UQ Holder! Anime Discussion (WARNING: SPOILERS!!)

Sonicboom2.0

Decided to make one of these, As for my feels for the anime adaption it left a bitter taste in my mouth with a slap across my face. I'm not caught up with the manga yet but even I know it had a rushed ending. I just wish that studios would give Ken Akamatsu's series a longer episode rosters like at least 24 episodes and follow the manga. Well, that's what I got out of it and I'm curious what others think.

11 hours ago, Sonicboom2.0 said:

Decided to make one of these, As for my feels for the anime adaption it left a bitter taste in my mouth with a slap across my face. I'm not caught up with the manga yet but even I know it had a rushed ending. I just wish that studios would give Ken Akamatsu's series a longer episode rosters like at least 24 episodes and follow the manga. Well, that's what I got out of it and I'm curious what others think.

I've gotten used to the Akamatsu curse. I used to scanlate the original Negima and loved it to death until they destroyed the manga ending. Additionally I subbed all the Negima OVAs and none of the original story ever got a good anime. So basically after Love Hina - which was the only manga to finish successfully but suffered with the unfinished anime, none of Akamatsu's works have ever gotten the completion and attention they deserve. To be honest I expected much the same with UQ and never even bothered reading the manga. I still enjoyed the anime in its own way but can see absolutely crystal clearly how it couldn't possibly be what was in the manga, so the curse continues.