Curious about the difference between the r18 and non-r18 versions of A Clockwork Ley-Line The Borderline of Dusk?

Nier

Curious to know if the All-Ages version of A Clockwork Ley-Line The Borderline of Dusk available on Steam is just the original 18+ PC version with sex scenes removed from the game and that's it (like Sekai did for the Steam version of Hoshizora no Memoria and MoeNovel did for A Sky Full of Stars) or if it's a PC backport of the All-Ages PS Vita version (like Sekai did for the Steam versions of The Grisaia Trilogy)?

Edited by Nier

1 hour ago, the tales of Sora said:

So moenovel didn't change the story in A Sky Full of Stars or cut some kissing scene like they did in If My Heart Had Wings?

They just removed sex scenes?

Well, we don't know for sure, as most people are ignoring the release because of the censorship. I don't think anyone who speaks Japanese has actually compared the two versions yet, to see if there was something other than the H-scenes censored. (And I wouldn't count on anyone doing it, as that would mean giving Moenovel money, and I for one would rather eat dirt, so...)

It's pretty easy to guess that Sekai was probably only just removed the H scenes for Tokeijikake, and the reason was because in PSV port we have another new character. Considering that Kohaku was probably already finished the translation by the time Sekai announced this, I think Sekai definitely didn't want to do work in regard of porting back PC version because it mean more engine work and not to mention that the PSV was just recently released at this year - which amount to no time for the port even if Sekai want to because it'll caused the delay more than already is and not to mention translating new character lines.

For the short answer here, Steam version of Tokeijikake is just the PC version with sex scenes removed. Although the Steam user could still enjoy the sex scene though if they buy DLC from Denpasoft store, which obviously added the scenes. At least Sekai better than Pulltop in regard of handling sales at both of Denpasoft and Steam. 

Edited by littleshogun

1 hour ago, Dergonu said:

Well, we don't know for sure, as most people are ignoring the release because of the censorship. I don't think anyone who speaks Japanese has actually compared the two versions yet, to see if there was something other than the H-scenes censored. (And I wouldn't count on anyone doing it, as that would mean giving Moenovel money, and I for one would rather eat dirt, so...)

its the one release i hope everyone just pirates it or just ignores it lol

2 hours ago, the tales of Sora said:

So moenovel didn't change the story in A Sky Full of Stars or cut some kissing scene like they did in If My Heart Had Wings?

According to Decay who got the copy review, they didn't cut the dirty joke although I don't know though if Pulltop did cut the kissing scene or alter the story yet. But still if one people managed to comment that there's no cut in dirty joke, it could be counted as major improvement seeing that it's from MoeNovel - Pulltop already have experience in regard of published translated Princess Waltz together with JAST (H scenes intact obviously), so it's not like Pulltop didn't have experience in regard of publishing their 18+ VN overseas.

Edited by littleshogun

53 minutes ago, Narcosis said:

You don't read Lay-line for the sex scenes. If I remember correctly, It's all bonus content and pretty much irrelevant story-wise.

Aren't you thinking of Chrono Clock? The PS Vita version has new content apparently that wasn't in the original PC release.

12 hours ago, the tales of Sora said:

9 hours ago, littleshogun said:

According to Decay who got the copy review, they didn't cut the dirty joke

Exactly, I can confirm this as well. The dirty jokes, the kissing, the bath scenes are all in Moenovel's A Sky Full of Stars. The only thing they removed are the H-scenes. It was like this with the two Love Kami games as well, everything was intact except for the H-scenes.

Edited by Kaito1

On 12/25/2017 at 3:20 PM, Freestyle80 said:

After finishing it i can tell u for certain, 18+ version is 100% not worth buying 

If you're ok missing a certain, short scene in Leyline 2, sure.
But if you're going with All ages for Leyline 1, you'll probably be going all ages for Leyline 2 as well, so I guess it wouldn't matter.

Edited by Beichuuka

1 hour ago, Beichuuka said:

If you're ok missing a certain, short scene in Leyline 2, sure.
But if you're going with All ages for Leyline 1, you'll probably be going all ages for Leyline 2 as well, so I guess it wouldn't matter.

it really REALLY does not matter, it does not even add anything to the romance

Ushio's one is more creepy than anything 

I won't be able to judge how important it is to read the uncensored version over the Steam one until I see how they handle Leyline 3, because that's when everything really comes together romantically. (I've always wondered how the Vita port handled this.) Unless you abhor sex scenes, I don't see any reason to not play it safe and read the r18 version.

On 12/26/2017 at 6:12 PM, Freestyle80 said:

Ushio's one is more creepy than anything 

Creepy because

Spoiler

magic was affecting emotions

? I mean, I feel like this exact kind of plot device is extremely prolific, even among manga and anime that target young kids. I have difficulty fathoming why anyone would call it that.