Denpasoft's double release

Thatcomicguy

You guys probably already know but Denpasoft just did a double release of A Clockwork Ley-Line: The Borderline of Dusk and Hoshizora no Memoria  -Wish upon a Shooting Star- with 10% off on each making both $26.99.

Links: 

Clockwork Ley-Line - https://denpasoft.com/products/a-clockwork-ley-line-the-borderline-of-dusk

Hoshizora - https://denpasoft.com/products/hoshizora-no-memoria

No word yet if the Fandisc of Hoshizora no Memoria will be coming to Denpasoft/Sekai's stores at a later date or remaining a Kickstater exclusive but still they're something to do over the holidays.... I mean who needs family and gifts when we've got 2d Waifus waiting for us haha. Happy Holidays Pervs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

As a side note I love the character art for A Clockwork, it stands out a lot more over a lot of the more recent stuff I've read in the past few months.

Edited by Thatcomicguy

EDIT: MangaGamer just this minute also released a Dies irae DX package with also 10% dropping it too $33.95. So good news if you're a fan of this series I personally haven't tried it and last I heard the first Dies Irae was already released on Steam by someone so I don't know how MG got the license to do it as well but anyway link here.   http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1041

12 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

EDIT: MangaGamer just this minute also released a Dies irae DX package with also 10% dropping it too $33.95. So good news if you're a fan of this series I personally haven't tried it and last I heard the first Dies Irae was already released on Steam by someone so I don't know how MG got the license to do it as well but anyway link here.   http://www.mangagamer.com/detail.php?goods_type=1&product_code=1041

As for Mangagamer, it's just Light storefront for Dies Irae 18+ version like Steam for all age version, so it's not that surprising because they also sold the VNs from the third party in the past like Light right now.

12 minutes ago, Duyy said:

So, you guys recommend Clockwork? Honestly I thought it was an english release of Tokeijikake no Ley Line....

Well, Clockwork here was direct translation of Tokeijikake so more or less you're right about that.

Anyway it's definitely the good news that Denpa release dual VN at the same time, especially in regard of Hoshimemo which while it was a redundant release for the fan who already read the fan translated version, it's still have enough advantage against Miagete which have same premise with Hoshimemo (Star viewing) except that Miagete didn't have 18+ content while Hoshimemo should have - and hopefully without dolphin lol.

Edited by littleshogun

On 12/18/2017 at 9:24 PM, DharmaFreedom said:

i wan grisaia no rakuen 18+ though.... :wafuu:

Same I ordered the English complete box collection whenever Frontwing gets it's shit together to start shipping without these delays, even though I have all of that series besides No Rakuen because the prefect girl doesn't exist...

Matsushima.Michiru.full.1004169.jpg

scratch that last bit I've seen the light, Can I get a hallelujah

On 12/18/2017 at 9:27 PM, littleshogun said:

As for Mangagamer, it's just Light storefront for Dies Irae 18+ version like Steam so it's not that surprising because they also sold the VNs from the third party in the past like Light right now.

That makes sense I did download the Free prologue part of that on Steam but haven't started it as I didn't really want to pay for the rest of the story in the two part paid dlc package as it was still the All ages version. So I might just uninstall that and get this as it works out cheaper when converted into UK currency and you get that PSP reverse port of the other game with it *didn't know there was one just thought it was only the main VN in this series* as I was interested enough when Steam released it as I've heard good things about it.

17 minutes ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Unfortunately the backers of the game really got screwed in this regard as we don't even get anything close to that. Instead we get a patch to get rid of the other version that can only be played on steam and in japanese locale. They may have tried but when the mangagamer version is announced immediately after with none of the issues of the steam release...what the hell Light?

53 minutes ago, kyrt said:

Unfortunately the backers of the game really got screwed in this regard as we don't even get anything close to that. Instead we get a patch to get rid of the other version that can only be played on steam and in japanese locale. They may have tried but when the mangagamer version is announced immediately after with none of the issues of the steam release...what the hell Light?

So the MG version still doesn't have any of the Amantes Amentes additions? 

EDIT: Checked vndb. It's got both Amantes Amentes and Acta est Fabula, but as separate programs. Still kinda lame that they weren't designed to fit together, but that's a better way of handling it than the steam "patch."

Edited by tahu157

1 hour ago, kyrt said:

Morale of the story: don't back kickstarters made by shady companies. :amane:

1 hour ago, Thatcomicguy said:

Same I ordered the English complete box collection whenever Frontwing gets it's shit together to start shipping without these delays, even though I have all of that series besides No Rakuen because the prefect girl doesn't exist...

That would be on Denpasoft/ Sekai Project, and not Frontwing. Frontwing aren't the ones doing the TL for the Grisaia games; they are just the ones who put together the box originally in Japanese, as they are the devs behind the series. Western fans started asking for an English version, and Fronwting complied. But, since they aren't the ones doing the TL, they have to wait for the TL to finish before they can put the box together. So, before the English box can start shipping, Rakuen 18+ has to be released on Denpasoft, and it's taking them a loooooooooooooooong time to do that, in standard Sekai Project fashion.

2 hours ago, Thatcomicguy said:

No word yet if the Fandisc of Hoshizora no Memoria will be coming to Denpasoft/Sekai's stores at a later date or remaining a Kickstater exclusive but still they're something to do over the holidays.... I mean who needs family and gifts when we've got 2d Waifus waiting for us haha. Happy Holidays Pervs ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I very much doubt the Hoshimemo fandisc will be a Kickstarter exclusive.  I can't imagine Sekai would want to leave that money on the table.

Sure, there have been some light novels and things that were, but those are much harder for Sekai to sell.  Sekai sells games.  It makes more sense to get money from the Kickstarter to translate the fandisc, then also get money from people buying at retail.  If the fandisc was some kind of Kickstarter exclusive, I'm pretty sure it'd have been explcitly mentioned in the campaign.

Bump this thread, and sorry for the unpleasant news that I'll write here.

Just saw some screenshot in regard of both Sekai releases, and let's just said that their release was still have some fault because there's still some untranslated text. Here's the screenshots below courtesy of Hainiryuun for Tokeijikake below, and his Tweet just in case the examples below was not convincing enough.

Spoiler

DRsxGzHUEAECft8.jpg

Spoiler

DRsxQrYUQAAxthb.jpg

No example from Hoshimemo here, but yeah it got same untranslated text problem as well.

What I could say is that while Sekai did a good job to have them released both of 18+ and DLC version - in which Pulltop could actually do the same for the overseas release like that, unfortunately the untranslated text here was an issue that we couldn't simply ignored here because it might caused the new player to be uncomfortable. Also there's a fact that it even make one of the most vocal supporter who usually defend Sekai very hard gave up in regard of this problem, so in short this is a big issue if this problem caused the trust one of the most vocal supporter to be shattered. In the end, I just hope that Sekai will address this problem, no matter what.

Edited by littleshogun

3 hours ago, littleshogun said:

I just hope that Sekai will address this problem, no matter what.

Well this is Sekai Project we are talking about, probably some months of silence while there is a lot of backlash from people. After these months they will suddenly provide a patch without having told anyone they were working on it. This patch will of course cause problems with the Denpasoft version and piss people off as well as lead to about half a year to a year extra delay on their physical releases.

Well this scenario is just something I gues based on how Sekai Project usually does things.

Edited by bakauchuujin