Thoughts on Fakku distributing eroge

bakauchuujin

I wonder what other people think about Fakku joining the eroge industry .

So far they have goten deals to distribute games from JAST, MangaGamer, Denpasoft, Illusion, and Lyricbox.

Personally what I find most interesting is the possibilety that some of Denpasofts games might have mosaics removed as well as Fakku being a possible hardcopy distributor for Sekai Project/Denpasoft. So pretty much I am just hoping that they will help fix some of the problems with one of the big eroge publishers.

Since MG and JAST don't have these problems I don't think it is much we can gain from them distributing on Fakku.

I don't really know much about Illusion and Lyricbox other than Lyricbox being the developer of HemoImo https://vndb.org/v20488. Though from what I can see on vndb they don't really interest me.

It would be nice to hear what other people think about this. Is this just going to add another place to buy eroge or will this actually have an impact?

I personally don't use the site so I can't say much about it. But from my understanding it's a pretty popular site which makes it seem good. But I could have swore they had something against loli content and if that's the case it's just gonna be a subpar version Nutaku who have said they won't remove loli content from games other publishers/devs add to their store. I could be wrong though, I just remember going to Fakku many years ago and there was no loli content and it wasn't allowed.

Just now, ShinRaikdou said:

Does they?

First page from on of the latest manga.

SFW.

Reveal hidden contents

uCCtcMn.png

I'm talking about many years ago though so maybe things have changed since I last went on the site. If that's the case I could see it being a good move as I can't imagine their reputation being worse then Nutaku. From what I've seen they failed at their attempt to become the go to place for h-games/vns.

17 minutes ago, Codesterz said:

Since I had nothing better to do I went and looked at their site. No loli tag no small breast tag so I'm gonna consider them a fail site in my book. If they want to become the go to place for buying digital h-content they're gonna need to get rid of that bias of theirs.

no loli tag i can kind of see why they wouldnt have that but small breast tag doesnt make sense really. not all pettankos are lolis. heretics

5 minutes ago, mitchhamilton said:

no loli tag i can kind of see why they wouldnt have that but small breast tag doesnt make sense really. not all pettankos are lolis. heretics

These official h-places need to get past this barrier though, otherwise the free alternatives will always be superior. I'm sure I've read some things from them and didn't even know it was by them and thought it was just a fan translation.

Edited by Codesterz

Personally I am more interested in possible new hardcopies. Also this comment about removal of mosaic censorship was quite interesting.

Absolutely within the realm of possibility, but it depends on the developer. In the case of Nekopara, we've been discussing it with the artist Sayori and she is open creating uncensored CGs once she has time! They've been busy with the release of the Nekopara OVA, so this possibly something we'll be able to do in 2018.

Not a big fan of eromanga, so for me the site itself isn't that interesting.

Well if nothing else I'm happy they managed to snatch hemoimo from SakuraGame. One of my friends is really hype for it so I guess it's partly that I'm happy for her, lol. I really don't know much about fakku but I haven't heard a lot of terrible things about them, which in these times is probably a good sign...

1 hour ago, Codesterz said:

Since I had nothing better to do I went and looked at their site. No loli tag no small breast tag so I'm gonna consider them a fail site in my book. If they want to become the go to place for buying digital h-content they're gonna need to get rid of that bias of theirs.

Dunno how the situation is now but before they had certain tags hidden by default and you had to turn them on from settings. This at least included incest dunno about other tags.

Their policy for non-censored games seem fair to me. Pretty much working with distributors who like to keep the mature content intact while saying no to companies and translators who like to censor their material.

I personally don't like what Fakku has done over the past few years, where they turned their website which used to have free doujin material for people to read into a subscription and paid website. It's pretty much like buying a member's card so that you can have discounts on their products as well as buying chapters separately too. Just like Costco. I know the reason why they became a paid website but it's still upsetting that they had to go through with this route. It doesn't matter to me anymore since I now find my doujin material from different websites these days.

Also, I buy my eroge from the main distributor (especially Mangagamer) anyways.

Speaking of which, is there a point for Denpasoft to have mosiacs removed only on Fakku instead of their own website. Sounds pretty inconsistent to me.

