About Hoshizora no Memoria

Hiashi

After taking a break from VNs for a while, I'm considering playing Hoshizora in the near future. Since I'm a purist that insists on maximizing the experience, I intend to buy the 18+ version and am waiting for the Eternal Heart disc to be localized as well.  I do have a few questions though.

• Is there an advantage to purchasing the full VN on Denpasoft as opposed to buying the All-Ages on Steam and then buying the patch from Denpasoft? I know the pricing doesn't really change either way.
  • Any idea when the Eternal Heart fandisc will be localized?
  • As a whole, how good is this VN? I'm a pretty big fan of Key works, so how does this compare?

I pretty much enjoyed this VN, though can't say enything about the all-ages release. Mainly because I like VNs with true endings, though the enforced heroine order was a bit of a annoyance. 

I haven't heard/read anything of Eternal Heart localization release dates, though if I'm correct during the kick starter they mentioned that EH's localization depended on how much funds they raised. As to that I think they reached that funding goal, so I want to beleive they will announce if at least they are planning to localize it.

Yet, I'd recommend you to play it even though there're no news on the Fan Disk.

2 hours ago, Hiashi said:

After taking a break from VNs for a while, I'm considering playing Hoshizora in the near future. Since I'm a purist that insists on maximizing the experience, I intend to buy the 18+ version and am waiting for the Eternal Heart disc to be localized as well.  I do have a few questions though.

• Is there an advantage to purchasing the full VN on Denpasoft as opposed to buying the All-Ages on Steam and then buying the patch from Denpasoft? I know the pricing doesn't really change either way.
  • Any idea when the Eternal Heart fandisc will be localized?
  • As a whole, how good is this VN? I'm a pretty big fan of Key works, so how does this compare?

I dont think theres any particular difference applying patch on Steam vs getting on Denpasoft

Denpasoft just takes less effort to get, while Steam you can brag to your friends you're reading a moe VN

I don't think the fandisc is essential at all, honestly. Regarding the VN itself, it just clicked with me, as the round 10 on my VNDB profile clearly shows. I understand the visual novel is not perfect generally speaking, but for me, it just was. Loved every single character (apart maybe from Aoi, but hey, it's just one heroine), loved the humor, the slice of life, the romance, everything. So, strongly advised from me.