Good Free Visual novel recommendations

Syan

Doki Doki Literature Club, pretty much an obrigatory recommendation here. There's also Cinderella Phenomeno and Frozen Essence two free (and surprisingly lenghty) otoge. I played a Otoge called Elvine which was pretty good (it is very short though). 

If you're looking for a SoL romance there's this short Kinect Novel called "Moonshine". 

19 minutes ago, SeniorBlitz said:

Doki Doki Literature Club, pretty much an obrigatory recommendation here. There's also Cinderella Phenomeno and Frozen Essence two free (and surprisingly lenghty) otoge. I played a Otoge called Elvine which was pretty good (it is very short though). 

If you're looking for a SoL romance there's this short Kinect Novel called "Moonshine". 

Thanks, I'd rather stay away from DDLC but thanks Im pretty spoiled with Katawa Shoujo so it's hard to get used to different VNs

18 minutes ago, Syan said:

Thanks, I'd rather stay away from DDLC but thanks Im pretty spoiled with Katawa Shoujo so it's hard to get used to different VNs

It's always good to broaden your horizons to explore different VNs and media in general :o) 

DDLC is a nice experience, but, I can understand why you want to stay away from it.   

Lucid9 is a great mystery novel, and it is completely free! I recommend it both for that and for having enjoyed the game a lot. There's even a fuwareview on this, if you get interested.

There is also Narcissu, the original one, which is always a must-read for new readers. Since you don't have a VNDB accound linked, I supposed you are new.

4 hours ago, Silvz said:

Lucid9 is a great mystery novel, and it is completely free! I recommend it both for that and for having enjoyed the game a lot. There's even a fuwareview on this, if you get interested.

There is also Narcissu, the original one, which is always a must-read for new readers. Since you don't have a VNDB accound linked, I supposed you are new.

Yeah, Ive been into visual novels for a while but just joined this forum to get a bit deeper into the genre.

5 hours ago, SeniorBlitz said:

It's always good to broaden your horizons to explore different VNs and media in general :o) 

DDLC is a nice experience, but, I can understand why you want to stay away from it.   

I've had some bad experiences with DDLC as a Whole and don't really want to play it, I'm willing to play it if it's really good and not a meme. Plus I'd rather avoid all the shit my friend would give me if he found out I played DDLC

7 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

From things I've played I can recommend One Thousand Lies, from things that are considered good but I didn't get to them yet there's Cupid and Cinderella Phenomenon for example. 

And DDLC is legitimately good. Why would anyone give you crap for playing it? :P

'Cause the VN community has already a lot of people who have prejudice against VNs as "weeb" things, so yeah a some persons outside the community throw shit at us for whatever reason, and in some cases people DON'T shut their traps about it.

Edited by Guest

9 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

From things I've played I can recommend One Thousand Lies, from things that are considered good but I didn't get to them yet there's Cupid and Cinderella Phenomenon for example. 

And DDLC is legitimately good. Why would anyone give you crap for playing it? :P

Because DDLC is more of a meme than a VN to my friends, I wanted to try it but I don't see the appeal of it. 

Just now, Syan said:

Because DDLC is more of a meme than a VN to my friends, I wanted to try it but I don't see the appeal of it. 

If you got it spoiled to you completely then it's not that much worth playing, but it's definitely not just a meme. It relies a lot on its main gimmick and has little replayability because of that, but it's really all-around a solid short VN. If someone took the part before the first twist as a base and turned it into a standard moege I would happily play it, it does some seriously cute and creative things this the whole "literature club" theme. :P

5 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

If you got it spoiled to you completely then it's not that much worth playing, but it's definitely not just a meme. It relies a lot on its main gimmick and has little replayability because of that, but it's really all-around a solid short VN. If someone took the part before the first twist as a base and turned it into a standard moege I would happily play it, it does some seriously cute and creative things this the whole "literature club" theme. :P

Yeah it was hard core spoiled for me