5 hours ago, bakauchuujin said:

Personally what I find most interesting is the possibilety that some of Denpasofts games might have mosaics removed as well as Fakku being a possible hardcopy distributor for Sekai Project/Denpasoft. So pretty much I am just hoping that they will help fix some of the problems with one of the big eroge publishers.

This would be an issue with the deal that SP made with the VN company when they localized the game, and should not change by putting the game on another platform, sadly.

30 minutes ago, Dergonu said:

This would be an issue with the deal that SP made with the VN company when they localized the game, and should not change by putting the game on another platform, sadly.

I don't think it will change for all of Denpasoft's games, however it seems they have already asked Sayori in regard to Nekopara and have goten a positive response. Currently it seems like Sekai Project gives no pushback against mosaic censorship when dealing with developers. When they got pushback against Chrono Clock they managed to get the mosaics removed, it also seems like Frontwing who had mosaics in Grisaia has moved away from mosaics after the pushback they got for of Corona Blossom vol1. In these cases it seems like the main thing missing was a lack of pressure from SP on the developers. From what I understand Fakku is releasing their other content without mosaics, which means mosaics is likely to be a bigger concern than on steam or Denpasoft. This combined with the fact that Fakku seems to be reaching out to developers could potentially get us some mosaic free releases. It will also most likely increase the chance of future things from SP being mosaic free. 

I am not saying that this is certainly going to happen, though I do think that the possibility is there.

Edited by bakauchuujin

1 hour ago, jetpack003 said:

Their policy for non-censored games seem fair to me. Pretty much working with distributors who like to keep the mature content intact while saying no to companies and translators who like to censor their material.

I personally don't like what Fakku has done over the past few years, where they turned their website which used to have free doujin material for people to read into a subscription and paid website. It's pretty much like buying a member's card so that you can have discounts on their products as well as buying chapters separately too. Just like Costco. I know the reason why they became a paid website but it's still upsetting that they had to go through with this route. It doesn't matter to me anymore since I now find my doujin material from different websites these days.

Also, I buy my eroge from the main distributor (especially Mangagamer) anyways.

Speaking of which, is there a point for Denpasoft to have mosiacs removed only on Fakku instead of their own website. Sounds pretty inconsistent to me.

I too hate when people get payed for their work

why-the-fuck-everything-cost-money-18041

41 minutes ago, Kawasumi said:

I too hate when people get payed for their work

why-the-fuck-everything-cost-money-18041

Lol.

Well, it's not like I don't understand the reason why they did it. They even explained to us the situation going on over there in a friendly matter. If they need to make a profit from it all then that's fine.

I was just saying that it sucks for the people who used to go there and read their stuff back when it was a free website so now they have to move to another website to get it. I'm pretty sure they've found their new place anyways.

I dont intend to use fakku's services and never really used fakku before either (they were shit before they went commercial as well)

but let me summarize for those unfamiliar with fakku:

the hate for fakku stems from how they once hosted stuff for free (illegally) like sadpanda etc

but then they went commerical bought licenses and then they demanded other sites to take down everything they now own

people hate fakku for pretty much the same reasons they hate crunchyroll

at first they were free and didnt give one shit about copyright

but once they went commercial copyright suddenly started to matter

way too much drama in the western scene for me

pro-tip: learn Japanese :meguface:

53 minutes ago, jetpack003 said:

I was just saying that it sucks for the people who used to go there and read their stuff back when it was a free website so now they have to move to another website to get it. I'm pretty sure they've found their new place anyways.

I like how the idea of paying for stuff has never even crossed your mind lol

46 minutes ago, Ningen said:

pro-tip: learn Japanese

to suddenly learn that copyrights matter in Japan even more :leecher:

Edited by novurdim

42 minutes ago, Ningen said:

way too much drama in the western scene for me

Agreed, it's all a bunch of nonsense, the japanese scene is just that better.

Game games announced > Game gets released > Customers go and buy the game

That's it, none of that bullshit like here.

Too bad "learn japanese" is just a bad meme that does not hold water in the realm of realistic standings.

1 hour ago, Nier said:

Agreed, it's all a bunch of nonsense, the japanese scene is just that better.

Game games announced > Game gets released > Customers go and buy the game

That's it, none of that bullshit like here.

But here...

TL is announced > Time passes > More time passes > ... > Fucking finally! But wait... the TL sucks and they charge you $40 plus DLCs.