A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration

marcus-beta

WAIT, This isn't a release!

A Sky Full of Stars - +18 Restoration
[Open Project/Startup]

ffffffff_i98hshhw.jpg

Yo, First of all, keep in mind my intention here isn't publish a +18 Patch... First of all, I can't...
Since i'm not good in english and don't know japanese I will not touch in any text of this game.
So... what is this post? I'm trying give a hand to anyone who wants create a proper unc patch
to this novel... To "help" I'm sharing a patch to you who wants translate the h-scene or wants
create a patch to restore the unc content... This my "patch" don't import the english translation
to japanese script, all scripts in this patch is fully japanese and have nothing changed, what this
patch contains is my StringReloads with a fully database of the jap script content. This database
is just a .txt with .lst extension, with all text using the same pattern:
gbpryd.png

This can be used my StringReloads tool generating a Database and replacing the original dialogue
when the game read the script dialogue. For now I don't know about the stability of this patch and
I'm sure, since i have not tested yet, exist bugs who we need found... And in the last case if you have
a problem with my SRL (StringReloads) mod, any random newbie devloper can modify a tool to read my
.lst and import to the japanese script, So if you don't know nothing about the devloper scene but wants help
you can just play this "patch" and search for problems, You can install the DEV version and fix manually,
after this just upload and comment here and will be linked in this post.

We have 3 Versions included in this "patch":
cvcxba.png
The JAP version:
This will include my semi-automatic generated database with the moenovel
translation only, All jap exclusives dialogues (like h-scene and ecchi momments)
continue in japanese without changes, this option don't is to who wants work
in the h-scene restoration project, since i'm publishing a "patch", I'm sure some
guys will download just to "play", this option is to you, good lucky your masochist.
The ENG version:
The double-masochist version, Include my semi-automatic generated database with the
moenovel translation and in all jap exclusive dialogues (like h-scene and ecchi momments)
is included in english by a fully unrevised machine translation, good lucky your masochist²
The DEV version:
Hoho, This is what we need, Install it!, this version is to you who wants
search for problems in the patch or maybe fix the moenovel translation or revise
the google translation in the h-scene. the world counts on your help.

I'm linking too my tool who I created to generate all .lst files,
If you want fix a voice sync problem it's beter recreate the .lst,
to this you can use the tools inside this stuff, and is included too
screenshots about changes and missing content in the moenovel tl.
All Strings-???!.lst (have a !) is to keep atention, this .lst is missing
dialogues or isn't fully dumped, the TLDump can be used to compare
all scripts and generate a .lst the LstClearner is a command line tool
who can remove duplicate entries in a .lst and generate all
"Strings-MissXX.lst" files including all dialogues from the japanese
script who don't have translated in any .lst before.

How to install:

1. Download the patch in this post
  2. Extract it using winrar 5.0 or newer to the game directory [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\A Sky Full of Stars]
  3. Execute the "Apply Patch.bat" and type what you want
  4. Run the game
  5. In the "Language Pack" change to "+18 Version" and press OK
    odtura.png
  6. Download the lastest update in this post
  7. Extract to the game directory
  8. Run the "Apply Patch.bat" again and finish the instalation.
  9. Play the game.

Possible Problems:

>Some parts the can dialog shows out of the time/voice
>Missing Files Log Alert...
>No show the HCG in the Extra Menu...
>Untranslated Character Name...
>Untranslated Images...

Knowed Problems:

>No Achievements unlock 
(This can fixed restoring the english scripts...)

>No works with any pirate copies 
(This patch include a retail modded executable of the game, if you have a cracked copy can not works)

>Up CPU Usage at 5~10% (Tested on i5)
(This can "fixed" changing the SRL Injection point more after read the string)

>Translation matches in the dialogue of the wrong script
(Only this problem will be fixed by me soon...)

Patch:
Patch v0.2

Update:
v0.2 => v0.3

Tools:
LST Gen Stuff

Warning:
This patch isn't tested yet, can contains crash, voice and dialogue out of sync
untranslated images...
This patch is to the steam version!

FAQ:

Q: Why you use this SRL if he increase 5% of the cpu usage?
R: Because can be used to translate to any lang who can use unicode + monospaced
(russian, portuguese, spanish, english, french... and more)

Q: What i need to help the project?
R: Nothing, just fix a problem, upload it and say what you have fixed.

