Clockwork Leyline Thoughts/Discussion

Freestyle80

Well I was looking forward to reading this ever since it was picked up years ago, The main cast looked interesting esp the MC, dont see many delinquent looking MCs around, not in these Chuuni games anyway

It was a bit disappointing in the end though, esp the 2 side-routes the hell was that?:vinty: A completely different writer wrote those for sure and was immensely rushed. Neko's route i can understand that as filler but Tsubaki's one could've easily been done much better

they just randomly cut off the Mist in the middle and 'began' her route even though it takes a bit more effort in the true route to capture it

The "True" Route or more like the only real route of the game was much better although as everyone was saying they leave a lot open for the next 2 games, I was surprised the game was so short. and also Ushio and the MC dont suit each other one bit, kinda a weird main pairing. I'm glad they atleast added the option of ignoring that excuse of a 'route' why even add that in? ;s

Hope they release the sequels soon, they probably aint that big anyway. 

Edited by Freestyle80

As for both of Daybreak (2nd part) and Morning Mist (3rd part), I would guess that their length was more or less same as this 1st part. Which obviously beg the question like 'Why they didn't just release it in one big VN then?', and the answer was obviously very simple because by divided it to three VNs they could get more income compared if they released it as one big VN (I need to check the pricing in Japan later).

As for the first part of trilogy, from what I saw I would say that this is better than Grisaia no Kajitsu. Yes, I said that because in here we have proper true end there unlike Kajitsu where what we got is five routes with well developed heroines, and what trilogy need here should be at least established the continuities from the first part, or male the 2nd part was continuation from the first part. Grisaia was didn't follow that because what we have in Meikyuu is the continuation from unseen route in Kajitsu, which is obviously didn't established in Kajitsu. Grisaia aside, it's quite unfortunate though if the side heroines didn't develop enough, but I guess they were probably just meant as the fanservice (Literally) if they want to date another heroine other than Ushio. Oh, and as for Ushio x MC thing, it'll be solved at the Daybreak later which hopefully that Sekai will be able to release that quickly without blunder like this.

PS - By the way, may I ask you of how much you find the untranslated text there, @Freestyle80? If so, in which route that the text was appear, and is it in important scene or not? Because I'd find that one of the biggest problem was the untranslated text, in which it make some reader would felt uncomfortable. Sorry and thanks in advance.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for both of Daybreak (2nd part) and Morning Mist (3rd part), I would guess that their length was more or less same as this 1st part. Which obviously beg the question like 'Why they didn't just release it in one big VN then?', and the answer was obviously very simple because by divided it to three VNs they could get more income compared if they released it as one big VN (I need to check the pricing in Japan later).

As for the first part of trilogy, from what I saw I would say that this is better than Grisaia no Kajitsu. Yes, I said that because in here we have proper true end there unlike Kajitsu where what we got is five routes with well developed heroines, and what trilogy need here should be at least established the continuities from the first part, or male the 2nd part was continuation from the first part. Grisaia was didn't follow that because what we have in Meikyuu is the continuation from unseen route in Kajitsu, which is obviously didn't established in Kajitsu. Grisaia aside, it's quite unfortunate though if the side heroines didn't develop enough, but I guess they were probably just meant as the fanservice (Literally) if they want to date another heroine other than Ushio. Oh, and as for Ushio x MC thing, it'll be solved at the Daybreak later which hopefully that Sekai will be able to release that quickly without blunder like this.

PS - By the way, may I ask you of how much you find the untranslated text there, @Freestyle80? If so, in which route that the text was appear, and is it in important scene or not? Because I'd find that one of the biggest problem was the untranslated text, in which it make some reader would felt uncomfortable. Sorry and thanks in advance.

better than Grisaia? Idk about that cuz i really enjoyed the long common route and most of the character route, here there's no routes, they just added it in just to meet some sort of quota or to make h-scenes. I do hope 2nd game atleast gives Ushio a proper route....i already know the other 2 side-routes will disappoint 

As for your question Koga-kun's name was completely untranslated in Ushio's 'route' after the main story ends

and there were a few small lines of dialogue untranslated thankfully it was mostly voiced ones and barely 2 or 3 words so i could get the gist of it and no not important scenes

Another problem was text not aligned properly and special characters like '%' not showing see here- 

Also one more minor thing, i play most of my VNs on a surface, this VNs engine is so shit it had a real hard time registering the touch screen lol. was unplayable with it. Never had this issue before 

Edited by Freestyle80

question: what did neko think so that he ended up in the weird dimension with the spiral staircase??? also does the 2nd story follows a no girl ending or from ushio route????

PS: i enjoy it and i hate ushio's h-scenes

PS: im starting a no fap challenge featuring imouto paradise 2. lets see how long i can last....

