I might not fit in too well around here, but hello!

Zander

I'll come clean right away. I don't particularly like anime, I don't have any special interest in Japan or Japanese culture, and I'm the kind of guy that patches his 18+ games to the all-ages version. Some of my mates call me a "normie", even though I'm still not sure what that even means.

Before you grab your pitchforks and send me on a one-way trip to the Shadow Realm, let me tell you what I do love: visual novels. I love the Kara no Shoujo series, STEINS;GATE, World End Economica, anything with a narrative focus really. Even if some of Kara no Shoujo's 18+ scenes made me want to get a lobotomy to forget I ever witnessed it. Feel free to recommend me your favourite one, I'd love to check it out!

Anyway, I've followed a couple of blogs on this site for a while (Fred the Barber and that Darbury fellow are both hilarious and enlightening) so I thought I'd check out the forums too to get to know all of you lovely people. Looking forward to it! 

A non-weeb on our forums? Sound the alarm! Grab your swords!!! :marie:

Seriously though, welcome to fuwa, I'm always happy to see another person sharing my policy of avoiding h-content when ever it's possible! :)

I don't avoid it with yuri though...

... anyways, I don't think there's a problem with standing out around here, if you love VNs, you'll find plenty of things to read and write about. If my fascination with western-made VNs didn't get me driven out of here I don't think you have much to worry about. ;) So, don't be afraid to say strange things and I hope you'll have fun while doing that. :3

1 hour ago, Zander said:

I'll come clean right away. I don't particularly like anime, I don't have any special interest in Japan or Japanese culture, and I'm the kind of guy that patches his 18+ games to the all-ages version. Some of my mates call me a "normie", even though I'm still not sure what that even means.

Before you grab your pitchforks and send me on a one-way trip to the Shadow Realm, let me tell you what I do love: visual novels. I love the Kara no Shoujo series, STEINS;GATE, World End Economica, anything with a narrative focus really. Even if some of Kara no Shoujo's 18+ scenes made me want to get a lobotomy to forget I ever witnessed it. Feel free to recommend me your favourite one, I'd love to check it out!

Anyway, I've followed a couple of blogs on this site for a while (Fred the Barber and that Darbury fellow are both hilarious and enlightening) so I thought I'd check out the forums too to get to know all of you lovely people. Looking forward to it! 

hey dad, you'll be assimilated it no time. KnS is great btw, my personal favorite. 

Everyone has their own tastes.  If you prefer OELVNs or just want anything with a good story, we won't bash you for it.  A few suggestions of translated VNs (ask Rooke for OELVNs) with a good narrative.

Fata Morgana

Tokyo Babel

Ayakashibito

Now I'll leave you to it... enjoy your VN life. 

As long as you're not that fanatic in regard of no H scenes in VN, then it's all good ie no problem. Anyway, welcome to Fuwanovel and as for the matter of VNs like Clephas said everyone has their own taste here. As for the recommendation here, I think you might as well tried both of Dies Irae and Shadows of Pygmalion if you still didn't tried those yet. Also perhaps you could try Subahibi if you really like narrative, although at time it could be disturbing though. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

13 hours ago, Plk_Lesiak said:

A non-weeb on our forums? Sound the alarm! Grab your swords!!! :marie:

I sure hope those are katanas you're grabbing or I'll have to have a word with the non-weeb police myself :Kappa: Thank you for the warm welcome! I'm on board with the idea of western-made VNs too, so if you come across any good ones let me know

Even if it's yuri. 

12 hours ago, xGreyHound said:

hey dad, you'll be assimilated it no time. KnS is great btw, my personal favorite. 

I'm really proud of your choice in VNs, son. KnS had just the right mix with its historical setting, murder mystery theme, and likeable protagonist; it checked all the right boxes for me. Really loved it even though I probably died more times than I did in my first playthrough of Dark Souls III. I'm excited for KnS 3 too

12 hours ago, Silvz said:

Read Umineko no Naku Koro Ni :D

I've heard a lot about that series, and will definitely check it out! Thank you!

11 hours ago, Clephas said:

Everyone has their own tastes.  If you prefer OELVNs or just want anything with a good story, we won't bash you for it.  A few suggestions of translated VNs (ask Rooke for OELVNs) with a good narrative.

That's true, I probably chose my words a little didn't mean to imply anyone would bash me for it. This forum seems extremely accepting and friendly. I don't prefer OELVNs necessarily, but I am interested in VNs that break out of the Japanese setting so I'll probably track down this Rooke sometime.

And thank you for the Fata Morgana recommendation, it looks exactly like what I'm looking for and will be my next VN!

5 hours ago, littleshogun said:

As long as you're not that fanatic in regard of no H scenes in VN, then it's all good ie no problem. Anyway, welcome to Fuwanovel and as for the matter of VNs like Clephas said everyone has their own taste here. As for the recommendation here, I think you might as well tried both of Dies Irae and Shadows of Pygmalion if you still didn't tried those yet. Also perhaps you could try Subahibi if you really like narrative, although at time it could be disturbing though. Hope you enjoy yourself here.

I took a look at Subahibi on vndb and this screenshot made me curious enough to want to give it a try :lol: Shadows of Pygmalion also looks really interesting! Thank you.

And thank you for the welcome littleshogun!