make a proper announcement regarding that another time. Please look forward to it ^^.

That's about it for now.
Thank you very much for reading, and see you next time ^^!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, flamepaladin said:

Hello everyone,
And sorry for not posting any update in a really long time. We've been a bit busy recently, and I couldn't access fuwa for some reason zzz. Other members can access normally, but my internet refused to cooperate with me...

Now, as for the update, most of the images are edited, so I think we'll be able to release the full patch sometimes soon, hopefully during summer.
With that said, the text edit may not be finished in time. I'm very sorry about this. We'll at least try to fix as much typos and mistakes as possible before the full patch.
If we can find the time and make enough progress, we'll update the full patch with the edited text.

Next is an announcement regarding us. Our group now has a name! (Finally lol)
We've decided to name our group 'Rhapsody Translation' as a tribute to this game, the game that brought all of us together. We'll mostly be focusing on Eushully's games, though we may do VNs from other companies as well in the future.
Another news is that we've decided on our next project. This is still KnR thread, so I won't go too deep into it for now. We'll make a proper announcement regarding that another time. Please look forward to it ^^.

That's about it for now.
Thank you very much for reading, and see you next time ^^!

Thanks for the update!!!

Rhapsody Translation, nice name.

Wow next project, i hope its still eusully games, i'm really looking forward to it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just chiming in to say I'm one of those lurkers who has been following for a long time and I'm so happy to see the translation nearing completion!!!

As a long time VN fan I know how hard it is to complete a translation (especially of VN/RPG hybrids) and doing it in just a couple years is honestly a huge accomplishment for an amateur team. There are many paid studios out there who wouldn't be able to accomplish that feat. You guys are really awesome!

Really excited to hear your group has a name now and that you'll be focusing on Eushully games. I'll be patiently waiting to see the awesome things Rhapsody Translation does in the future. Best of luck to you all and I hope you're staying safe and healthy in these times. VN's are important but you're more important so take care of yourselves first :D 

Now I believe it's about time to start another Kamidori playthrough while I wait for this ^_^

Edited by Churchboy666

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First of all thank you for your work. Your doing a great job and I can't thank you enough. If you are really gonna start other Eushully games after this project is done I couldnt be happier. I am a really big fan of Alchemy Master the only really translated Eushully game and have played Ikusa Megami Zero which at least somewhat readable and really enjoyed them. I have hoped for years that more translation would come and it makes me really happy to hear that. I really have respect of translation groups doing so much work in their free time and sharing it with everyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×