How to find Japanese seiyuu, composer and singer

BlackHat

How do companies or developers find Japanese seiyuu,  composers and singers for visual novels or games?

Like for example are there any companies / agencies / firm for that. I don't mind japanese websites since I can somewhat figure it out. Any direction is really appreciated, thanks :) 

Edited by BlackHat

5 hours ago, BlackHat said:

How do companies or developers find Japanese seiyuu,  composers and singers for visual novels or games?

Like for example are there any companies / agencies / firm for that. I don't mind japanese websites since I can somewhat figure it out. Any direction is really appreciated, thanks :) 

I'm not too knowledgeable on this, so don't take me too seriously. Alot of these Japanese seiyuus are affiliated with a Voice aciting agency. These agencies act as a bridge between entertainment companies and the voice actor. So I think that's how companies find those Japanese seiyuus.

Are you planning to use Japanese seiyuus? If you're an Indie developer with no publisher or anything, you'll probably have to hire free-lancer seiyuus. Free-lancer seiyuus work on their own and do not belong to an agency. There's a lot of these Free lancer seiyuus out there. I'm actually familiar with some of those seiyuus.

Edited by Kaito1

I have no idea what the rates are for starting-out/freelance seiyuu and this might be a dumb advice because of that, but it's easy to find personal sites and links to VA agencies on places like MyAnimeList. If you look at some low-budget anime, there's a lot of young voice actors there that still have to make a name for themselves and should probably be relatively cheap to hire - the easiest way to find out should be to follow the links, write to the agencies themselves and ask for their pricing etc. If you can communicate in Japanese you should be able to get all the information you need from those, the VN market in Japan is huge and rather competitive, so there's a lot to chose from.

14 hours ago, BlackHat said:

Yes, I am planning to use Japanese seiyuu. Budget or money is not a problem atm . But since I know no one who knows how to find japanese agencies or resources,  it is quite hard for me to find the people or companies I want. :/  

Oh, Are you an Indie developer or a company planning to create a Visual Novel? I'm really interested in seeing what it is. Do you have a twitter account, a site, or something?

Voice acting agencies, such as Aoni Productions and Kenyu Office, have websites where a gaming company or someone can make a request or a job opening to hire some voice actors.

But if you want to, you could also hire some Free lancer Japanese seiyuus as well. They are also very talented voice actors too. A lot of them are on twitter. Just PM me if you need assistance in hiring one.

Edited by Kaito1