Q: I can test the lastest update of the SRL in your git with the patch?
R: Yes, and maybe is better...

Q: Any prevision to final release?

R: WAIIIT, You're misunderstanding, You read my post? I don't have a proper english to create
a project like this, I'm trying give everything in the hands of anyone to see if someone create the patch!

Q: Why you post in 'fan tl discussion' and not 'fan tl projects'?
R: This is something like a "startup" to create a project, not the project itself.

in the true i think very before publish, this is good? 
maybe can be useless and make peoples works to nothing?
But if someone wants import the moenovel tl to the jap script
this lst file can be used to import a big part of the translation automatically!
I'm sure will help someone.

Good lucky to everyone!

Edited by marcus-beta

I already ported the ENG menus and started editing Moenovel's TL using a different tool but if anybody wants to help with H-scene translations, that would be really nice. So far, I have only one guy who said he'd help out but I don't know if he'll have the stomach for 7k lines that were cut from Moenovel's release.

10 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

I already ported the ENG menus and started editing Moenovel's TL using a different tool but if anybody wants to help with H-scene translations, that would be really nice. So far, I have only one guy who said he'd help out but I don't know if he'll have the stomach for 7k lines that were cut from Moenovel's release.

Yeah, if someone translate a .lst file you and your advance this project, I can help exporting the LST text to your tool file format anytime, just ask.

Edited by marcus-beta

13 hours ago, Infernoplex said:

Lol.

I'd be interested in trying to help, as for experience all I can really say for myself is that I was the top of my class for English and Grammar in high school though I might be a bit rusty. Not to say I'm perfect at it but I have a good grasp at grammar and I'm willing to learn new things. So I guess I'd be applying for proof reading for grammar. I'd like to help if I could.

2 hours ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

I'd be interested in trying to help, as for experience all I can really say for myself is that I was the top of my class for English and Grammar in high school though I might be a bit rusty. Not to say I'm perfect at it but I have a good grasp at grammar and I'm willing to learn new things. So I guess I'd be applying for proof reading for grammar. I'd like to help if I could.

Okay, I was thinking about this and it's not a bad idea to have one more guy for that. Though, at the moment, there's nothing to QC in that regard. Just for the record, were you thinking of helping with the H-scenes only, or the whole VN? Because I was looking at the whole VN when I thought about making small changes to it like with minor typos, double lines and so on.

11 minutes ago, Infernoplex said:

Okay, I was thinking about this and it's not a bad idea to have one more guy for that. Though, at the moment, there's nothing to QC in that regard. Just for the record, were you thinking of helping with the H-scenes only, or the whole VN? Because I was looking at the whole VN when I thought about making small changes to it like with minor typos, double lines and so on.

I can do the H-Scenes if that's all there is to do, I can't guarantee that my grammar is perfect but spelling was my strongest subject. I won 4th place Business Professionals of America in Fundamental Word Processing.  

16 minutes ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

I can do the H-Scenes if that's all there is to do, I can't guarantee that my grammar is perfect but spelling was my strongest subject. I won 4th place Business Professionals of America in Fundamental Word Processing.  

Okay, that's commendable ^^ ... Though there's nothing to check at the moment, and maybe it won't be for a couple of more months. I could only contact you later, once I have something to show. Is that okay with you?

Umm..
Time for an elegant and unexpected return! ;)
Randomness aside, This is quite likely one of my favorite VNs of all time.
So I would like to help the project in some form.
I don't have hacking skills and my japanese is quite basic, but..
I could help decensor the H-scenes (as in remove the mosaic censoring.)
I'm a freelance artist and I did the original Majikoi decensoring images.

If you are interested, please let me know.
I don't know what the community thinks about decensoring today as compared to a few years back when I worked on the Majikoi project, but
if not everyone is on board with it, you can give people the option in an installation   "decensored or original"

Here are my art sites where you can check my works:
https://pixiv.me/helvetica_5tandard
http://lehelveticastandard.tumblr.com
https://twitter.com/helvetica5td
http://helvetica5tandard.deviantart.com/gallery/

On 1/10/2018 at 5:07 AM, Veshurik said:

Wagh, MoeNovel cut 7k lines of text? Nice (less work for their translators, and less money for them). But not for us.

