Heyo Fuwanovel

DG-X

Oh, yeah makes sense.  I put together a top 5 on my profile, but I didn't actually make it accessible from this post. My bad :u

Top five VNs:

1. Narcissu 2 + Himeko's Epilogue 
2. Katawa Shoujo
3. Nekopara Vol. 3
4. If My Heart Had Wings
5. A Kiss For The Petals - New Generation!

Honorable Mentions:

Fate/Stay Night
VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action

14 hours ago, tahu157 said:

This one will change your life:

https://vndb.org/v13259

That VNDB page piques my interest, but it seems that the download link for it is dead :x

1 hour ago, DG-X said:

That VNDB page piques my interest, but it seems that the download link for it is dead :x

He is trolling.

From your top 5, play some slice of life/with maybe a bit of action.

Try

Grisaia Series

Majikoi Series

Some of key (Clannad/Little Busters)

Since you also mentioned fate, try stuff by Propeller (Ayakashibito/Tokyo Babel) and maybe Comyu.

Yo, welcome.

Looks like you like yuri. I strongly recommend checking out Nurse Love Addiction, a very good yuri mystery VN.

You didn't specify if the recommendations had to be translated or not, but based on your VNDB I'm guessing they should be. Still, if you can read Japanese, another great yuri game is Seisai no Resonance. One of my personal favorites.

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and let's see what I could recommend here. But before that, in regard of Grisaia I would like to say that it's better to treat both of Meikyuu and Rakuen as fandisc instead of the sequels if you find Meikyuu was unbearable - I find that the supposed 'true route' was quite questionable.

As for the recommendation, well I would like to recommend Pygmalion, Yurirei, and recently released Seabed. For more recommendation here, then I guess you could try True Remembrance and eden as well. For the last recommendation here, I think you may as well try Symphonic Rain. Hope you have fun here.

Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendations!

17 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

Hello there, new person! :)

From your VNDB I've noticed you've played through pretty much whole Sono Hanabira... series, I strongly approve.  :D Are you interested in yuri VN without or with milder h-scenes? 

Yeah, Sonohana really hit a spot I enjoyed a lot. I'm not opposed to nukige games, but I really prefer the milder stuff, and yuri is definitely up there for my favorite genre. And I unfortunately cannot read Japanese. I haven't put any time into trying to learn yet. :(

19 hours ago, Akshay said:

He is trolling.

From your top 5, play some slice of life/with maybe a bit of action.

Try

Grisaia Series

Majikoi Series

Some of key (Clannad/Little Busters)

Since you also mentioned fate, try stuff by Propeller (Ayakashibito/Tokyo Babel) and maybe Comyu.

I figured he was from the tags but I still would have played it for a laugh. Too bad the tumblr post with the download link was deleted.

I've played The Fruit of Grisaia, and started Labyrinth but dropped it... I liked most of the routes of the first one, but I was really disappointed by Amane's route... And Makina's Bad End will leave me scarred forever. I'm the type who likes to get all of the possible endings....
Majikoi looks intresting, I may pick that up sometime. I want to play Clannad but I think 50 bucks is maybe excessive for a VN as old as it is, And Little Busters is a better price, but I don't know much about it. I'm not sure of my interest in Propeller's work though.

12 hours ago, littleshogun said:

Welcome to Fuwanovel, and let's see what I could recommend here. But before that, in regard of Grisaia I would like to say that it's better to treat both of Meikyuu and Rakuen as fandisc instead of the sequels if you find Meikyuu was unbearable - I find that the supposed 'true route' was quite questionable.

As for the recommendation, well I would like to recommend Pygmalion, Yurirei, and recently released Seabed. For more recommendation here, then I guess you could try True Remembrance and eden as well. For the last recommendation here, I think you may as well try Symphonic Rain. Hope you have fun here.

Lots of interesting looking recommendations here. Seabed looks up my alley, definitely going to check that out. Same with Symphonic Rain. It has a rhythm game tag on VNDB and I do love rhythm games. I saw Nurse Love Addiction seconded, so I'll probably give it a play at some point. 

35 minutes ago, DG-X said:

Thanks for the warm welcome and recommendations!

Yeah, Sonohana really hit a spot I enjoyed a lot. I'm not opposed to nukige games, but I really prefer the milder stuff, and yuri is definitely up there for my favorite genre. And I unfortunately cannot read Japanese. I haven't put any time into trying to learn yet. :(

I figured he was from the tags but I still would have played it for a laugh. Too bad the tumblr post with the download link was deleted.

I've played The Fruit of Grisaia, and started Labyrinth but dropped it... I liked most of the routes of the first one, but I was really disappointed by Amane's route... And Makina's Bad End will leave me scarred forever. I'm the type who likes to get all of the possible endings....
Majikoi looks intresting, I may pick that up sometime. I want to play Clannad but I think 50 bucks is maybe excessive for a VN as old as it is, And Little Busters is a better price, but I don't know much about it. I'm not sure of my interest in Propeller's work though.

Lots of interesting looking recommendations here. Seabed looks up my alley, definitely going to check that out. Same with Symphonic Rain. It has a rhythm game tag on VNDB and I do love rhythm games. I saw Nurse Love Addiction seconded, so I'll probably give it a play at some point. 

Clannad is on Sale right now, and is around $5. Even at its mos expensive its $18 (on steam). Grisaia bad endings were awesome. Though I differ from you in loving amane's route. (Bad endings> good endings)

Just now, Akshay said:

Clannad is on Sale right now, and is around $5. Even at its mos expensive its $18 (on steam). Grisaia bad endings were awesome. Though I differ from you in loving amane's route. (Bad endings> good endings)

Ohh I didn't see that this is a pretty good time to pick it up!

And to be honest I loved like 80% of Amane's route actually. I was just really disappointed by the end of the flashback section, and I felt like they dropped a very interesting, and original character arc into a kind of campy horror ending. Like a lot of good build-up with an unsatisfying payout. But honestly I really liked the rest of her route.

5 hours ago, DG-X said:

I see, Sonohana is still quite heavy on sexual themes so I've just wondered if you're interested in non-eroitic yuri before recommending anything. :] People already mentioned Flowers -Le volume sur printemps-, Kindred Spirits on the Roof and Nurse Love Addiction, those are the best translated yuri VNs. From western stuff, I can recommend Highway Blossoms, Starlight Vega and Love Ribbon. In general, there's a quite a lot of yuri produced by American and European developers, the Hella Yuri steam curator site can be very helpful in finding those VNs. :)