5 hours ago, Freestyle80 said:

better than Grisaia? Idk about that cuz i really enjoyed the long common route and most of the character route, here there's no routes, they just added it in just to meet some sort of quota or to make h-scenes. I do hope 2nd game atleast gives Ushio a proper route....i already know the other 2 side-routes will disappoint 

As for your question Koga-kun's name was completely untranslated in Ushio's 'route' after the main story ends

and there were a few small lines of dialogue untranslated thankfully it was mostly voiced ones and barely 2 or 3 words so i could get the gist of it and no not important scenes

Also one more minor thing, i play most of my VNs on a surface, this VNs engine is so shit it had a real hard time registering the touch screen lol. was unplayable with it. Never had this issue before 

As for better than Grisaia, maybe I should emphasize here (Sorry) AS THE FIRST PART OF TRILOGY because here's we just have the main route that will be continued in Daybreak unlike Meikyuu in which it's just followed Kajitsu off screen route for the continuation. Of course this have the consequences though namely that the other heroines was less developed if one focused on the trilogy more, and the result was the heroines route that added as H scenes. As for Ushio here, she was more or less the main heroine here so to answer @wyldstrykr here Daybreak will follow Ushio ending. Oh, and if I need to chose between 1st Tokeijikake and Kajitsu as individual VN, then I would chose Kajitsu simply because we have developed heroines there.

I see in regard of untranslated text there, and perhaps it might be not that annoying. But still Sekai definitely did need address this particular issue so that some people wouldn't been bothered with that, and to be honest I'm one of those people. As for the engine, yeah it's quite annoying because I'd experienced this back at Flyable Heart when it'll lagged the moment I opened the main menu by right clicking it. For the touch screen issue perhaps Sekai just using the mouse to do the testing of the engine there, so they didn't have enough to test with the touch screen (Just my speculation though).

Quite disappointing really, didn't like the fact that every route finishes with an H-scene. Also, I thought the "true route" (which I think is wrong, since it should be called Ushio's) left many things pending, which I beleive will be shown in the 2nd and 3rd part. 

Can someone tell me if the 2nd parts continues from Ushio's route ?? 

Spoiler

Meaning, taking the fact that Mitsuyoshi and Ushio had sex.

14 hours ago, Benji Price said:

Can someone tell me if the 2nd parts continues from Ushio's route ?? 

Reveal hidden contents

Meaning, taking the fact that Mitsuyoshi and Ushio had sex.

Correct.

Spoiler

Although it's not very relevant for a while, as you would expect given the way it ended.

The second H scene with Ushio that's accessible from the extras menu is also referenced later.

Edited by MayoeruHitori

Well, at least that makes sense with Ushio's being the true route.

I also think the game was originally thought to be a larger one but due to circumstances (economic, or maybe in a single release some parts of the story would've been omitted) ended up being split in 3 parts.

On other hand, according to VNDB the release date for the 2nd part is January 2018... that's gotta be wrong , right ??

1 hour ago, Benji Price said:

I also think the game was originally thought to be a larger one but due to circumstances (economic, or maybe in a single release some parts of the story would've been omitted) ended up being split in 3 parts.

On other hand, according to VNDB the release date for the 2nd part is January 2018... that's gotta be wrong , right ??

As for the reason, maybe it was in regard of economy because they probably need some money to created Tokeijikake, and if they released it in one big release it mean that they'll get less money and therefore might couldn't cover the development cost. For the info, one part of the trilogy was sold at around 7100 yen which is more or less usual VNs price at Japan (I'll need to check the fact though).

As for January 2018 release for Daybreak, as awesome as if that's really happen I also think that at this rate it might be impossible, considering that even the first part release still have some unfinshed part, and not to mention the testing and engine work. So I think expect 2018 release for Daybreak would be most possible here, although we don't know when though.

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As for January 2018 release for Daybreak, as awesome as if that's really happen I also think that at this rate it might be impossible, considering that even the first part release still have some unfinshed part, and not to mention the testing and engine work. So I think expect 2018 release for Daybreak would be most possible here, although we don't know when though.

If if recall correctly those were only a few lines before entering Ushio's route, and only sentences with yellings. 

Also, I couldn't see the special CG after choosing all the corrects answers, clicked the message but my web browser didn't open. Could that be a problem on my computer ?? 

4 hours ago, Benji Price said:

If if recall correctly those were only a few lines before entering Ushio's route, and only sentences with yellings. 

Also, I couldn't see the special CG after choosing all the corrects answers, clicked the message but my web browser didn't open. Could that be a problem on my computer ?? 

I see, and perhaps the untranslated text issue was not as bothersome as it looks then, although in that case they still need to deal with the untranslated MC name though. Hope that there's no issue like that in the future.