As for that, even though they cut 7,500 lines in regard of H scenes, they still need to do much work for the translation alone because the line count for Miagete was very huge according to a source - between 100,000 and 150,000 lines for the uncut version. So I would say that Pulltop didn't really cut much content in regard of H scenes, or at least from their perspective. But still of course we should have the right to chose between all ages version (H scenes was cut) and 18+ with H scenes intact, which unfortunately Pulltop was quite clueless and stubborn about that.

Edit (1/18) - Turned out that there's new info that said the original script size was only at almost 46,000 instead of 100,000. So yeah, Pulltop did cut quite a lot of content (At around 16-17%) for their stupid and stubborn policy.

Edited by littleshogun

6 hours ago, RIGER said:

Mine too.

My Directory

How our friend says, don't support pirate version, But in your case have other problem, the "+18 Version" Subdirectory isn't present... you have extracted it?

When I released the v0.1 I don't found a cracked api compatible with my modded executable, Today I know about one API from certain group who can run the game with my patch, If you have lucky maybe is your api, or not... Anyway your case is the "+18 Version" Isn't present, you need download the patch v0.2 and after this the "v0.2 => v0.3", Is needed use both, first the v0.2 and after the v0.3 upgrade patch...

I'm using upgrade patch to who already downloaded a older version, isn't good needs download the fully patch again.

Edited by marcus-beta

10 hours ago, marcus-beta said:

How our friend says, don't support pirate version, But in your case have other problem, the "+18 Version" Subdirectory isn't present... you have extracted it?

When I released the v0.1 I don't found a cracked api compatible with my modded executable, Today I know about one API from certain group who can run the game with my patch, If you have lucky maybe is your api, or not... Anyway your case is the "+18 Version" Isn't present, you need download the patch v0.2 and after this the "v0.2 => v0.3", Is needed use both, first the v0.2 and after the v0.3 upgrade patch...

I'm using upgrade patch to who already downloaded a older version, isn't good needs download the fully patch again.

Well thanks.

I got it working,guess I am lucky.I'll test it through.

Edited by RIGER

16 hours ago, stormthawolf said:

So I want to get this to work but I disabled the startup options box. How do I get this back? I tried to reinstall the game but that didn't help in the slightest

Clear registry:

Windows+R, run regedit 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MoeNovel - delete A Sky Full of Stars.

That should bring back the startup options box (at least it did for me on Windows 10).

On 1/23/2018 at 4:45 AM, Icku said:

Clear registry:

Windows+R, run regedit 

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MoeNovel - delete A Sky Full of Stars.

That should bring back the startup options box (at least it did for me on Windows 10).

I actually got a response from MoeNovel on steam. This was their response:

1. Open the Steam client
  2. In the menu, head to library and select 'Games'
  3. Right click on 'If My Heart Had Wings'and select properties
  4. In the 'Local Files' tab, select 'Browse Local File'
  5. Open the destination folder where you have installed If My Heart Had Wings. Right click on [AdvHD.exe], and select 'Create shortcut'
  6. The [AdvHD.exe- Shortcut] file will be created. Right click on the file, and select properties.
  7. In the Shortcut tab, there will be a string of letters under 'Link'. Add "/s"behind the link.
    e.g. "The link"/s
  8. Select apply, and close the dialog.
  9. Run [AdvHD.exe- Shortcut]

Worked perfectly without deleting anything

Just now, stormthawolf said:

I actually got a response from MoeNovel on steam. This was their response:

1. Open the Steam client
  2. In the menu, head to library and select 'Games'
  3. Right click on 'If My Heart Had Wings'and select properties
  4. In the 'Local Files' tab, select 'Browse Local File'
  5. Open the destination folder where you have installed If My Heart Had Wings. Right click on [AdvHD.exe], and select 'Create shortcut'
  6. The [AdvHD.exe- Shortcut] file will be created. Right click on the file, and select properties.
  7. In the Shortcut tab, there will be a string of letters under 'Link'. Add "/s"behind the link.
    e.g. "The link"/s
  8. Select apply, and close the dialog.
  9. Run [AdvHD.exe- Shortcut]

Worked perfectly without deleting anything

Yeah, I saw that too after replying here.

On 31/01/2018 at 7:10 PM, SNR_17 said:

Hey,

Does this work 100%?

Also does this patch only restore the H-Scenes? Does it affect the dialogue at all?

If you want somthing "100%" it's better wait the manual unc project, this works but is automatically generated... have some problems...